Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
I have to admit, I think Jayhawk's assessment of Dr. Paul's chances is pretty fair. That doesn't mean I'm not hopeful.
Yup, I share his assessment. That's why I haven't jumped in too much during these discussions. I love the enthusiasm, and hate to quash that with a dose of cold hard reality. The entire system is defunct from a democratic standpoint. The establishment machine runs the show under tightly controlled parameters. The media is criminally complicit, and does nothing to advance the public interest with regard to the election process.

Sorry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 91 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I actually believe that if Ron Paul were to miraculously find himself in a position to win this thing, he would probably be killed.

Seen Rollerball lately?

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #23 of 91 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 09:18 AM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
^ We'll be on the veranda since Jay and Z are on the cross.

post #24 of 91 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 09:35 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR View Post
^ We'll be on the veranda since Jay and Z are on the cross.
Jay-Z! We make great music!!

Don't believe everything you think
post #25 of 91 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 09:39 AM
Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1428 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Mind the distance, luv.
post #26 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus

(Thread Starter)
Ron Paul Money Bomb To Strike Fear In GOP Nov 5th

This is more opinion than fact, but i can not help but wonder if the november 5th money bomb will strike fear in the hearts of the GOP. There are several reasons that i think this will happen and i will try to explain my reasoning for my thoughts.

The News Media and other GOP hopefulls have openly put down on the winning of the polls across the U.S. of Ron Paul. They have attributed it to spam several times, Counted the straw polls as fake and misleading, and even called the FOX polls worthless even though it was a cell text vote so it could not be spam or a fluke.

Now comes my point. They may actualy believe that the polls are that far off. The people who do not know Ron Paul can not comprehend that Ron Paul supporters are real people who are excited by the leadership qualities of a man who stands for principles instead of someone who's goals are determined by who pays him off. Regardless of what the laws might say, If a politician is a democrate and he gets campaign contributions from a company that also donates to the competing republican running against that same democrate. There is foul play involved.

That is one area that Ron Paul is never guilty of, No company donations. He only accepts money from the "people", not companies he serves. It is a breath of fresh air to have honesty and principles governing a Leader, and not some sold out politician.

He stands for FREEDOM, less government and intrusion in our lives. No illegal wiretaps, no fake "war on terror". A smart idea of international policy which is to stay home and mind our own business.

Ron Paul is someone who will undo all of the tyranny that the current politicians in Washington has created.

Ron Paul is a Leader of men, not a scapegoat for big money bankers. And this is just a few of the reasons Ron Paul Supporters are so involved with this mans campaign.

This is why the Polls have been swarmed with his supporters. and i believe that Nov 5th will be like the polls. There will be millions given on that day. I have read post of people selling stuff on Ebay to support Ron Paul on Nov 5th. This will be a massive showing and millions will be given that day.

Now, here is where the fear comes into play for the GOP. If Millions do roll in on nov 5th for the Ron Paul Money Bomb as expected, they will know that the support of Ron Paul will carry on to the voting booths on election day. and it will be in masses that this happens.

They know that if people are active enough to sell personal goods on ebay to support Ron Paul and they actualy Give Millions on that day, it tells them that the supporters are actively supporting him with actions, and not just a few bloggers on the internet spamming as they claim.

This is our Chance to tell the politicians that their time is up, no more sellouts, no more tyranny, It is our chance to tell Washington that we will not take the abuse anymore.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #27 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 04:25 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
This is more opinion than fact, but i can not help but wonder .......................
That is more dream and hallucination than fact or opinion. You need to sleep less and/or do fewer Mescal Buttons and less Divine Cactus (i.e., Peyote). We all like to dream and some like to partake of the illegal 'shrooms, but you may be doing too much of both.

Don't believe everything you think

Last edited by Jayhawk; 11-04-2007 at 04:37 PM.
post #28 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus

(Thread Starter)
Support our Constitution -- don't forget to donate.

post #29 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Administratoris Emeritus

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
That is more dream and hallucination than fact or opinion. You need to sleep less and/or do fewer Mescal Buttons and less Divine Cactus (i.e., Peyote). We all like to dream and some like to partake of the illegal 'shrooms, but you may really need a vacation.
Submit your comments here: The Senator. That way, they will reach the author of the article.

post #30 of 91 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 05:44 PM
Live

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Nov. 5th
The beginning of the end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in