Someone tell Bush what Support the Troops means. - Page 6 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 07:17 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by edfreeman View Post
So, to sum it up, the jobs of reservists who return from active duty should be held sacred, no matter what, by their employers. Laws supporting this should be enforced. The state of veteran/soldier care may not have been caused by GW, but he is responsible for a swift fix. Laying blame is political BS, delaying a fix to sort that out would be an atrocity. Did I get that right?
Get with the program....if they made a law to really protect those jobs then how could the administration show how they are creating all the new jobs in this booming eonomy.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 07:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
So, to sum it up, the jobs of reservists who return from active duty should be held sacred, no matter what, by their employers. Laws supporting this should be enforced. The state of veteran/soldier care may not have been caused by GW, but he is responsible for a swift fix. Laying blame is political BS, delaying a fix to sort that out would be an atrocity. Did I get that right?
Sort of. Dodging responsibility and failing to plan and prepare, then portraying all the things that are direct consequences of your decisions as the Decider as unforeseeable is misleading and deceptive. If there were none of that involved, there would be less of a desire to pin these inexcusable events on Bush and hold these failures up to his supporters. Blame is cheap word. It seems to address an emotional desire to force accountability where it being shirked, but it doesn't solve anything. The real objective is to make those charged with responsibility be responsible. Including those who continue to mouth that they "support the troops" while actually supporting the continuing pattern of the present administration shirking exactly that responsibility at every turn. Wrong equipment for an invasion that was pretty much started by the Bush administration on the the day the Decider decided was the right day. Obviously wasn't thinking of supporting the troops at that time. Then forcing low troop levels, to the point of being ineffective and causing unnecessary deaths and injuries to our troops - hard to really believe that was motivated by a desire to support the troops. And now it follows the troops home, and their rehabilitation into American society.

Refusing to recognize such patterns is not a strength. Jim
post #53 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 04:54 AM
Moderately subtle

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to edfreeman
OK, that wasn't way different from the summary I gave. Whether "this is your fault" or "this is not my fault" came first, the response of the opposite is inevitable, and delays action. I would hope both sides would lay down their arms and replace their rhetoric with "this is wrong, let's fix it" when it comes to those who have served.

post #54 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 05:06 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
^^^^Good Lord Ed, I have not lived in the States for over 25 years and even I know that is not going to happen, do you live in a cave thinking it could happen......
post #55 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 09:22 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
^^^^Good Lord Ed, I have not lived in the States for over 25 years and even I know that is not going to happen, do you live in a cave thinking it could happen......
Get real JE, you wouldn't know if something did or did not happen if you couldn't find an article linked at one of your peculiar news sites. Especially if it "happens" in the United States. Jim
post #56 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 05:48 PM
Moderately subtle

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to edfreeman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
Nah, I'm not delusional about it ever happening, just dreaming out loud, I guess. I also dream of guage/live and DR sitting down to a beer and settling their differences.

post #57 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 06:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Nah, I'm not delusional about it ever happening, just dreaming out loud, I guess. I also dream of guage/live and DR sitting down to a beer and settling their differences.
I am all for indulging in dreaming about stuff, but frankly, ed, that last one would be a waste of potentially good and useful dreaming time.
Jim
post #58 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 09:00 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Point 1 YEP, It is the LAW. When my best software engineer got called up in 2004 I had to hire a TEMP for the contract so the job would be available when the Lt. came back. She came back, I kept the temp for 1 month for ramp up and then cut the temp loose. By the book.

Point 2 A "Swift Fix" would have been nice but even a 36 month fix would be acceptable. He, SecDef, SecArmy and the entire chain of command knew the problem EIGHT WEEKS after Shock and AWE. The problem STARTED getting fixed when two Democrat Senators held a press conference in front of the MOLD THIS YEAR.

Yes he is responsible. His troops, his watch. If he wants to stand in front of a Mission Accomplished banner taking credit for perceived military success he has to stand up and take blame for military failure. It's the CiC's JOB.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #59 of 59 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
OK, that wasn't way different from the summary I gave. Whether "this is your fault" or "this is not my fault" came first, the response of the opposite is inevitable, and delays action. I would hope both sides would lay down their arms and replace their rhetoric with "this is wrong, let's fix it" when it comes to those who have served.
All CiC [The President] would have had to do is sign ONE ORDER in 2003 giving a 90 days Operational Stand Down for the base. This is the military equivalent of Time Out with the added bonus of every Officer's career in the Chain of Command being 100% on the line. There would have been bus loads of Privates mustered to the site to insure that the next inspection was 100%. The old "If it moves - salute it, if it doesn't move - paint it!" would have been exercised to the maximum.

Why was that not done? Not a priority. Inability to look beyond the piss poor planning of Shock and Awe. But the budget was not there. Nor was the support from SecDef. Which is one reason he was loathed.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in