LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 498 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
^ That's fucked up, man...I'm a believer in guitars appreciating in value after enough time has passed. How cool would that thing have been to have around nowadays.

This is probably the best guitarist I've ever known personally. May drop in and surprise him over the holidays. If Chilly is still lurking, she may be able to vouch for whether or not ol' boy can play.

Welcome to Well Hungarians.net

Todd's the one on the right.

Todd Jones

^ He got me Al DiMeola's autograph when we saw him at Mississippi Nights on Laclede's Landing. He was kind of the opposite of Sammy Hagar; once you watch Al play, you don't even want to bother trying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 08:20 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Love Dimeola!!!!

YouTube - Al Di Meola - Egyptian Danza/Race With Devil on Spanish Higw

haha.........at :33 he blows a clam.

My hero:

YouTube - Yngwie Malmsteen - Blue

He's a bloated pompous ass and a jackoff but his talent allows it.

Oh!! And Joe!:

YouTube - Joe Satriani - Surfing with the Alien

post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 09:06 PM

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 107, 115, 116, 123, 124, 126
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Got my first Strat in 1966. God I wish I still had it, it would be worth tens of thousands now.

Bottom line, as you play the damn things detune anyway. My Les Paul is one of the worst, has a real "grabby" nut and old Kluson tuners that aren't that great. You gotta have an ear, if you don't a self tuner isn't going to save you.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 09:25 PM
Surely A Large Human

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillKill View Post
Love Dimeola!!!!

YouTube - Al Di Meola - Egyptian Danza/Race With Devil on Spanish Higw

haha.........at :33 he blows a clam.

My hero:

YouTube - Yngwie Malmsteen - Blue

He's a bloated pompous ass and a jackoff but his talent allows it.

Oh!! And Joe!:

YouTube - Joe Satriani - Surfing with the Alien
Ing-vay! Hahaha..

I knew Todd (above) was for real when he & his band covered Kansas' "He Knew". I knew he was for real-real when they covered Satriani's "Summer Song", very shortly after it hit the radio, and didn't miss a lick.

You savvy our boy Raul Midon yet? You may have seen him on YouTube...look for "State of Mind". Not the flair of the rockers, but still...oofda.

Also, you know a band is pretty good when they're compelling to watch even when the lead singer is the least talented person on-stage.

dream theater live budokan youtube - Google Search
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Surely A Large Human

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerkebi View Post
Got my first Strat in 1966. God I wish I still had it, it would be worth tens of thousands now.

Bottom line, as you play the damn things detune anyway. My Les Paul is one of the worst, has a real "grabby" nut and old Kluson tuners that aren't that great. You gotta have an ear, if you don't a self tuner isn't going to save you.
You know, DiMeola plays a black Les Paul (and has for years). Flogs it. Watching him play that guitar makes you want to buy one....or, never touch another guitar ever since you're obviously not worthy.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 09:44 PM

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 107, 115, 116, 123, 124, 126
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
You know, DiMeola plays a black Les Paul (and has for years). Flogs it. Watching him play that guitar makes you want to buy one....or, never touch another guitar ever since you're obviously not worthy.
Same way with Phil Keaggy...most guitarists inspire me to play, he inspires me to burn the damn things and give up.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 09:54 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
Ing-vay! Hahaha..

I knew Todd (above) was for real when he & his band covered Kansas' "He Knew". I knew he was for real-real when they covered Satriani's "Summer Song", very shortly after it hit the radio, and didn't miss a lick.

You savvy our boy Raul Midon yet? You may have seen him on YouTube...look for "State of Mind". Not the flair of the rockers, but still...oofda.

Also, you know a band is pretty good when they're compelling to watch even when the lead singer is the least talented person on-stage.

dream theater live budokan youtube - Google Search
I shall never click on anything Dream Theater related, I've been driving from Toole Utah and I am now in Fresno. There is a substantial amount of sweat in my ass crack and they can lick it.

post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 960 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
A buddy has a National steel guitar with a wooden neck that is impossible to keep in tune.
One of the best gigs I ever saw life were the following three guys, and an amazing bongo drummer YouTube - Paco De Lucia, John Mclaughlin y Al Di Meola - Mediterranean
I had the pleasure to see the master of the classic Guitar, Andres Segovia performing twice, he took one only one pupil ever who also lived in his home in Spain, Al Di Meola.
I am going to catch some heat for this, but to my ear the brilliant and technically flawless Al Di Meola always lacked a bit of passion.

How about Stanley Clarke's 'School Days?'
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 02:08 AM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2007
Vehicle: 1989 W124 260E, 1996 W202 C180
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-04-2007, 05:18 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
The press release I read from Gibson yesterday said that the device will tune your guitar to any one of 5 preset tunings (standard, plus common alternate tunings) in about two seconds. It can also "learn" custom tunings for an individual player by listening when the player says the guitar is in-tune. What an amazing device this is.

My Les Paul doesn't keep tune very well, especially on the *ahem* G string, but I'm sure it had a hard life before I bought it at a pawn shop. I can't play this thing worth a shit, though, if I'm being dead honest. I bought it because Slash played one but I find the fretboard too narrow for my sloppy, ham-fisted playing. I should've bought me a Yamaha to get better and *then* bought the LP, but nobody cool was playing Yamahas when I was 20 years old, so there you go.

If I was still playing regularly (and didn't have a kid) I'd spend the $1000 on this thing if it worked as advertised.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in