The Nazification of Ameria: Perpetual War - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Always Remembered RIP
 
cascade's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Location: Grass Valley, N. Calif. / Gardnerville, Nevada
Posts: 10,146
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
Well, BNZ, don't hold back, let her rip! Somewhere in there are the seeds of a coherent, but probably erroneous, political philosophy, but it's muddled up with conspiracy theory and pre-teen wishful thinking.

Let's go at your wish for "No Wars". If Santa doesn't come through on this, I suggest you write two letters

First one to Bin Laden along these lines: Dear Mr Laden. Please don't steal our airplanes and drive them in to our tall buildings. It really hurts people and makes a terrible mess. Can't we all just get along? Hope to hear from you soon. Your friend. BNZ

Next one: Dear Armedinijad: You seem like a really nice fellow, so why do you continue to enrich uranium? This makes our friends in Israel really nervous and some of the girls even cry. We haven't done anything to really hurt you, so won't you reconsider. You are also welcome to come to my college anytime to tell us your side. I am sure this is just a misunderstanding or maybe even a miscommunication. Let's work it out. Write anytime. BNZ

I hope you would join with Harley Sorenson in advancing international relations by directing your criticisms to those who deserve it--our enemies. But please be sensitive to their feelings. We wouldn't want to antagonize them.
You are to be commended for your good manners, but please...

You are most definately NOT occupying the moral high ground here. You are defending the indefensible. Get over yourself.

Your condescending, sanctimonious manner that comes is laughable when you use it to defend the pious, self righteous ultra conservative Republican hypocrite politicians all over this country and in the White House who gladly put their personal political, financial, religious and ideological agendas ahead of the good of the country, the Constitution, and are willing to put our troops in harm's way to further those selfish, welf serving and greedy agendas, and wrap themselves in the flag while so doing.

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.


"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
cascade is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Administratoris Emeritus
 
GeeS's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ
Posts: 44,915
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBenz94 View Post
What I find interesting but not at all surprising is for some of you who claim to be "bi-partisian" or middle of the road and "objective" all calmor at FTLs feet like hungry little puppies with only their master as their guide.

I, among others here who post leading articles in their own right are desimated upon by little weasels who claim to be free thinkers. Not one of you questioned the article at all and when someone else points out who the author is, he's attacked.

LOL you guys crack me up. Free thinkers my ass!
Conversely, this post seems to eminate from the 'no-thinker' zone. The last three posts you quoted (two of which are mine), are responses to the information provided by Sen. Whitehouse, which you can access by selecting the link in JimSmith's post (while I'll assume you either ignored or filed under 'denial'). I have not commented in any way on the article posted by FTL, nor have I attacked anyone in this thread. So next time you pull out your little ticket book officer, and start engaging in blanket attacks of multiple posters, please try to get your facts straight, and confine your message to those who fall under the rather ragged umbrella you've opened.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
GeeS is offline  
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 03:05 PM
Always Remembered RIP
 
cascade's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Location: Grass Valley, N. Calif. / Gardnerville, Nevada
Posts: 10,146
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Conversely, this post seems to eminate from the 'no-thinker' zone. The last three posts you quoted (two of which are mine), are responses to the information provided by Sen. Whitehouse, which you can access by selecting the link in JimSmith's post. I have not commented in any way on the article posted by FTL, nor have I attacked anyone in this thread. So next time you pull out your little ticket book officer, and start engaging in blanket attacks of multiple posters, please try to get your facts straight, and confine your message to those who fall under the rather ragged umbrella you've opened.
To which I might add, BadBenz94, (if I could), that you really should get a sense of proportion, as well as, a sense of irony and a sense of humor.

....Things which are not, admittedly, taught at the Police Academy.

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.


"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
cascade is offline  
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 03:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
BadBenz94's Avatar
 
Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2001 Jaguar XJR, 1994 E320(sold)
Location: Kankakee,IL
Posts: 1,849
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Please read my post GermanStar and drewprof.....I said some of you....and yes I did quote both of you, and your responses are welcome!! Thanks!!

And Cascade, anybodys comments are welcome regardless of how untrue they may be.

Again for all of you who like to open your ragged umbrella, I am a police officer part time, financial planner full time with a college degree in business management with minor in finance and marketing. And yes it is a BS not a BA.

And my sense of humor is working just fine!!

