Weather Channel Founder: Global Warming ‘Greatest Scam in History’ - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 08:15 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Weather Channel Founder: Global Warming ‘Greatest Scam in History’

Weather Channel Founder: Global Warming ‘Greatest Scam in History’

If the founder of The Weather Channel spoke out strongly against the manmade global warming myth, might media members notice?

We're going to find out the answer to that question soon, for John Coleman wrote an article published at ICECAP Wednesday that should certainly garner attention from press members -- assuming journalism hasn't been completely replaced by propagandist activism, that is.

Coleman marvelously began:

It is the greatest scam in history. I am amazed, appalled and highly offended by it. Global Warming; It is a SCAM. Some dastardly scientists with environmental and political motives manipulated long term scientific data to create in [sic] allusion of rapid global warming. Other scientists of the same environmental whacko type jumped into the circle to support and broaden the "research" to further enhance the totally slanted, bogus global warming claims. Their friends in government steered huge research grants their way to keep the movement going. Soon they claimed to be a consensus.

Environmental extremists, notable politicians among them, then teamed up with movie, media and other liberal, environmentalist journalists to create this wild "scientific" scenario of the civilization threatening environmental consequences from Global Warming unless we adhere to their radical agenda. Now their ridiculous manipulated science has been accepted as fact and become a cornerstone issue for CNN, CBS, NBC, the Democratic Political Party, the Governor of California, school teachers and, in many cases, well informed but very gullible environmental conscientious citizens. Only one reporter at ABC has been allowed to counter the Global Warming frenzy with one 15 minutes documentary segment.

[...]

I have read dozens of scientific papers. I have talked with numerous scientists. I have studied. I have thought about it. I know I am correct. There is no run away climate change. The impact of humans on climate is not catastrophic. Our planet is not in peril. I am incensed by the incredible media glamour, the politically correct silliness and rude dismissal of counter arguments by the high priest of Global Warming.

In time, a decade or two, the outrageous scam will be obvious.

Weather Channel Founder: Global Warming ‘Greatest Scam in History’ | NewsBusters.org
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 09:22 AM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
And now the Weather Channel is one of the biggest proponents of Global Warming. I bet that pisses him off.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 09:48 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 1984 300GD "G" Wagen, and 1998 Steyr Puch 290GD "G" Van & a 1988 MB Trac 1000
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Difflock
I would contend that we are definately in a period of climate change, I have noticed milder warmer winters over the past 40 years.
HOWEVER
Is it down to mans activity? we might have contributed a wee smidgen -- whether this has made any difference ?
I vaguely remember from "O" Level geography that we have had Ice ages and inter Ice ages routinely, when man was running about in furs with a club ( if he were lucky)
So what caused them, and if we were entering an ice age again would it still be made out to be ALL OUR FAULT
PS
I am actually a bit of a tree hugger / environmentally concerned
I just hate lies, spin and propaganda being rammed down my throat
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 12:19 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
He knows of what he speaks! Finally, some honesty and good scientific sense!!

Don't believe everything you think
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 01:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Actually John Coleman is a local weatherman at Independent KUSI in San Diego. He ran a talk show in the SD area for some years before getting fired in 1997. According to the several google articles he was a bit of a tinfoil hat guy.

He did start Weather Channel as a local Cable outlet while in Chicago in 1982.

He is not, however a scientist. Nothing on his resume even suggests he is a certified meteorologist. Back in the old days you only had to read the weather off the AP or UPI wire service.

"Being a TV weatherman in San Diego is an outrageous scam," says KUSI NEWS' 6, 10 and 11 PM weathercaster. Then he laughs. He knows there is plenty of truth in his joke, but he also knows its a long way from the whole story.

"Actually there is plenty of weather to forecast in San Diego from the morning marine cloud and fog banks to frosty nights and heat waves. There are Pacific winter storms, El Ninos and La Ninas, Santa Anas, SOSA's (Sort Of Santa Anas), WOFs (Walls of Fog) that come ashore following Santa Anas, June Gloom and there are mountain snow storms and summer heat waves. There are droughts and floods. We have plenty of weather. But we also have long spells of wonderful sunny, mild weather. San Diego is famous for our good weather. It's what makes this America's Finest City." That is the meteorological monologue that follows John Coleman's scam joke.

John Coleman has been a TV weatherman since he was a freshman in college in 1953 and TV was brand new. He still loves predicting the weather and relating to the television viewers. "I also love working at KUSI NEWS", he adds. "It is a rare thing; a locally owned and managed TV station. And, there are dozens of wonderful people who work here."

John has predicted and shoveled his share of snow. He has been a TV weatherman in Champaign, Peoria and Chicago, Illinois; Omaha, Nebraska, Milwaukee, Wisconsin and New York City. For seven years he was the weatherman on "Good Morning, America" on the ABC Network.

John also cooked up the idea of a cable channel devoted to nothing but weather and spent six years developing "The Weather Channel" on cable. "That's my baby", he says. "The bad guys took it away from me, but they can't steal the fact that it was my idea and I started it and ran it for the first year. I put everything I had into making TWC the success it is."

"As for my "retirement job" at KUSI, it's the most fun I ever had. And the people of San Diego County have been wonderful to me for well over a decade. That's very, very nice. And, that's all I have to say." With that Coleman gets down to work predicting the weather one more time.

John Coleman | KUSI - News, Weather and Sports - San Diego, CA | Weather

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 04:08 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Actually John Coleman is a local weatherman at Independent KUSI in San Diego. He ran a talk show in the SD area for some years before getting fired in 1997. According to the several google articles he was a bit of a tinfoil hat guy.

He did start Weather Channel as a local Cable outlet while in Chicago in 1982.

He is not, however a scientist. Nothing on his resume even suggests he is a certified meteorologist. Back in the old days you only had to read the weather off the AP or UPI wire service.

"Being a TV weatherman in San Diego is an outrageous scam," says KUSI NEWS' 6, 10 and 11 PM weathercaster. Then he laughs. He knows there is plenty of truth in his joke, but he also knows its a long way from the whole story.

"Actually there is plenty of weather to forecast in San Diego from the morning marine cloud and fog banks to frosty nights and heat waves. There are Pacific winter storms, El Ninos and La Ninas, Santa Anas, SOSA's (Sort Of Santa Anas), WOFs (Walls of Fog) that come ashore following Santa Anas, June Gloom and there are mountain snow storms and summer heat waves. There are droughts and floods. We have plenty of weather. But we also have long spells of wonderful sunny, mild weather. San Diego is famous for our good weather. It's what makes this America's Finest City." That is the meteorological monologue that follows John Coleman's scam joke.

John Coleman has been a TV weatherman since he was a freshman in college in 1953 and TV was brand new. He still loves predicting the weather and relating to the television viewers. "I also love working at KUSI NEWS", he adds. "It is a rare thing; a locally owned and managed TV station. And, there are dozens of wonderful people who work here."

John has predicted and shoveled his share of snow. He has been a TV weatherman in Champaign, Peoria and Chicago, Illinois; Omaha, Nebraska, Milwaukee, Wisconsin and New York City. For seven years he was the weatherman on "Good Morning, America" on the ABC Network.

John also cooked up the idea of a cable channel devoted to nothing but weather and spent six years developing "The Weather Channel" on cable. "That's my baby", he says. "The bad guys took it away from me, but they can't steal the fact that it was my idea and I started it and ran it for the first year. I put everything I had into making TWC the success it is."

"As for my "retirement job" at KUSI, it's the most fun I ever had. And the people of San Diego County have been wonderful to me for well over a decade. That's very, very nice. And, that's all I have to say." With that Coleman gets down to work predicting the weather one more time.

John Coleman | KUSI - News, Weather and Sports - San Diego, CA | Weather
Typical: Don't like the message? Discredit the messenger? How intellectually dishonest...

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in