A very scary movie just in time for Halloween - Mercedes-Benz Forum

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 11:38 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
A very scary movie just in time for Halloween

"Mother of all Tax Hikes" Goes Hollywood on Halloween

As if they hadn't scared us enough, now the Democraps, under the direction of Rep. Charlie Rangel, have unveiled the "mother of all tax hikes."

The basics of the package are simple: This is the largest individual income tax increase in history. Democrats are trying to lock Congress into a system which would raise taxes by $3.5 trillion over ten years.

Watch the movie trailer.

A bill like this will hurt our nation’s competitiveness and cost us American jobs. The Rangel bill is the first step down a road none of us want to follow.


Call your Congressman today!

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 12:10 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
"Mother of all Tax Hikes" Goes Hollywood on Halloween

As if they hadn't scared us enough, now the Democraps, under the direction of Rep. Charlie Rangel, have unveiled the "mother of all tax hikes."

The basics of the package are simple: This is the largest individual income tax increase in history. Democrats are trying to lock Congress into a system which would raise taxes by $3.5 trillion over ten years.

Watch the movie trailer.

A bill like this will hurt our nation’s competitiveness and cost us American jobs. The Rangel bill is the first step down a road none of us want to follow.


Call your Congressman today!
$3.5 Trillion in 10 years, Hell, Bush jacked us with $5Trillion in Deficit Spending Tax Increases in only 6.5 years. The kicker is that with the Bush Charge and Spend Tax increases there is a $600Billion Interest charge EVERY YEAR until its paid off.

So, let's do the math, starting now [and ignoring the interest generated in the past few years] AND cutting the rate in HALF in case of treasury rate cuts. Bush's Charge and Spend $5Trillion Tax Increase becomes, [after that same 10 years of the Rangle $3.5Trillion] a whopping $8,954,000,000,000!!!

So to be clear, The $5Trillion Deficit Run up by Bush in his budgets, suplementals, executive signing orders and failure to veto ANY spending by the Republican Congress for SIX years is going to COST $8.954TRILLION unless monies are paid to reduce the NATIONAL DEBT. This will run the NATIONAL DEBT, based SOLELY on the $5T up to $14Trillion by the year 2018.

To be more clear Bush will have been responsible for nearly $NINE TRILLION in NATIONAL DEBT - Double all the other Presidents combined!

That $3.5 Trillion [less than 10% over current budgets] over 10 years doesn't seem to much now does it?

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 12:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
slybydesign's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Location: S.D. Cali
Posts: 3,183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is really sad reading this. People like my self pay higher taxes because I don't have kids nor am I married. I pay a lot now and situations like this makes it really hard to do the things you want to do. I guess this is also the reason why the dollar is getting weak now, and we are loosing jobs because people can't afford to operate here in the states. Pension funds are falling, social security may not even be around . Whats wrong with the US






3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
slybydesign is offline  
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
$3.5 Trillion in 10 years, Hell, Bush jacked us with $5Trillion in Deficit Spending Tax Increases in only 6.5 years. The kicker is that with the Bush Charge and Spend Tax increases there is a $600Billion Interest charge EVERY YEAR until its paid off.

So, let's do the math, starting now [and ignoring the interest generated in the past few years] AND cutting the rate in HALF in case of treasury rate cuts. Bush's Charge and Spend $5Trillion Tax Increase becomes, [after that same 10 years of the Rangle $3.5Trillion] a whopping $8,954,000,000,000!!!

So to be clear, The $5Trillion Deficit Run up by Bush in his budgets, suplementals, executive signing orders and failure to veto ANY spending by the Republican Congress for SIX years is going to COST $8.954TRILLION unless monies are paid to reduce the NATIONAL DEBT. This will run the NATIONAL DEBT, based SOLELY on the $5T up to $14Trillion by the year 2018.

To be more clear Bush will have been responsible for nearly $NINE TRILLION in NATIONAL DEBT - Double all the other Presidents combined!

That $3.5 Trillion [less than 10% over current budgets] over 10 years doesn't seem to much now does it?
I need Dramamine after trying to follow your convoluted "logic"...

Don't believe everything you think

Last edited by Jayhawk; 10-31-2007 at 01:58 PM.
Jayhawk is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybydesignw210 View Post
This is really sad reading this. People like my self pay higher taxes because I don't have kids nor am I married. I pay a lot now and situations like this makes it really hard to do the things you want to do. I guess this is also the reason why the dollar is getting weak now, and we are loosing jobs because people can't afford to operate here in the states. Pension funds are falling, social security may not even be around . Whats wrong with the US
Relax and enjoy the greatest economy on earth--and vote Republican if you want to keep your taxes low and income high!

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 02:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
I need Dramamine after trying to follow your convoluted "logic"...
I didn't need logic for that one, just simple math.

And you should need Dramamine after reading what I wrote. It should scare you WIDE AWAKE at what Bushie did to the Economy with his little $5Trillion Credit Card Tax Increase.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I didn't need logic for that one, just simple math.

And you should need Dramamine after reading what I wrote. It should scare you WIDE AWAKE at what Bushie did to the Economy with his little $5Trillion Credit Card Tax Increase.
You're confusing Dramamine w/ NoDoz.

Dramamine is for prevention and treatment of these symptoms associated with motion sickness:
  • nausea
  • vomiting
  • dizziness
Which is exactly what I was experiencing after trying to follow your convoluted "math."

Don't believe everything you think
Jayhawk is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 03:15 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
You're confusing Dramamine w/ NoDoz.

Dramamine is for prevention and treatment of these symptoms associated with motion sickness:
  • nausea
  • vomiting
  • dizziness
Which is exactly what I was experiencing after trying to follow your convoluted "math."
Oh yeah.

So reading math problems make you motion sick? Sorry to hear that but it does explain much.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
 
Jayhawk's Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Location: Lawrence, KS (USA)
Posts: 21,652
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Oh yeah.

So reading math problems make you motion sick? Sorry to hear that but it does explain much.
I think it's just your funny-math that makes me sick...

Kinda like this: Funny MathÂ*Video

Don't believe everything you think

Last edited by Jayhawk; 10-31-2007 at 03:30 PM.
Jayhawk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Halloween Curacao Off-Topic 0 10-31-2007 07:54 AM
    Halloween is Near! full house Off-Topic 41 10-19-2007 02:46 PM
    Happy Halloween!! oallelsefailo W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class 10 11-01-2006 09:13 PM
    halloween monicaE320 Off-Topic 23 10-29-2006 05:11 AM
    Halloween aftermath. Help! Distressed SLK owner R170 SLK-Class 12 12-06-2000 11:32 AM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome