Iraq says the worst is over in Baghdad - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 06:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
This is good. Now can we start billing them for Services Rendered? I think a monthly bill of about $25B would be a start.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
This is good. Now can we start billing them for Services Rendered? I think a monthly bill of about $25B would be a start.
Given the actual costs, I think you are a bit over the top--as usual!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	War cost data.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	150375  

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 10:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Given the actual costs, I think you are a bit over the top--as usual!
Um, that chart is based on SUPPLEMENTAL REQUEST, not the complete Iraq budget or the Pentagon budget that also is incorporated into Iraq [like blackwater]. But just looking at the $189B in the 2008 projection, my $25B is only over by $111B which would start coving some of the back costs.

But again, that chart only covers the Iraq only designated requests so the $189B for 2008 is just a bit low.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.

Last edited by mcbear; 11-21-2007 at 10:56 PM.
mcbear is offline  
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Um, that chart is based on SUPPLEMENTAL REQUEST, not the complete Iraq budget or the Pentagon budget that also is incorporated into Iraq [like blackwater]. But just looking at the $189B in the 2008 projection, my $25B is only over by $111B which would start coving some of the back costs.

But again, that chart only covers the Iraq only designated requests so the $189B for 2008 is just a bit low.
You apparently do not have a good understanding of the budget and/or appropriation's process. War appropriations are always sought as a supplement to the budget. I guess the thinking is that wars are off-budget, and therefore considered separate from the regular budget. The figures in the above chart are accurate for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan since 9/11. As the chart indicates, President Bush seeks nearly $190B for military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, on top of about $565B already provided by Congress for the war on terrorism since 2001. I believe these numbers are in addition to the regular Defense Department appropriation for '08 of $459B.

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 05:14 PM
~BANNED~
 
Jakarta Expat's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 17,697
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
NYT: People moving with freedom around much of Baghdad; Commerce returning, even liquor stores are reopening... Developing...

Oh yeah this will go over well with Iran, those sellers should not invest to much in a long term business plan, they will not be open long, just long enough to sell to the last American as he goes home and then Adios Amigo
Jakarta Expat is offline  
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 06:49 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
We are also making great progress on the other front (the one that should count)
Resurgent Taliban closing in on Kabul: report - Yahoo! News
Six years after 9/11 and the Taliban has been wiped out, right? Come on Jaypluck please defend this.

DP is offline  
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 10:25 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
We are also making great progress on the other front (the one that should count)
Resurgent Taliban closing in on Kabul: report - Yahoo! News
Six years after 9/11 and the Taliban has been wiped out, right? Come on Jaypluck please defend this.
Why should I "defend" anything? Talk to NATO!

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 10:34 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Why should I "defend" anything? Talk to NATO!

Yep I figured you can't zero in on the blame. Your incompetent boyz at the WH can do no wrong, right? Let me see, clearly 9/11 was plotted, planned and executed by Al Qaeda with the blessings of the Taliban but where were most of our resources allocated to fkin send them to hell? Bumfkin Iraq, because Saddam was a "bad guy" and don't get me started on who else got us in this adventure, and for what? Body bags? More hatred towards us? a supply chain of terrorists? war profiteering? Go eat some yellow cake jayfunk and call me in the morning.

DP is offline  
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
Yep I figured you can't zero in on the blame. Your incompetent boyz at the WH can do no wrong, right? Let me see, clearly 9/11 was plotted, planned and executed by Al Qaeda with the blessings of the Taliban but where were most of our resources allocated to fkin send them to hell? Bumfkin Iraq, because Saddam was a "bad guy" and don't get me started on who else got us in this adventure, and for what? Body bags? More hatred towards us? a supply chain of terrorists? war profiteering? Go eat some yellow cake jayfunk and call me in the morning.
Is your g-string riding up on you or something?

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-22-2007, 10:49 PM
DP
Moderator
 
DP's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Location: Chesapeak Bay
Posts: 64,125
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Is your g-string riding up on you or something?
If you are interested in my G-string I will ship it to you unwashed, funk an all, but if you are interested in fukin standing up like a man then maybe we can have a civilized conversation.

DP is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Turkish Government Armored Diesel Geländewagen in Baghdad, Iraq James_Van_Thach G-Class 8 11-18-2007 03:03 PM
    Armored Mercedes Benz Geländewagen G-class in Baghdad, Iraq. James_Van_Thach G-Class 2 07-22-2007 08:58 PM
    Danish Army Mercedes Benz G-class in Baghdad, Iraq James_Van_Thach G-Class 2 05-21-2007 01:02 PM
    Iraq to invade Baghdad DriveByPoster Off-Topic 76 07-25-2006 07:37 AM
    Our 2nd Armored Gwagen Level II in Baghdad, Iraq James_Van_Thach G-Class 1 07-05-2006 11:43 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome