Respect - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 02:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm thinking he heard the "a way to a man's heart it through his stomach" and just got confused. Confusion is not a farfetched concept.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 02:49 PM
Designo_E320

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I'm thinking he heard the "a way to a man's heart it through his stomach" and just got confused. Confusion is not a farfetched concept especially for Bush.
Great one Also corrected it for ya!
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 08:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2004
Vehicle: DeLorean DMC-12
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
To me, it reads like a simple piece of racism sent by some folks who want to keep the White House, just that.
A'yup. I can't believe anyone would even open an email with that crap in it. That kinda shit goes directly to my junk mail.

And, who gives a rat's ass if his name is 'Hussein'? Does that really have anything to do with his ability to lead? I should know better, but I'm still shocked when people exhibit such stupidity.
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 08:31 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jillian80 View Post
And, who gives a rat's ass if his name is 'Hussein'? Does that really have anything to do with his ability to lead? I should know better, but I'm still shocked when people exhibit such stupidity.
Don't you know that when he was born forty some years ago that this very discussion about Saddam Hussein came up. They thought...

We can name him Barack Adolf Obama but that might offend someone. How about Walker, after Clint Walker, that strong, handsome actor , that would be a good name, Barack W. Obama. He could go by W. What do you mean that sounds stupid? How about Hussein? It is a common name of the areas in which you, his father grew up and traveled. No one bad has that name, it doesn't sound stupid like an initial, let's go with it.

So Barack Hussein Obama it is. A multi-cultural name for a child from a multi-cultural background. Let's just hope by the time he grows up bigotry and racism will be a thing of the past. After all, this is the last half of the 20th Century in the Greatest country in the World! Surely bigots will have been embarrassed into the closets of society by the time he is an adult. Why he might even get to be President like our President Kennedy.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 08:32 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post
I think the old saw, "The Devil is in the details." applies to this situation. Given the sacrifices that have been made by both the military and civilians alike in the relatively brief history of the United States, a measure of respect is not too much to show to a nation that permits the freedoms (that's another thread) that we enjoy that were earned though those sacrifices. The people in that photo are not pledging allegiance to the current President or the Boston Red Sox. It is the Pledge of Allegiance to the United States of America.

If a person cannot face the people they wish to lead in the highest public office of the nation and repeat that pledge in the proper manner (hand over heart if not in uniform) in a wholly appropriate situation (an event to recognize some of the leading candidates for that office), it is only fair to question just where their allegiance lies.

That said...

The question here is intent. The implication by "Live" is that Obama refused to put his hand over his heart. Which would suggest someone brought the subject up, specifically, and Obama elected to cradle his scrotum instead of putting his hand over his heart. I don't believe that is the case. Instead, it is much more likely Obama is preoccupied with something, like, how the hell he ever agreed to run for President, or he just caught some zzzzz's and didn't realize what he was doing - because he was sleeping on his feet. The point is to disrespect the flag and all it stands for in these circumstances requires more than doing something inadvertently. I see no evidence he doesn't wish he had stayed alert long enough in this instance to put his hand over his heart and then snooze on his feet. And, oh yeah, who really cares? I mean, when you are under the bleachers banging some young thing, and the the crowd stands to recite the Pledge of Allegiance, do you stop banging, and join the crowd and chant with your hand over your heart? I know I didn't. Jim
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 08:34 PM
Live

So you are for free speech or not?
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
The question here is intent. The implication by "Live" is that Obama refused to put his hand over his heart. Which would suggest someone brought the subject up, specifically, and Obama elected to cradle his scrotum instead of putting his hand over his heart. I don't believe that is the case. Instead, it is much more likely Obama is preoccupied with something, like, how the hell he ever agreed to run for President, or he just caught some zzzzz's and didn't realize what he was doing - because he was sleeping on his feet. The point is to disrespect the flag and all it stands for in these circumstances requires more than doing something inadvertently. I see no evidence he doesn't wish he had stayed alert long enough in this instance to put his hand over his heart and then snooze on his feet. And, oh yeah, who really cares? I mean, when you are under the bleachers banging some young thing, and the the crowd stands to recite the Pledge of Allegiance, do you stop banging, and join the crowd and chant with your hand over your heart? I know I didn't. Jim
Hold on there guy I am not implicating anything, please reread what has been wrote and comprehend it!!!!
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 08:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live View Post
Hold on there guy I am not implicating anything, please reread what has been wrote and comprehend it!!!!
I get it. You're only guilty of repeating something someone else said. Jim
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 08:53 PM
Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
I get it. You're only guilty of repeating something someone else said. Jim
Start from the first post and proceed from there and see if the light will turn on for ya, so you don't have to stand in the dark .
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 09:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live View Post
Start from the first post and proceed from there and see if the light will turn on for ya, so you don't have to stand in the dark .
QBNCGR said nothing. He merely posted a photo of Obama in an obviously embarrassing situation, and then he squeezed a zit on the face of his Bizzaro World Fan Club. You took the bait and piled on, adding a bunch of unsupported words attributed to an unnamed author of an email. And now you want what? To deny what you did? Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in