The toll of a campaign... - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Hillary Clinton is a war pig. Take a look, she's over in the next sty.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-17-2007, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Hillary Clinton is a war pig. Take a look, she's over in the next sty.
Well, don't get too nasty...

Don't believe everything you think
post #23 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 07:43 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Forty percent of Americans say they would vote to keep Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton from winning the presidency, more than twice the total for their No. 2 "anti-" pick, former New York Mayor Rudolph W. Giuliani.

In a new Fox 5-The Washington Times-Rasmussen Reports survey, 64 percent of Republicans, 42 percent of third-party or independent voters, and 17 percent of Democrats said the candidate they most want to keep from the White House is Mrs. Clinton.

"Hillary Clinton is better known than any [other] presidential candidate on either side. She has a lot of people who love her and a lot of people who hate her," said Scott Rasmussen, who conducted the poll.

While Mrs. Clinton performed poorly among most demographics, younger male voters were particularly cold. More than half of the adult men younger than 40 said they would use their vote to keep Mrs. Clinton from returning to the White House.

"If you look at the age breakdowns, younger people are more likely to put Clinton at the top of the list than older" people, Mr. Rasmussen said.

Mrs. Clinton performed best among older females, highlighting her strength but also pointing to the inroads Illinois Sen. Barack Obama, her chief rival for the Democratic presidential nomination, has made with younger voters.

"I think that's some of the generational change you're seeing Obama tap into," Mr. Rasmussen said.

The survey question was: "Sometimes people vote for a candidate mainly because they're voting against someone else. Which of the leading presidential candidates would you most want to prevent from becoming president?"

It's not surprising Mrs. Clinton tops the list. She has always polled highest when voters are asked who they will not consider voting for next November, often approaching half of all voters.

Mr. Rasmussen said the rest of the field is steadily catching up to Mrs. Clinton when voters are asked in other polls whether they support or oppose a particular candidate, rather than asked whom they most oppose among all the candidates. By that measure, each of the candidates is now opposed by at least 30 percent and most now draw more than 40 percent opposition, he said.

Among the other candidates in this new poll, the Republican Mr. Giuliani drew 17 percent of "anti-" votes, and garnered the strongest opposition from Democrats, with 30 percent saying they would use their vote to bar him from the presidency.

Mr. Obama was the only other candidate to draw double-digit opposition in the poll, with 11 percent saying they would consider using their vote against him. Eight percent of black adults and 13 percent of all Democrats polled said they would vote to block Mr. Obama from the White House.

The good news for Mr. Obama is that most of those polled paid attention when he campaigned last week with talk-show host Oprah Winfrey — 80 percent of those surveyed knew she is endorsing him. Seven percent — mostly younger voters — thought she had endorsed Mrs. Clinton.

Americans also didn't shy away from candidates talking about religion. Asked if they "tune in" or "turn off" when the political conversation drifts that way, 48 percent said they listen up, while 37 percent said they turn off. The rest were not sure how they would react.

In another question, the survey showed few Americans will be swayed by early-state primary voting in Iowa and New Hampshire. Only 5 percent of voters said the results from those two early states will influence their own votes "a lot," while 14 percent said "somewhat."

But Mr. Rasmussen said the real effect of Iowa and New Hampshire may be on limiting the choices for voters in those other states through winnowing of the field.

Hillary leads in the 'anti-' vote¬*-¬*-¬*The Washington Times, America's Newspaper
post #24 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 08:07 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Fucking Republicans are so bankrupt intellectually the only issue they can debate on is whether some old bitch has wrinkles. Man, are you people fucked up or what.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #25 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 04:26 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
Fucking Republicans are so bankrupt intellectually the only issue they can debate on is whether some old bitch has wrinkles. Man, are you people fucked up or what.
Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought I just read a thoughtful, well-reasoned piece you wrote on your impressions of McCain and Paul as candidates and I appreciated what was not a small effort in your doing it. If that wasn't you, I apologize for giving you too much credit.

And then you make a statement quoted above that makes absolutely no sense and has no basis in fact. You are mixing two events from yesterday's news: 1) the Rasmussen poll on Hillary's negatives and 2) Limbaugh's observation that presidents seem to age rapidly while in office.

I believe that I speak for a lot of Republicans, but primarily myself, that we fear the woman's policies far more than her appearance. We can expect less effort on illegal immigration, an increased gov't involvement in health care, if not an outright nationalization (ala Chavez), increased taxes to fund wild programs on social welfare and global warming, more activist, liberal judges and on and on. Maybe we would get "two for the price of one", but it's the "price" that concerns me.

So I respectfully respect that you not paint with such a broad brush.
post #26 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought I just read a thoughtful, well-reasoned piece you wrote on your impressions of McCain and Paul as candidates and I appreciated what was not a small effort in your doing it. If that wasn't you, I apologize for giving you too much credit.

And then you make a statement quoted above that makes absolutely no sense and has no basis in fact. You are mixing two events from yesterday's news: 1) the Rasmussen poll on Hillary's negatives and 2) Limbaugh's observation that presidents seem to age rapidly while in office.

I believe that I speak for a lot of Republicans, but primarily myself, that we fear the woman's policies far more than her appearance. We can expect less effort on illegal immigration, an increased gov't involvement in health care, if not an outright nationalization (ala Chavez), increased taxes to fund wild programs on social welfare and global warming, more activist, liberal judges and on and on. Maybe we would get "two for the price of one", but it's the "price" that concerns me.

Good gotcha!

Don't believe everything you think
post #27 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 07:19 PM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post

Don't worry, he does this most of the time..........Contradictions are part of the makeup of FTL
post #28 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 09:02 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
There is something that scares me when I think of a "girl" making life and death decisions, making war when we are attacked, etc... I am especially concerned about an old hippie from Arkansas deciding to want to sit in a circle w/ our enemies, hold hands and sing Kumbaya, which I believe would be her idea of "taking action!" Their are women w/ whom I would be comfortable running our government such as Margaret Thatcher, but not very many.

People that say things like that should go f*ck a fire ant mound

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #29 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 09:25 PM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade View Post
I should go f*ck a fire ant mound

Please you have posted in the wrong thread, this is not the "What fantasy I want the most" thread..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in