The Difference Between Liberals, Conservatives, And Southerners - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 06:25 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bruce, you're absolutely right. If you're going to have a handgun, you ought to take the trouble to get proper training, learn to use the damn thing and practice. Personally shooting, and teaching people to shoot, are hobbies of mine.

I've trained at Gunsite in Arizona and several other places, have shot competitively (USPSA and registered trap) and get out to the range almost every week. My wife is a competitive trapshooter as well and teaches wing shooting. And now I'm a member of a group that provides basic handgun training locally.

The purpose of the exercise is to (1) handle the gun properly and safely; (2) know when to shoot it; and (3) hit what you are shooting at. The necessary knowledge and skill are not intuitive (and can't be learned from TV or the movies), but they can be learned with proper instruction.

Drive as fast as you can...but no faster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
I am still waiting for a hard on while reading this thread... waiting, waiting...
Are male strippers allowed to get a hard on?

Don't believe everything you think
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 07:17 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I think you will have to wait. This is bench racing with a twist. It also happens with new HDTV, Home Entertainment Centers, Cameras and Computers [though not so much here].

You should hear the Ham radio guys. They are worse.
Hey, watch what you say about the ham radio guys--I used to be one (K8IBY)...

post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 08:01 AM
BenzWorld Senior Member

Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: 2006 SLK350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R. View Post
The problem with the smaller calibers, the .25's and 32's is that in a lot of cases all they do is annoy the hell out of the bad guys, and those hopped up on drugs (even the new .32 Magnum). They require good to excellent placement in order to stop an attack. Lots and lots were manufactured between the First and Second wars in Europe, some were well made some not so good, the same holds true today.
See if your Mrs. can handle the Trooper with .38 Special wadcutters, that's about as light a load as you can buy, and reloads are cheap so practice doesn't cost an arm and a leg... Lots of encouragement and support often help, keep the heavy loads for home defense.
I still like a shotgun for home protection, nothing like racking a pump to get a bad guy to reconsider his position. Less chance of hurting someone else next door through over penitration as well..........
Already tried the 38 special loads. Still scares the crap out of the Mrs. Like I said, with the 32 she will keep pulling the trigger and it fits in her purse. We go to the range regularly and make her pratice with the silhouette targets to get the feel of hitting center torso. If she is at home there is always the 12 guage (loaded alternating 00 buckshot & slug).

It's better to have a gun and not need it, than need a gun and not have it.

2006 SLK350
Something Silver

“I’m sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you’re not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we’re Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration.”
- Hillary Clinton
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 08:25 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
This is either a depiction of me slinging a rock at my attacker, or running off with the bra I just one-handed off of that hot chick down at the coffee stand.

You better run back and get the other cup. Or at least introduce yourself.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
This is either a depiction of me slinging a rock at my attacker, or running off with the bra I just one-handed off of that hot chick down at the coffee stand.

Actually, I think it is drewprof's g-string...

post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 08:58 AM
Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
My nut-bra's a little loose, eh?
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 01:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormallyAsperated View Post
The purpose of the exercise is to (1) handle the gun properly and safely; (2) know when to shoot it; and (3) hit what you are shooting at. The necessary knowledge and skill are not intuitive (and can't be learned from TV or the movies), but they can be learned with proper instruction.
I can't agree with that more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felkhound
Already tried the 38 special loads. Still scares the crap out of the Mrs. Like I said, with the 32 she will keep pulling the trigger and it fits in her purse. We go to the range regularly and make her pratice with the silhouette targets to get the feel of hitting center torso. If she is at home there is always the 12 guage (loaded alternating 00 buckshot & slug).
If she can hit what she aims at, that's all you can ask for. Practice is where it's at.
Don't know about slugs in the shotgun though, they can pass clean through a house the way they build them anymore. Double O isn't much better. At the range a shotgun is used, almost anything will work, and birdshot penetrates wallboard the least.

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 01:16 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by NormallyAsperated View Post
Bruce, you're absolutely right. If you're going to have a handgun, you ought to take the trouble to get proper training, learn to use the damn thing and practice. Personally shooting, and teaching people to shoot, are hobbies of mine.

I've trained at Gunsite in Arizona and several other places, have shot competitively (USPSA and registered trap) and get out to the range almost every week. My wife is a competitive trapshooter as well and teaches wing shooting. And now I'm a member of a group that provides basic handgun training locally.

Maybe you could do a pro-bono in the 'hood and teach them how to at least hit their intended target.

post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 12-27-2007, 06:18 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillKill View Post
Maybe you could do a pro-bono in the 'hood and teach them how to at least hit their intended target.
Nah -- let those guys miss.

Drive as fast as you can...but no faster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in