BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
A very scary movie just in time for Halloween

"Mother of all Tax Hikes" Goes Hollywood on Halloween

As if they hadn't scared us enough, now the Democraps, under the direction of Rep. Charlie Rangel, have unveiled the "mother of all tax hikes."

The basics of the package are simple: This is the largest individual income tax increase in history. Democrats are trying to lock Congress into a system which would raise taxes by $3.5 trillion over ten years.

Watch the movie trailer.

A bill like this will hurt our nation’s competitiveness and cost us American jobs. The Rangel bill is the first step down a road none of us want to follow.

Call your Congressman today!

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 12:10 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
"Mother of all Tax Hikes" Goes Hollywood on Halloween

As if they hadn't scared us enough, now the Democraps, under the direction of Rep. Charlie Rangel, have unveiled the "mother of all tax hikes."

The basics of the package are simple: This is the largest individual income tax increase in history. Democrats are trying to lock Congress into a system which would raise taxes by $3.5 trillion over ten years.

Watch the movie trailer.

A bill like this will hurt our nation’s competitiveness and cost us American jobs. The Rangel bill is the first step down a road none of us want to follow.

Call your Congressman today!
$3.5 Trillion in 10 years, Hell, Bush jacked us with $5Trillion in Deficit Spending Tax Increases in only 6.5 years. The kicker is that with the Bush Charge and Spend Tax increases there is a $600Billion Interest charge EVERY YEAR until its paid off.

So, let's do the math, starting now [and ignoring the interest generated in the past few years] AND cutting the rate in HALF in case of treasury rate cuts. Bush's Charge and Spend $5Trillion Tax Increase becomes, [after that same 10 years of the Rangle $3.5Trillion] a whopping $8,954,000,000,000!!!

So to be clear, The $5Trillion Deficit Run up by Bush in his budgets, suplementals, executive signing orders and failure to veto ANY spending by the Republican Congress for SIX years is going to COST $8.954TRILLION unless monies are paid to reduce the NATIONAL DEBT. This will run the NATIONAL DEBT, based SOLELY on the $5T up to $14Trillion by the year 2018.

To be more clear Bush will have been responsible for nearly $NINE TRILLION in NATIONAL DEBT - Double all the other Presidents combined!

That $3.5 Trillion [less than 10% over current budgets] over 10 years doesn't seem to much now does it?

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 12:29 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is really sad reading this. People like my self pay higher taxes because I don't have kids nor am I married. I pay a lot now and situations like this makes it really hard to do the things you want to do. I guess this is also the reason why the dollar is getting weak now, and we are loosing jobs because people can't afford to operate here in the states. Pension funds are falling, social security may not even be around . Whats wrong with the US

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
$3.5 Trillion in 10 years, Hell, Bush jacked us with $5Trillion in Deficit Spending Tax Increases in only 6.5 years. The kicker is that with the Bush Charge and Spend Tax increases there is a $600Billion Interest charge EVERY YEAR until its paid off.

So, let's do the math, starting now [and ignoring the interest generated in the past few years] AND cutting the rate in HALF in case of treasury rate cuts. Bush's Charge and Spend $5Trillion Tax Increase becomes, [after that same 10 years of the Rangle $3.5Trillion] a whopping $8,954,000,000,000!!!

So to be clear, The $5Trillion Deficit Run up by Bush in his budgets, suplementals, executive signing orders and failure to veto ANY spending by the Republican Congress for SIX years is going to COST $8.954TRILLION unless monies are paid to reduce the NATIONAL DEBT. This will run the NATIONAL DEBT, based SOLELY on the $5T up to $14Trillion by the year 2018.

To be more clear Bush will have been responsible for nearly $NINE TRILLION in NATIONAL DEBT - Double all the other Presidents combined!

That $3.5 Trillion [less than 10% over current budgets] over 10 years doesn't seem to much now does it?
I need Dramamine after trying to follow your convoluted "logic"...

Last edited by Jayhawk; 10-31-2007 at 01:58 PM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybydesignw210 View Post
This is really sad reading this. People like my self pay higher taxes because I don't have kids nor am I married. I pay a lot now and situations like this makes it really hard to do the things you want to do. I guess this is also the reason why the dollar is getting weak now, and we are loosing jobs because people can't afford to operate here in the states. Pension funds are falling, social security may not even be around . Whats wrong with the US
Relax and enjoy the greatest economy on earth--and vote Republican if you want to keep your taxes low and income high!

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 02:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
I need Dramamine after trying to follow your convoluted "logic"...
I didn't need logic for that one, just simple math.

And you should need Dramamine after reading what I wrote. It should scare you WIDE AWAKE at what Bushie did to the Economy with his little $5Trillion Credit Card Tax Increase.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
I didn't need logic for that one, just simple math.

And you should need Dramamine after reading what I wrote. It should scare you WIDE AWAKE at what Bushie did to the Economy with his little $5Trillion Credit Card Tax Increase.
You're confusing Dramamine w/ NoDoz.

Dramamine is for prevention and treatment of these symptoms associated with motion sickness:
  • nausea
  • vomiting
  • dizziness
Which is exactly what I was experiencing after trying to follow your convoluted "math."

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 03:15 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
You're confusing Dramamine w/ NoDoz.

Dramamine is for prevention and treatment of these symptoms associated with motion sickness:
  • nausea
  • vomiting
  • dizziness
Which is exactly what I was experiencing after trying to follow your convoluted "math."
Oh yeah.

So reading math problems make you motion sick? Sorry to hear that but it does explain much.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Oh yeah.

So reading math problems make you motion sick? Sorry to hear that but it does explain much.
I think it's just your funny-math that makes me sick...

Kinda like this: Funny MathÂ*Video

Last edited by Jayhawk; 10-31-2007 at 03:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in