Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Bear Sighting on ThinkProgress

(snort!)

Think Progress » White House Reveals Bush Lied: Was Told In August Iran’s Nuclear Program ‘May Be Suspended’
My God. Will we get the truth on Bush’s latest round of lies?

Pat Buchanan said this morning on MSNBC that Biden should call Rice and Mike McConnell before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee to ask them POINT BLANK — did they tell Bush about the NIE Report? No more bullshit Condi — give us a yes or no answer.

Buchanan said if Rice or McConnell didn’t tell Bush about the NIE Report, they should be fired on the spot. If they did tell Bush and he continued with his warmongering threats against Iran, well . . . Buchanan didn’t say, but we can fill in the blanks. It’s impeachment time.

By the way, it’s past time to demand the truth from Air-Head Perino. She tosses her hair, gives a slight smirk, and lies through he teeth to protect her buddy Bush. Enough already.

Comment by Ditch Mitch KY — December 5, 2007 @ 10:21 pm

Seriously though, this guy is right - the completely flaccid and impotent Democrat congress has all the power it needs to call the administration to the carpet, yet doesn't. So much for the advantage going to the person on the high ground.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 10:03 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
This lack of character and leadership by the Democrats makes my blood boil. They are truly unable to exercise the power they actually have for reasons that just escape me. What the hell is going on?

Jim
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 10:09 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
This lack of character and leadership by the Democrats makes my blood boil. They are truly unable to exercise the power they actually have for reasons that just escape me. What the hell is going on?

Jim
They are afraid to act just in case Bush is right, they too have doubts about the sincerity of Iran not too develop a nuclear bomb. They aslo know and see in the current mud slinging between the DEMS and REPS respectively how decisions and votes cast now will come back to haunt them years down the road in an important and close election.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 10:28 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:

Jim
In a nutshell, most of these guys are more interested in their future than the future of their country. Hillary is a prime example of a politician who employs extensive canvassing techniques and popularity polls before taking a "position". Absolutely disgusting...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:

Jim
Because, in politics, for every action, there is an opposite reaction. No person pursuing such matters will go unchallenged and their own political lives will be picked apart for any similar improprieties. In simple: They have their own skeletons they're trying to hide and they know they will come out if they push these issues. Those in leadership positions who refuse to take warranted action should be looked upon with suspicion, as well.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2007, 11:45 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Dat not me. But I bet I could guess who it might be.

Ditch Mitch KY | Ditch Mitch McConnell

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 08:41 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
More evidence of gutlessness. Run on an anti-war platform and then win, but once in control of the money, do nothing to effectively influence the duration of our illegal occupation of Iraq: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/08/wa...hp&oref=slogin

Pathetic pandering puddles of puke. Jim
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 09:14 AM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Here is another reason this Congress is fked up:
from the same author (yes Pat Buchanan)
Nancy Pelosi: Aipac girl

"
Pelosi & Co. thus aborted a bipartisan effort to ensure that if we do go to war again, we do it the constitutional way, and we do it together.
Nothing in the provision would have prevented Bush, as commander in chief, from responding to an Iranian attack or engaging in hot pursuit of an enemy found in Iraq. Nor would the provision have prevented Bush from threatening Iran. It would simply have required him to come to Congress – before launching all-out war.
Now Pelosi has, in effect, ceded Bush carte blanche to take out Iran’s nuclear facilities. It’s all up to him and Cheney.
For this the nation elected a Democratic Congress?
Why did Pelosi capitulate? Answer: She was “under pressure from some conservative members of her caucus, and from lobbyists associated with neoconservative groups that want war with Iran and the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC),” writes Nichols."

Last edited by DP; 12-08-2007 at 09:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in