News of Gillian Gibbons charges of insulting Islam, a more sinister turn of events... - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 07:40 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punjabi View Post
heh, heh......He is my Brother in Religion! In Humanity!
Sorry, as the article points out, it seems that you can only have one Mohammad. I bow to The Greatest.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 07:44 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
heh, heh....Von, it all boils down to faith, morality, respect and ethics which keeps the world generally in a sane order! heh, heh.......my view is that true understanding and practice of Religion enables a GOOD, peaceful, respectful and dignified way of Life! One has is ensure that the process is not unduly corrupted! heh, heh......really not for the weak in faith!
Peace, respect, ethics and dignity come from within. Western religion corrupts those values. The mere idea that some should be free to impose their faith upon others is a base corruption of those values. It spirals wildly downhill from there.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #23 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 07:49 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: Bandwidth
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Sorry, as the article points out, it seems that you can only have one Mohammad. I bow to The Greatest.

heh, heh......and so you should! heh, heh......that image is the best I have seen to date in OT! The gritty determination and that look of dignified success on Mohammed Ali's face! Brilliant! heh, heh.........
post #24 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 07:58 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Peace, respect, ethics and dignity come from within. Western religion corrupts those values. The mere idea that some should be free to impose their faith upon others is a base corruption of those values. It spirals wildly downhill from there.
heh, heh......Which Religion would that be, GS? heh, heh.......religion is simply universal and has no bounds of race, creed or LOCATION! Perhaps you mean Capitalism? heh, heh.......
post #25 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 08:01 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
heh, heh......Which Religion would that be, GS? heh, heh.......religion is simply universal and has no bounds of race, creed or LOCATION! Perhaps you mean Capitalism? heh, heh.......

Exactly, we all (at least those that do) pray to the same God, we just do it in different ways.........
post #26 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 08:03 AM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
heh, heh....Von, it all boils down to faith, morality, respect and ethics which keeps the world generally in a sane order! heh, heh.......my view is that true understanding and practice of Religion enables a GOOD, peaceful, respectful and dignified way of Life!/B] One has is ensure that the process is not unduly corrupted! heh, heh......really not for the weak in faith!
"Calls in Sudan for execution of Briton"
My Way News - Calls in Sudan for Execution of Briton

The people of your "faith" are in the streets, with knives and weapons, howling and baying for blood and death. (yet again!!!)

....because the teacher allowed Muslim children to vote on the name for a toy!!!

That is not "GOOD, peaceful, respectful and dignified", by any measure.

Or maybe it IS to you.

Others would probably call it a manifestation of a sick, twisted perverted manifestation of a "Religion".

The violence over the Danish cartoons, the nun who was killed because the Pope mentioned the religion was violent.

Examples are legion.

Go peddle your "GOOD, peaceful, respectful and dignified" view of Islam someplace else, you aren't fooling anyone here.

Buh bye

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #27 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 08:05 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Religion is universal? That's just silly. What religion is my dog? My dog doesn't believe that other dogs are bound to ignorance and damnation by virtue of some silly, meaningless abstract concept trapped within the confines of his little dog-brain. (At least, that's what he tells me.)

Western religion as opposed to Eastern Religion. If you don't grasp the terms, look them up. Christianity, Judaism and Mohammadism represent a single faith, divided by minutia.

post #28 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 08:12 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Religion is universal? That's just silly. What religion is my dog? My dog doesn't believe that other dogs are bound to ignorance and damnation by virtue of some silly, meaningless abstract concept trapped within the confines of his little dog-brain. (At least, that's what he tells me.)

Western religion as opposed to Eastern Religion. If you don't grasp the terms, look them up. Christianity, Judaism and Mohammadism represent a single faith, divided by minutia.

heh, heh.....Religion is meant for mankind! heh, heh......perhaps you need to clarify this point further with your Dog? heh, heh.......
post #29 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 08:17 AM
BenzWorld Elite

heh, heh.......Further clarification of Western/Eastern Religions.

Understanding Others.

We study different religious faiths in order to understand other people. Many people have strong religious convictions, and it would be impossible to understand them without first understanding their beliefs.
Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are monotheistic faiths practiced by about half of the world’s population. Monotheism refers to the belief in one God. The faiths are often called western religions to distinguish them from the eastern religions practiced primarily in Asia. Believers in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam are found on every populated continent, but tend to be concentrated in North and South America, Europe, Australia, Western Asia and North Africa. Christianity and Islam are growing influences in sub-Saharan Africa, often replacing indigenous faiths.
While western religions are centered on the belief in one God, many believers of eastern religions seek to find enlightenment by looking within themselves. Hinduism and Buddhism are popular faiths in India, Southeast Asia, and Japan. Shinto is the traditional religion of many Japanese people, but the practice of Shintoism has declined since Japan’s defeat in World War II. Since becoming a communist nation in 1949, China has discouraged religion. Many people in China practice the teachings of Confucius. Confucius was not a religious leader, but he was a wise man who was concerned with how people treated one another. Taoism is another philosophy centered in China. Indigenous religions are practiced throughout the world, particularly in sub-Saharan Africa. Indigenous faiths are often animistic. Animism is the belief that natural objects, natural phenomena, and the universe itself possess souls or consciousness. This is similar to the traditional beliefs of the Native Americans in North and South America. People are often mistreated for their beliefs. In the last century as many as six million Jews were murdered in the Holocaust. Religious conflicts persist in Ireland, the Middle East and in many other parts of the world. The attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon on September 11, 2001 are likely the result of religious conflicts. By understanding one another, we can hope to develop tolerance and respect for all people.

post #30 of 86 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 08:18 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Quote:
heh, heh.....Religion is meant for mankind! heh, heh......perhaps you need to clarify this point further with your Dog? heh, heh.......
So then it's not universal? 'Cause either my dog is in this universe, or I'm not. And, we're an awful lot alike.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in