What does it for you - Page 5 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 10:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1967 Irish/ Pole
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Never fear. The aforementioned administration is not likely to 'peter out' any time soon.

-Marty

"...pour out of one vessel into another; and as those old Romans robbed all the cities in the world, we skim the cream of other men's wits, pick the choice flowers of their tilled gardens to set our own sterile plots."
-a Richard Burton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 11:13 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Jillian chose to fall on a toy sword in a display of loyalty to DR. His brief time-out had already ended, and her brief time-out will also end shortly. Oh, the drama.......
So succinct, so to the point. I wonder if Jillian can tolerate being placed in the passive role in as much if DR can comprehend loyalty.
post #43 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 02:47 AM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Let's see -- "if". "if", "think", "premise", "then", "suppose"... I see now that this is as critically important a non-issue regarding a self-declared non-member as many other non-issues.
To the contrary, it is an exploration of the parameters. The fact that you (meaning moderator, nothing personal) have the ability to know of the activity of any registered member of this forum regardless of their privacy setting (which is provided by the website as an available personal option) leads one to wonder what other levels of exploration and public disclosure are available to the various levels of administration of the board.

It is easy to think of one's postings as "intellectual property" while posts like #31 of this thread (meaning you and is somewhat personal) are a reminder that there is no property here. This leads to a couple of questions.

Can a moderator see into the PM In/Out box of members?
Can a moderator read a message post Reply to Thread as it is being typed or a New Topic before it is posted?

Just wondering what the level of transparency is.

At work, our Loss Prevention department has remote, lipstick type cameras that they place into stores when there is an issue, unknown to the management staff of those stores. I always remind those who work at the store that knowing that fact makes it simpler to act as though the cameras are already there. This encourages the proper behavior from everyone, including those who might otherwise be tempted to give themselves or others a 'discount'.

As for me, I've occasionally 'dropped trou' while 'alone' in the office to ostensibly tuck in my shirt tail. What anyone might DO after I've done that, of course, is out of my hands but I would not expect to see a videotape of it at the next managers' meeting. Now if I was dipping into the cash, for example, I am positive THAT video would be shown at the next meeting but since I would no longer be employed I would therefore not see it.

SO...

Regardless of what may or may not have happened to some self or otherwise declared non-member, post #31 of this thread stands alone as reminder that what we, as members, may perceive as a private matter is, in reality, the property of BenzWorld and any such information may be disseminated in any manner as BenzWorld or its representatives desire.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Really. That last sentence might read a come across a little 'smart-assed' but that is not the intent.

It helps to know this stuff.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

post #44 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 03:14 AM
slightly creased

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 1988 420 SE; 2015 ML 400
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Dig, I can tell you as a green mod, we can see none of that shit...

We can only deal with our assigned areas.

It's Xmas, let's all drink heavily laced egg nog and get pissed!!! Then hhave wonderful techincolour hurls.....

BTW, I think that OT would have a hilarious laugh at a 'pants down' video should you feel so obliged to post.....

Ross

OzBenz

beware of fundamentalists

Last edited by 420 SE; 12-24-2007 at 03:16 AM.
post #45 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 03:29 AM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Well, OK but if I come back and see Zeitgeist yawning, I swear...

I'll fly out to his neck of the rainforest and force him to drink decaffeinated Folgers Dark French Roast that was made in a 33 year old Mr. Coffee that gets a cup of Chlorox run through it every Saturday night whether it needs it or not.

Now I gotta go to work.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

post #46 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 03:40 AM
slightly creased

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 1988 420 SE; 2015 ML 400
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
And I, to bed, and we have left out some delightful 15 YO Lagavulin, honey coated Macadamia nuts and petite mince pies for his red and fatness and are expecting large and expensive presents to be waiting at the end of the bed and under the tree in the morning.

Merry Xmas...

Ross

OzBenz

beware of fundamentalists

post #47 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 03:45 AM Thread Starter
Outstanding Contributor

Date registered: May 2007
Vehicle: Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 291 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Well this thread whent adrift a little, but I hope it cleared the air for christmas.
Merry Christmas everyone

ERIC.

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second ... if there is one."
- Winston Churchill, in response.
post #48 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 05:43 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Dig,

If you go to the PM section there is a notification on the page somewhere that states all PM's can be monitored for "security reasons". Now with that being monitored I would assume that certain Mods, probably the infamous "Super Mods" as they have been referred to have all and more special powers as listed below:

Super Strength: The Super Mods have the ability lift heavy objects like steel support beams.

Leaping Ability: As originally conceived in the BW charter, Super Mods can leap an 1⁄8th of a mile or hurdle a 20 story building in a single bound.

Super Speed: Super Mods can run faster than an express train.

Durability: Super Mods skin can not be pierced by anything short of a large artillery shell.

Member Status: Super Mods have the ability to see a BW member even if his or her on line status is hidden and in certain situations Super Mods can look up the skirt of certain female BW members if they deem these women a security threat.

Anyone here knowing of any other super powers that these Super Mods may or may not have please feel free to list them here to know what powers the 'man" has..........

Last edited by Jakarta Expat; 12-24-2007 at 08:06 AM.
post #49 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 07:49 AM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
I now think that the Super Mods and their sheep have installed spyware onto my computer, via the Benzworld site, to monitor my online activity.
Gawd are they gonna be bored.

Another point: 'Private Message' should be changed to 'Semi-private Message' to alert members that their privates are not really private and that their members may be massaged at any time. Wait . . . what . . . oh . . . nevermind.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 • 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
post #50 of 62 (permalink) Old 12-24-2007, 07:59 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Oct 2004
Vehicle: 2006 E55, 2005 SLK55, a few others
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm at a loss really. All these bannings and self imposed vacations over this, when FTL apparently can a does tell anyone and everyone that doesn't follow his "I'm so far to the left I'm laying on my side" leanings, to go fuck themselves??? I'm a member and need a massage....................................

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in