MICHAEL VICK SENTENCE FAIR?: “Animal cruelty” - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 11:55 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Newbie
 
achmed's Avatar
 
Date registered: Dec 2007
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
MICHAEL VICK SENTENCE FAIR?: “Animal cruelty”

Anybody heard the Barber Shop show Wednesday night ( Tiki and Ronde)on Sirius radio? The matter was all about Michael Vick 23-month jail imprisonment for “animal cruelty” as what other people utter for being the instigator of illegal dog fight and animal cruelty. They were giving their views if it’s a fair conviction or not. What you think, was the conviction fair or not? Some people say that it’s a fair conviction though some utter that is not fair (it’s too much) some say that the amount of punishment is just little for the deeds that he committed. In my own point of view, I really can’t tell if the conviction was fair or not, I agree that his deeds has been sensationalized and his punishment vastly exceeds his deeds but I also agree that it was a fair conviction and the amount of punishment is just little for his actions (I’m not being bias here) it’s just a point of view of being a dog breeder and justice seeker. The issue of the Falcons’ star Michael Vick was being sensationalized huh. (the prize of fame and fortune) lol. Ohh I remember to all the NFL fan out there I saw a holiday special going on for NFL radio might want to check it if you want to purchase cheap price of satellite radio it’s in here (link removed). Thanks.

Last edited by Teutone; 12-14-2007 at 01:47 PM. Reason: spam
achmed is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 11:59 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
yoseyman's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
Location: 1313 Mockingbird lane
Posts: 9,689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
They were just picking on a humble black man trying to make in a white mans world just like they tried on OJ. LEAVE MICHAEL ALONE!
yoseyman is offline  
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 12:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by achmed View Post
I agree that his deeds has been sensationalized and his punishment vastly exceeds his deeds but I also agree that it was a fair conviction and the amount of punishment is just little for his actions
Good to see you covered BOTH sides of the fence with your opinion there.

And this was covered back when he was convicted.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 12:11 PM
~BANNED~
 
Jakarta Expat's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 17,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoseyman View Post
They were just picking on a humble black man trying to make in a white mans world just like they tried on OJ. LEAVE MICHAEL ALONE!
Exactly, where is Brother Al Sharpton when you need him.........oh, he has an appt. with the IRS and the Feds today, well he will be here tomorrow...........
Jakarta Expat is offline  
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 12:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Yeah it was covered back when it was news, and now, well to be honest, does anyone really care about Vick? He had the world by the balls and threw it away for what? Dumb fuck. I hope he comes out of jail with some kind of new perspective and makes news because he plays ball again and does something positive. But, I wouldn't count on it. Jim
JimSmith is offline  
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 12:36 PM
Always Remembered RIP
 
cascade's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Location: Grass Valley, N. Calif. / Gardnerville, Nevada
Posts: 10,146
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Originally Posted by achmed View Post
Anybody heard the Barber Shop show Wednesday night ( Tiki and Ronde)on Sirius radio? The matter was all about Michael Vick 23-month jail imprisonment for “animal cruelty” as what other people utter for being the instigator of illegal dog fight and animal cruelty. They were giving their views if it’s a fair conviction or not. What you think, was the conviction fair or not? Some people say that it’s a fair conviction though some utter that is not fair (it’s too much) some say that the amount of punishment is just little for the deeds that he committed. In my own point of view, I really can’t tell if the conviction was fair or not, I agree that his deeds has been sensationalized and his punishment vastly exceeds his deeds but I also agree that it was a fair conviction and the amount of punishment is just little for his actions (I’m not being bias here) it’s just a point of view of being a dog breeder and justice seeker. The issue of the Falcons’ star Michael Vick was being sensationalized huh. (the prize of fame and fortune) lol. Ohh I remember to all the NFL fan out there I saw a holiday special going on for NFL radio might want to check it if you want to purchase cheap price of satellite radio it’s in here. Thanks.
This is pretty strange.

Your message is unclear, as you make it difficult whether you are seeking opinions on whether you seek opinions on whether the conviction was fair

...which means that error occurred in the trial, with regards to evidence, facts or application of the law, jury instructions, etc. - the remedy for which is a properly noticed and timely appeal...


...OR....

whether it's an error in following sentencing guidelines or the sentence is unfair, which is a different matter altogether, the proper remedy for which would be an appeal, as above, or persuading the legislature to change the sentencing laws in the criminal code.


You should also break up the post into different paragraphs with better punctuation, and make it easier to read and follow without giving headaches to everyone who reads this





...And one more thing.....what is the relevance of a commercial link about a "free radio".....why is this link posted in the body of all your posts, as a "by the way" reference?

We are cynical and cannot be blamed for thinking that that this is sly sweet Spam, and you can put one over on here, as it appears in ALL your posts, not just this one, (even though you are new here without established cred.)

What do others and moderators think about this?

Is it ??


Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.


"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<

Last edited by edfreeman; 12-14-2007 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Just seeing if I could delete the spam link
cascade is offline  
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 12:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
If he were not rich and famous he probably would not have served a day in jail. IMO...

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 02:26 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1999 ML320
Location: Ratville
Posts: 24,029
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade View Post
...
You should also break up the post into different paragraphs with better punctuation, and make it easier to read and follow without giving headaches to everyone who reads this
He's not ah mod.
mlfun is offline  
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Always Remembered RIP
 
cascade's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Location: Grass Valley, N. Calif. / Gardnerville, Nevada
Posts: 10,146
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlfun View Post
He's not ah mod.
The moderator removed his link, as spam. (Though unfortunately it remains in my quote, of him, above.)

Somehow I doubt that he will be back to post on this subject, as my belief is that his real, and poorly concealed, agenda, is to try sell radios and things here.

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.


"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
cascade is offline  
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 03:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
yoseyman's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2005
Vehicle: Baby
Location: 1313 Mockingbird lane
Posts: 9,689
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade View Post
This is pretty strange.

Your message is unclear, as you make it difficult whether you are seeking opinions on whether you seek opinions on whether the conviction was fair

...which means that error occurred in the trial, with regards to evidence, facts or application of the law, jury instructions, etc. - the remedy for which is a properly noticed and timely appeal...


...OR....

whether it's an error in following sentencing guidelines or the sentence is unfair, which is a different matter altogether, the proper remedy for which would be an appeal, as above, or persuading the legislature to change the sentencing laws in the criminal code.


You should also break up the post into different paragraphs with better punctuation, and make it easier to read and follow without giving headaches to everyone who reads this





...And one more thing.....what is the relevance of a commercial link about a "free radio".....why is this link posted in the body of all your posts, as a "by the way" reference?

We are cynical and cannot be blamed for thinking that that this is sly sweet Spam, and you can put one over on here, as it appears in ALL your posts, not just this one, (even though you are new here without established cred.)

What do others and moderators think about this?

Is it ??

Noobies don't just pop in here randomly with middle of the road poo. I concur with your synopsis
yoseyman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Clam claims oldest animal record Live Off-Topic 2 10-30-2007 05:11 PM
    Stromberg 175...How to adjust this animal? Haroundb W123 E,CE,D,CD,TD,TE Class 2 05-26-2007 04:10 AM
    sex can be a death sentence dklein Off-Topic 7 03-04-2007 08:58 AM
    Two words you never want to hear in the same sentence GeeS Off-Topic 33 02-25-2006 01:04 PM
    An A-political bit of animal humor Check Codes Off-Topic 1 10-26-2005 09:44 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome