Lifetime Premium Member

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: 2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid, 1993 BMW 325i convertible
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
So? Are we not free to interpret things as we see them? Do we need oversight to tell us what is right and wrong? Where does this type of thinking lead?
It's my experience that conservatives don't like questions. Questions lead to thinking, and there's just no telling where thinking will lead you. Much better to have answers, but no questions. Answers don't need thinking, they just need acceptance.

When I die, I want to go quietly in my sleep, like Grandpa.
Not screaming, like the people in his car.

Juvenis quod fanaticus nunquam concilio usus quod proditus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 01:51 AM
BNZ
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2006
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
I am ashamed but not surprised by the adolescent responses to the Sorenson column. Instead of some rational dialogue, you all came up with equivalent of a bunch of kids farting and burping around the camp fire. Harley Sorenson is a columnist for the San Francisco Chronicle, a recognized liberal iconoclast and by his own admission, a "liberal with an attitude". So now we know where he sits. Some of the points in his column tell where he stands--way outside the bounds of truth. He's entitled to his own conclusions, but not his own facts. If folks like Sorenson would focus their vituperation upon our enemies instead of us, the wars would be shorter and the peace better.

I am surprised but not ashamed by your adolescent naivete.
Sorenson, an OBVIOUS liberal is writing with 'restraint' ..and his facts, as G.W.Bush's current FACTS on Iran maybe fast and loose but he is hinting at a deeper problem enveloped in his title ..'Perpetual War For Perpetual Peace' a book that may enlighten you.

Our enemies ..as always.. are within !
It is not Islam(boogeyman of this decade).

And why do you entertain "shorter wars"

How about 'No Wars' !!!

Wars are encouraged by, land grabbers, arms manufacturers for profit, religious fanatacism, a federal reserve bank (that is privately owned. Did you know that ?) who lends the government 'war' money at interest which is guaranteed by the taxpayer ..YOU ! and they make a PROFIT from YOU !

So stop believing the nightly drivel from CNN & FOX News & ABC etc etc(they all traffic in the same propaganda), stop farting and burping around the water cooler/campfire and realise that Republicans and Democrats have all been bought and paid for, are essentially parroting the same party line, your country is a puppet and 'You The People' have lost control of it.

Take It Back !
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 02:00 AM
BNZ
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2006
Quoted: 481 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottinSoCal View Post
It's my experience that conservatives don't like questions. Questions lead to thinking, and there's just no telling where thinking will lead you. Much better to have answers, but no questions. Answers don't need thinking, they just need acceptance.

I question your thinking ...

Last edited by BNZ; 12-09-2007 at 08:38 AM.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 08:50 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, BNZ, don't hold back, let her rip! Somewhere in there are the seeds of a coherent, but probably erroneous, political philosophy, but it's muddled up with conspiracy theory and pre-teen wishful thinking.

Let's go at your wish for "No Wars". If Santa doesn't come through on this, I suggest you write two letters

First one to Bin Laden along these lines: Dear Mr Laden. Please don't steal our airplanes and drive them in to our tall buildings. It really hurts people and makes a terrible mess. Can't we all just get along? Hope to hear from you soon. Your friend. BNZ

Next one: Dear Armedinijad: You seem like a really nice fellow, so why do you continue to enrich uranium? This makes our friends in Israel really nervous and some of the girls even cry. We haven't done anything to really hurt you, so won't you reconsider. You are also welcome to come to my college anytime to tell us your side. I am sure this is just a misunderstanding or maybe even a miscommunication. Let's work it out. Write anytime. BNZ

I hope you would join with Harley Sorenson in advancing international relations by directing your criticisms to those who deserve it--our enemies. But please be sensitive to their feelings. We wouldn't want to antagonize them.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 09:04 AM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
Well, BNZ, don't hold back, let her rip! Somewhere in there are the seeds of a coherent, but probably erroneous, political philosophy, but it's muddled up with conspiracy theory and pre-teen wishful thinking.

