LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 87 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 07:31 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
DR. PHIL :
The problem we have here is that this chicken won't realize that he must first deal with the problem on 'THIS' side of the road before it goes after the problem on the 'OTHER SIDE' of the road. What we need to do is help him realize how stupid he's acting by not taking on his 'CURRENT' problems before adding 'NEW' problems.

OPRAH :
Well, I understand that the chicken is having problems, which is why he wants to cross this road so bad. So instead of having the chicken learn from his mistakes and take falls, which is a part of life, I'm going to give this chicken a car so that he can just drive across the road and not live his life like the rest of the chickens.

GEORGE W. BUSH :
We don't really care why the chicken crossed the road. We just want to know if the chicken is on our side of the road, or not. The chicken is either against us, or for us. There is no middle ground here.

COLIN POWELL :
Now to the left of the screen, you can clearly see the satellite image of the chicken crossing the road...

ANDERSON COOPER - CNN:
We have reason to believe there is a chicken, but we have not yet been allowed to have access to the other side of the road.

JOHN KERRY :
Although I voted to let the chicken cross the road, I am now against it! It was the wrong road to cross, and I was misled about the chicken's intentions. I am not for it now, and will remain against it.

NANCY GRACE :
That chicken crossed the road because he's GUILTY! You can see it in his eyes and the way he walks.

PAT BUCHANAN :
To steal the job of a decent, hardworking American.

MARTHA STEWART :
No one called me to warn me which way that chicken was going. I had a standing order at the Farmer's Market to sell my eggs when the price dropped to a certain level. No little bird gave me any insider information.

DR SEUSS :
Did the chicken cross the road? Did he cross it with a toad? Yes, the chicken crossed the road, but why it crossed I've not been told.

ERNEST HEMINGWAY :
To die in the rain. Alone.

JERRY FALWELL :
Because the chicken was gay! Can't you people see the plain truth?' That's why they call it the 'other side.' Yes, my friends, that chicken is gay. And if you eat that chicken, you will become gay too. I say we boycott all chickens until we sort out this abomination that the liberal media white washes with seemingly harmless phrases like 'the other side. That chicken should not be crossing the road. It's as plain and as simple as that.

GRANDPA :
In my day we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Somebody told us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough.

BARBARA WALTERS :
Isn't that interesting? In a few moments, we will be listening to the chicken tell, for the first time, the heart warming story of how it experienced a serious case of molting, and went on to accomplish its life long dream of crossing the road.

ARISTOTLE :
It is the nature of chickens to cross the road.

JOHN LENNON:
Imagine all the chickens in the world crossing roads together, in peace.

BILL GATES :
I have just released eChicken2007, which will not only cross roads, but will lay eggs, file your important documents, and balance your check book. Internet Explorer is an integral part of eChicken. This new platform is much more stable and will never cra...#@&&^(C% ........ reboot.

ALBERT EINSTEIN :
Did the chicken really cross the road, or did the road move beneath the chicken?

BILL CLINTON:
I did not cross the road with THAT chicken. What is your definition of chicken?

AL GORE:
I invented the chicken!

COLONEL SANDERS:
Did I miss one?

DICK CHENEY :
Where's my gun?

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 87 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 08:26 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
You must have a rash from itching this same spot Shane.

If there is a global conflict over the ME oil, the transit from the ME to the US is going to make the cargo too vulnerable to attack. We don't have a Navy anymore, and therefore cannot protect the shipments over the entire route.

So, I would like to see Bush publicly lay a really messy, slobbering kiss on old Chavez's ass, you know, deep anal tonguing and all, to make a long term agreement to secure Venezuela's oil, and the rest of South American oil before dealing with the ME any more. All this hostile shit just drives the price up and does little or nothing to ensure the continuity of the supply. Much easier to protect shipments from the shores of South America to US ports. Besides, so far there has been relatively little truly anti-American activity from oil money sent to South America. That cannot be said of the ME.

But hey Shane, if you have a particularly nasty itch that won't heal, just go ahead and keep scratching it. Hell, make it bleed. Jim
post #13 of 87 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 08:34 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobby View Post
With that theory, why not invade Canada? There is just as much oil, if not more, less travel time, and only 30 million very polite people to deal with.
Just remember to bring a tuque.
They don't need to do that. We want to sell the US as much of it as we can squeeze out of our tar-filled ground. All we'd like in return is to be cut a little bit of slack at the border, so that we can move the rest of our goods a little bit easier. And maybe for you to keep Celine Dion, even though she's officially finished her run in Vegas.

If it becomes a choice between the border and Celine, please keep Celine.
post #14 of 87 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 08:41 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlomon View Post
They don't need to do that. We want to sell the US as much of it as we can squeeze out of our tar-filled ground. All we'd like in return is to be cut a little bit of slack at the border, so that we can move the rest of our goods a little bit easier. And maybe for you to keep Celine Dion, even though she's officially finished her run in Vegas.

If it becomes a choice between the border and Celine, please keep Celine.

