Drive-by cut-n-paste of a long article: He's baaa-aa-aack! - Page 15 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #141 of 264 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 10:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Calling Ron Paul a "significant candidate" makes me wonder what you are smoking these days... Few candidates, in either party, are as insignificant as he. You and GS are living in a world apart from reality.
A quick thread hijack please.

When the Hell did Alan Keyes meander into the Weepublican Primaries?

I heard him tonight discussing dismantling the IRS and saying that until that is done it need the Miranda "you have the right to remain silent, anything you say can be held against you..." put at the top of the 1040 tax forms as he believes that all taxes are unConstitutional.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 264 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 10:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Calling Ron Paul a "significant candidate" makes me wonder what you are smoking these days... Few candidates, in either party, are as insignificant as he. You and GS are living in a world apart from reality.
I understand how he makes you break out in a cold sweat. He doesn't subscribe to any of the fuzzy logic bullshit you spout, and he is actually conservative. Jim
post #143 of 264 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 10:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
A quick thread hijack please.

When the Hell did Alan Keyes meander into the Weepublican Primaries?

I heard him tonight discussing dismantling the IRS and saying that until that is done it need the Miranda "you have the right to remain silent, anything you say can be held against you..." put at the top of the 1040 tax forms as he believes that all taxes are unConstitutional.
He's a perennial Republican primary candidate for President... And I agree w/ him on most issues, but he and Paul are about as likely to be President or Vice President as you and I.

Don't believe everything you think
post #144 of 264 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 10:44 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
I understand how he makes you break out in a cold sweat. He doesn't subscribe to any of the fuzzy logic bullshit you spout, and he is actually conservative. Jim
He definitely leaves me cold... No sweat!

Don't believe everything you think
post #145 of 264 (permalink) Old 12-14-2007, 10:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
He's a perennial Republican primary candidate for President... And I agree w/ him on most issues, but he and Paul are about as likely to be President or Vice President as you and I.
God I hope that is not true. Jim
post #146 of 264 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 11:55 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 1981 300SD
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
My suggestion was made with tongue firmly planted between sweet cheeks. In general, I rarely support bannings, except in cases of sodomy or unsolicited window washing.

Don't hold yer breath for the humility thingee to show up anytime soon--it's not in the man's genetic goo
Yeah, I knew you had tongue in cheek -- sorry, I sorta used your post as a vehicle to deny the spurious charge that I (or some pussy) had run to the mod over some boo-boo. Good grief.

I seriously doubt the man would make me wet my pants in a face to face encounter, I'm damn sure not going to run to a third party over some perceived insulting electrons on a cathode ray tube. Take all the rope you want, I say.

I originally had no intention of sullying his happy homecoming here with my tiresome filth, I merely tried to do a PM to straighten out a mis-communication and was told that there was no interest in a private discussion.

Plenty of time for cheap shots in public, however.

cmac

Malcontents, frustrated dreamers, finding the world not to their liking, imagine themselves ideally suited for the world as it ought to be. - anon.

Last edited by cmac2012; 12-15-2007 at 12:00 PM.
post #147 of 264 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 11:59 AM
BenzWorld Extremist

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 1981 300SD
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
He contradicts himself and has too weak a personal presence to ever be elected. However, he has clearly stimulated some new thinking among youngsters, as evidenced by the money that comes to him over the younger set's fundraising vehicle, the web.

I'm sorta shocked that someone under the Repo banner would make the bold, courageous assertions he does, in public, and on the bulliest pulpit a guy like him is going to get.

cmac

Malcontents, frustrated dreamers, finding the world not to their liking, imagine themselves ideally suited for the world as it ought to be. - anon.
post #148 of 264 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 12:39 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
Yeah, I knew you had tongue in cheek -- sorry, I sorta used your post as a vehicle to deny the spurious charge that I (or some pussy) had run to the mod over some boo-boo. Good grief.

I seriously doubt the man would make me wet my pants in a face to face encounter, I'm damn sure not going to run to a third party over some perceived insulting electrons on a cathode ray tube. Take all the rope you want, I say.

I originally had no intention of sullying his happy homecoming here with my tiresome filth, I merely tried to do a PM to straighten out a mis-communication and was told that there was no interest in a private discussion.

Plenty of time for cheap shots in public, however.
Gee, thanks for sharing.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #149 of 264 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 12:51 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
He contradicts himself and has too weak a personal presence to ever be elected. However, he has clearly stimulated some new thinking among youngsters, as evidenced by the money that comes to him over the younger set's fundraising vehicle, the web.

I'm sorta shocked that someone under the Repo banner would make the bold, courageous assertions he does, in public, and on the bulliest pulpit a guy like him is going to get.
When you are so low in the polls you have to do something to stand out. He did and it bumped him up into the second tier. But I can't see him moving above there as a Republican. Many of his ideas have legs but are going to require much more foundation to get any traction.

He [or whoever expounds on the same platform] needs to start NOW for 2012 and build a continuous platform, complete with like-minded congressional candidates to even begin to have sufficient traction to execute such broad brush ideas as have been proposed.

Right now, if the top three guys crashed into a snowbank in Clear Lake, Iowa, Paul would still not be able to execute his ideas as he has not shown any details to proof his concepts and plans nor has he established a power base to execute them should he make a credible run for office.

This kind of change will require a 4-8 year campaign that does not stop come February 2008 and involves hundreds of millions of dollars of operating expense for Congressional contests and a few million folks who are willing to move away from one of the two established [and fully entrenched] parties.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #150 of 264 (permalink) Old 12-15-2007, 01:32 PM
Moderately subtle

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to edfreeman
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
When you are so low in the polls you have to do something to stand out. He did and it bumped him up into the second tier. But I can't see him moving above there as a Republican. Many of his ideas have legs but are going to require much more foundation to get any traction.

He [or whoever expounds on the same platform] needs to start NOW for 2012 and build a continuous platform, complete with like-minded congressional candidates to even begin to have sufficient traction to execute such broad brush ideas as have been proposed.

Right now, if the top three guys crashed into a snowbank in Clear Lake, Iowa, Paul would still not be able to execute his ideas as he has not shown any details to proof his concepts and plans nor has he established a power base to execute them should he make a credible run for office.

This kind of change will require a 4-8 year campaign that does not stop come February 2008 and involves hundreds of millions of dollars of operating expense for Congressional contests and a few million folks who are willing to move away from one of the two established [and fully entrenched] parties.
Methinks you are asking Dr. Paul for more detail on his plans than you likely ask of those you support.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in