Let's go at your wish for "No Wars". If Santa doesn't come through on this, I suggest you write two letters

First one to Bin Laden along these lines: Dear Mr Laden. Please don't steal our airplanes and drive them in to our tall buildings. It really hurts people and makes a terrible mess. Can't we all just get along? Hope to hear from you soon. Your friend. BNZ

Next one: Dear Armedinijad: You seem like a really nice fellow, so why do you continue to enrich uranium? This makes our friends in Israel really nervous and some of the girls even cry. We haven't done anything to really hurt you, so won't you reconsider. You are also welcome to come to my college anytime to tell us your side. I am sure this is just a misunderstanding or maybe even a miscommunication. Let's work it out. Write anytime. BNZ

I hope you would join with Harley Sorenson in advancing international relations by directing your criticisms to those who deserve it--our enemies. But please be sensitive to their feelings. We wouldn't want to antagonize them.
Tell me, did we invade Iraq because its WMD made Israel nervous? Do you remember who was promoting that war for us and supplying us with intelligence?
Oh, by the way, Israel is deeply disappointed in us because we seem to be on our way to lighten up on Iran, don't you think that that's the case? We can't justify attacking Iran anymore but we are working other fear channels by telling the Gulf countries that Iran is their threat and all we need is an invitation from them to attack. You know, a new line, don't you agree?
I asked you those questions because you seem to know a lot about Iran's intentions or am I wrong?
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 11:13 AM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
^^
Here we go, this should help you understand that some people are seething at the NIE. I mean look at our favorite foreign interest stooge's comments:
U.S. intel report on Iran was political: Bolton
U.S. intel report on Iran was political: Bolton - Yahoo! News
He's got to push "his view" not to disappoint his handlers and benefactors (which are not the people of the USA by the way).
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 11:29 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2001 Jaguar XJR, 1994 E320(sold)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Oh come on, why spoil the party for the guys that love wearing brown shirts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade
Might makes right!!

Better red than dead!!

Better to die on your feet than to live on your knees!!

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step!!

Look before you leap!!

If you can find a better made small car than Toyota, buy it!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith
Here is an article about how under his thumb Bush kept his flunky AG - apparently Bush made it clear he is the ultimate judge of whether what he does is or is not Constitutional:
Think Progress » Sen. Whitehouse Reveals Secret DoJ Legal Memos: Bush Determines What Is Constitutional

Yes, we are quite a ways down the path of Nazification. Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
^ All I can say is Wow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof
All I can say is I am not surprised!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar
Sieg heil Bushmerica!

What I find interesting but not at all surprising is for some of you who claim to be "bi-partisian" or middle of the road and "objective" all calmor at FTLs feet like hungry little puppies with only their master as their guide.

I, among others here who post leading articles in their own right are desimated upon by little weasels who claim to be free thinkers. Not one of you questioned the article at all and when someone else points out who the author is, he's attacked.

LOL you guys crack me up. Free thinkers my ass!

My Car WOO HOO...... Now SOLD
New car.... 2001 Jaguar XJR!!!!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 11:29 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNZ View Post

How about 'No Wars' !!!

Wars are encouraged by, land grabbers, arms manufacturers for profit, religious fanatacism, a federal reserve bank (that is privately owned. Did you know that ?) who lends the government 'war' money at interest which is guaranteed by the taxpayer ..YOU ! and they make a PROFIT from YOU !

So stop believing the nightly drivel from CNN & FOX News & ABC etc etc(they all traffic in the same propaganda), stop farting and burping around the water cooler/campfire and realise that Republicans and Democrats have all been bought and paid for, are essentially parroting the same party line, your country is a puppet and 'You The People' have lost control of it.

Take It Back !
By gosh, I do believe you've surrounded the reality of the situation extremely well. Well put sir.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 02:47 PM
DP

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBenz94 View Post
What I find interesting but not at all surprising is for some of you who claim to be "bi-partisian" or middle of the road and "objective" all calmor at FTLs feet like hungry little puppies with only their master as their guide.

I, among others here who post leading articles in their own right are desimated upon by little weasels who claim to be free thinkers. Not one of you questioned the article at all and when someone else points out who the author is, he's attacked.

LOL you guys crack me up. Free thinkers my ass!
I never claimed to be bipartisan. As matter of fact technically I am a Republican card carrying dude but always somehow end up voting Green, go figure
Oh, I am not middle of the road either. Clearly I am against any war that is not justified, so I am sorry that my opinion does not complete your enjoyment of watching CNN where people are being blown up with the latest gadgets we spent to defend our country.
I am not a free thinker either since I am a product of my environment which is full of people that would make you feel itchy, you know, hippies
Oh, show me one instance where I clamored to FTL's feet. Come on big guy, I need some homo erotic awakening with feet fetishes on the side, show me da bizness.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNZ View Post
I am surprised but not ashamed by your adolescent naivete.
Sorenson, an OBVIOUS liberal is writing with 'restraint' ..and his facts, as G.W.Bush's current FACTS on Iran maybe fast and loose but he is hinting at a deeper problem enveloped in his title ..'Perpetual War For Perpetual Peace' a book that may enlighten you.

How about 'No Wars' !!!

Take It Back !
Overall your POV is very well stated and articulate.

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<

Last edited by cascade; 12-09-2007 at 02:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in