EDIT: Too all of you are commenting in a thread started by FTL and have posted a link in regards to an article enforcing FTL's claim. Just an FYI.

My Car WOO HOO...... Now SOLD
New car.... 2001 Jaguar XJR!!!!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by BadBenz94; 12-09-2007 at 03:14 PM.
BadBenz94 is offline  
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 03:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBenz94 View Post
Please read my post GermanStar and drewprof.....I said some of you....and yes I did quote both of you, and your responses are welcome!! Thanks!!

And Cascade, anybodys comments are welcome regardless of how untrue they may be.

Again for all of you who like to open your ragged umbrella, I am a police officer part time, financial planner full time with a college degree in business management with minor in finance and marketing. And yes it is a BS not a BA.

And my sense of humor is working just fine!!

EDIT: Too all of you are commenting in a thread started by FTL and have posted a link in regards to an article enforcing FTL's claim. Just an FYI.
So, what is it that is bothering you most, that the nation is becoming more and more like Nazi Germany, or that no one shares your disdain for FTL? I merely noted, while perusing the internet and happening upon the linked article, that the practices of our President described therein were remarkably Nazi-like, which brought to mind this thread. It fit so I added it. Had I suggest FTL was an asshole when I added it, would that have enabled you to get the point? Jim
JimSmith is offline  
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 04:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Location: USA
Posts: 9,257
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
Well, BNZ, don't hold back, let her rip! Somewhere in there are the seeds of a coherent, but probably erroneous, political philosophy, but it's muddled up with conspiracy theory and pre-teen wishful thinking.

Let's go at your wish for "No Wars". If Santa doesn't come through on this, I suggest you write two letters

First one to Bin Laden along these lines: Dear Mr Laden. Please don't steal our airplanes and drive them in to our tall buildings. It really hurts people and makes a terrible mess. Can't we all just get along? Hope to hear from you soon. Your friend. BNZ

Next one: Dear Armedinijad: You seem like a really nice fellow, so why do you continue to enrich uranium? This makes our friends in Israel really nervous and some of the girls even cry. We haven't done anything to really hurt you, so won't you reconsider. You are also welcome to come to my college anytime to tell us your side. I am sure this is just a misunderstanding or maybe even a miscommunication. Let's work it out. Write anytime. BNZ

I hope you would join with Harley Sorenson in advancing international relations by directing your criticisms to those who deserve it--our enemies. But please be sensitive to their feelings. We wouldn't want to antagonize them.
The cowboys-and-Indians-Hollywood-western-movie-script political philosophy you seem to espouse is significantly less correct and much more flawed by prepubescent hormone imbalances than anything Benz offered. You can't fix the world's problems by hustling up a posse and riding off into the sunset in hot pursuit of those Islamic cattle rustlers.

"No Wars" is not that unworthy a goal. It is a lot better than your apparent zero threshold for holding back a military invasion of random bystanders in the cattle rustling incident when the posse comes up dry after a year as I see it. In fact, "No Wars" is something we can impose as a political philosophy with relative ease. We just have to agree that until we are truly threatened, we don't use our military. If we get pissed off we use some other means to get back into a better frame of mind. Like diplomacy. And I already know the typical apologist-for-Bush's view of how ineffective diplomacy is - but that is an outlook spawned by being incompetent in the area. Just like someone with no training in the field of heart transplanting would probably not take on a heart transplant on their dying child - but that doesn't mean a heart transplant was not the best course of action if a suitably trained doctor was available. So, our diplomatic problem solving skills are the problem, not the concept of diplomacy. Why is it so apparent that we need a bigger gun to kill an elephant, but we cannot see that we need to train diplomats to solve international crises?

Criticizing our enemies does little to make America better. But that, it is clear, is not one of your priorities. Jim
JimSmith is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    George Soros calls for de-Nazification of the US FeelTheLove Off-Topic 4 02-04-2007 07:07 AM
    'President Bush's war, not America's war' firstmb Off-Topic 0 11-28-2005 11:28 PM
    Anti-Iraq War Soldiers form PAC, begin airing new ad against the War FeelTheLove Off-Topic 8 10-15-2004 12:02 PM
    Tomorrow, will it be war or not? War means new SLK sales will trickle. kls 023 R170 SLK-Class 13 03-17-2003 11:17 AM
    Perpetual headlamp replacement annoyances... Dan R170 SLK-Class 3 06-21-2002 09:43 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome