20 headless corpses found in Iraq, police say - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 06:45 PM
Live

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
I am old enough to know this but what's the connection with our exchange?
You suggest I go into the Iraq theater and do some sortie's.
I said sally forth.

"sally forth" is an expression meaning "to start out in an energetic manner." This expression is much older than the comic strips. For example, in "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu you find this term - " From a position of this sort, if the enemy is unprepared, you may sally forth and defeat him. "

sally forth

verb
set out in a sudden, energetic or violent manner

sally forth

(of soldiers) to rush out to make an attack
Example: They sallied forth against the enemy.

Please try and keep up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 06:51 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live View Post
You suggest I go into the Iraq theater and do some sortie's.
I said sally forth.

"sally forth" is an expression meaning "to start out in an energetic manner." This expression is much older than the comic strips. For example, in "The Art of War" by Sun Tzu you find this term - " From a position of this sort, if the enemy is unprepared, you may sally forth and defeat him. "

sally forth

verb
set out in a sudden, energetic or violent manner

sally forth

(of soldiers) to rush out to make an attack
Example: They sallied forth against the enemy.

Please try and keep up.
Oh wow, my bad, I am as slow as a poster that used to hang around here, his name was guage, do you know him?
Anyway, I knew Sally Forth from naughty comics I read years ago but I am still confused how you associated Sally Forth the expression "to start out in an energetic manner." with what we were saying? Help me get it, would ya

oh, without copying and pasting because that reminds me of guage who sometimes lost me with his wits and copied come backs

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 06:58 PM
Live

Quote:
Oh wow, my bad, I am as slow as a poster that used to hang around here, his name was guage, do you know him?
Anyway, I knew Sally Forth from naughty comics I read years ago but I am still confused how you associated Sally Forth the expression "to start out in an energetic manner." with what we were saying? Help me get it, would ya

oh, without copying and pasting because that reminds me of guage who sometimes lost me with his wits and copied come backs
Well, if you thought he was slow, whats that make you with your ramblings?
He must have cut you deep, cause your scars are starting to show.
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 07:01 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Well, if you thought he was slow, whats that make you with your ramblings?
He must have cut you deep, cause your scars are starting to show.
You still haven't clarified your choice of comeback...........
Let's stay focused on you, shall we! I prefer not to talk about someone unless he's here but I have a feeling he's watching, don't you think?

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Live

Quote:
You still haven't clarified your choice of comeback...........
Let's stay focused on you, shall we! I prefer not to talk about someone unless he's here but I have a feeling he's watching, don't you think?
My lord man, I can not talk slow on a computer.
You said I should go to Iraq and do some sortie's.
I answered with sally forth, then printed out the meanings, what more can I do for ya?

Please do stay on topic, you have a tendency to ramble. I have notice with other topics , that you've had a hard time staying focused as well.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 09:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Yes, in war shit does happen.
Main Stream Media is not suppose to make up things happen. OK, DAN
Yup......you got that right. Elected officials should not make up things like WMD, terrorists connections, training camps, etc. too. But they do, for their benefits.

So....What's your point again?

By the way, I was the one who posted the original, addressing specifically to our famous Bush-ass-sucker; Jayhawk.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Live

[QUOTE=elau;2605889]Yup......you got that right. Elected officials should not make up things like WMD, terrorists connections, training camps, etc. too. But they do, for their benefits. We haven't found Jimmy Hoffa either, does that mean he wasn't real?
We know he had these weapons... we supplied them to him.
I'm certain the 9-11 report stated that they had secret meeting with AQ, and there is always the duplicate check studs to the families of suicide bombers, read up on Samarra, Ramadi, and Salman Pak

So....What's your poin phony story

By the way, I was the one who posted the original, addressing specifically to our famous Bush-ass-sucker; Jayhawk
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 10:41 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
[QUOTE=Live;2605917]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elau View Post
Yup......you got that right. Elected officials should not make up things like WMD, terrorists connections, training camps, etc. too. But they do, for their benefits. We haven't found Jimmy Hoffa either, does that mean he wasn't real?
We know he had these weapons... we supplied them to him.
I'm certain the 9-11 report stated that they had secret meeting with AQ, and there is always the duplicate check studs to the families of suicide bombers, read up on Samarra, Ramadi, and Salman Pak

So....What's your poin phony story

By the way, I was the one who posted the original, addressing specifically to our famous Bush-ass-sucker; Jayhawk
Haha....you sure are late for the party. This topic was discussed back in the start of the invasion. We all know who supplied Saddam his weapons. That is no secret. We also discussed, if we were his sugar daddy, what is the purpose we pretend we were/are looking for the WMD? Is it because we have to play the "good guy" role? Is it because we "do not support" terrorism? Is it because we are a nation of "humanitarians"?

The answers are all there. Take your pick.

If you are certain the 9/11 report stated the secret meetings of Saddam and AQ, please do share.

Oh........one more thing. Jimmy Hoffa is as real as you and me. Why and how he died is of no concern of me, frankly, you either. Unless you two are related.

Jimmy Hoffa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in