We have always had the opportunity to buy oil from producers, even in the ME, but somehow that isn't good enough. We want to own your deposits, and tell you what you can and can't do with it, like sell it to China or India or not. Or so it seems Shane is suggesting with his peculiar proposal that "Bush was correct."

So, we want rights to your deposits under your land, and for that I believe even Shane would service Celine on a long term, exclusive basis. If that is amenable, let's talk. Jim
post #15 of 87 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 10:23 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst View Post
DR. PHIL :
The problem we have here is that this chicken won't realize that he must first deal with the problem on 'THIS' side of the road before it goes after the problem on the 'OTHER SIDE' of the road. What we need to do is help him realize how stupid he's acting by not taking on his 'CURRENT' problems before adding 'NEW' problems.

OPRAH :
Well, I understand that the chicken is having problems, which is why he wants to cross this road so bad. So instead of having the chicken learn from his mistakes and take falls, which is a part of life, I'm going to give this chicken a car so that he can just drive across the road and not live his life like the rest of the chickens.

GEORGE W. BUSH :
We don't really care why the chicken crossed the road. We just want to know if the chicken is on our side of the road, or not. The chicken is either against us, or for us. There is no middle ground here.

COLIN POWELL :
Now to the left of the screen, you can clearly see the satellite image of the chicken crossing the road...

ANDERSON COOPER - CNN:
We have reason to believe there is a chicken, but we have not yet been allowed to have access to the other side of the road.

JOHN KERRY :
Although I voted to let the chicken cross the road, I am now against it! It was the wrong road to cross, and I was misled about the chicken's intentions. I am not for it now, and will remain against it.

NANCY GRACE :
That chicken crossed the road because he's GUILTY! You can see it in his eyes and the way he walks.

PAT BUCHANAN :
To steal the job of a decent, hardworking American.

MARTHA STEWART :
No one called me to warn me which way that chicken was going. I had a standing order at the Farmer's Market to sell my eggs when the price dropped to a certain level. No little bird gave me any insider information.

DR SEUSS :
Did the chicken cross the road? Did he cross it with a toad? Yes, the chicken crossed the road, but why it crossed I've not been told.

ERNEST HEMINGWAY :
To die in the rain. Alone.

JERRY FALWELL :
Because the chicken was gay! Can't you people see the plain truth?' That's why they call it the 'other side.' Yes, my friends, that chicken is gay. And if you eat that chicken, you will become gay too. I say we boycott all chickens until we sort out this abomination that the liberal media white washes with seemingly harmless phrases like 'the other side. That chicken should not be crossing the road. It's as plain and as simple as that.

GRANDPA :
In my day we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Somebody told us the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough.

BARBARA WALTERS :
Isn't that interesting? In a few moments, we will be listening to the chicken tell, for the first time, the heart warming story of how it experienced a serious case of molting, and went on to accomplish its life long dream of crossing the road.

ARISTOTLE :
It is the nature of chickens to cross the road.

JOHN LENNON:
Imagine all the chickens in the world crossing roads together, in peace.

BILL GATES :
I have just released eChicken2007, which will not only cross roads, but will lay eggs, file your important documents, and balance your check book. Internet Explorer is an integral part of eChicken. This new platform is much more stable and will never cra...#@&&^(C% ........ reboot.

ALBERT EINSTEIN :
Did the chicken really cross the road, or did the road move beneath the chicken?

BILL CLINTON:
I did not cross the road with THAT chicken. What is your definition of chicken?

AL GORE:
I invented the chicken!

COLONEL SANDERS:
Did I miss one?

DICK CHENEY :
Where's my gun?
Search and replace "chicken" with "energy consumer" and you have your answer.

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

post #16 of 87 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 10:40 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Did GW Bush provide the control and acquisition of oil as a reason for the Iraq invasion? I'm sure someone can provide a link.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #17 of 87 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 10:45 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Did GW Bush provide the control and acquisition of oil as a reason for the Iraq invasion? I'm sure someone can provide a link.
I doubt it. That's the giant elephant (or donkey, if one prefers) in the room that no politician wants to mention, except in an dismissive or accusatory way.

B

post #18 of 87 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Then we're down to two choices. Either oil had nothing to do with it, thus dismissing the OP's claim altogether, or GW Bush was lying (lie of omission, but lie nonetheless). Take your pick.

I think we may need to start tossing breadcrumbs. I could swear we've been down this path before...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #19 of 87 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 11:29 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Then we're down to two choices. Either oil had nothing to do with it, thus dismissing the OP's claim altogether, or GW Bush was lying (lie of omission, but lie nonetheless). Take your pick.

I think we may need to start tossing breadcrumbs. I could swear we've been down this path before...
There's always a 3rd alternative -- that we confuse ultimate with proximate causes.

B

post #20 of 87 (permalink) Old 12-19-2007, 11:36 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

LOL -- You mean like after we showed up and showed Saddam the door, GW woke up one morning and said "By gosh, I jes figgered out they have oil there, don't they?"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in