post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 10:13 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Do you really think you're doing your child a favor by teaching him intolerance and hate? If you dress a certain way, you're a "bad kid"? You're really on a troll today.......
Fixed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 10:22 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2003
Vehicle: 1988 560SEL sold:
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Designo_E320 View Post
I think that if every parent sat down and not only listened to their kids BUT ALSO give them advice when needed then a lot of problems facing our children would simply vanish...
...Gist of my post is that we as parents REALLY need to TALK to our kids.
Yes, I agree. However, you overlooked the fact that parents can come in varying degrees of qualities and moral standards.

Quote:
NEEDED to loose 40lbs. Not only have I lost the 40 pounds but an additional 5 pounds on top of that. Yeah I am successful in EVERYTHING that I do. I followed Drewprofs advice and hit the gym. Yup i accomplish EVERYTHING I set out to do. As far as sex is concerned, I get more pussy thrown at me every day than you have seen pictures of surfing the net. Maybe its my great looks, maybe its the MD that goes after my name, maybe its my personality? Who the hell cares?
Quote:
That "MD" gives me the power and knowledge to bend you over and stick my finger up your ass and tell you what's wrong with you.

and you wonder why your precocious son wanted to dress in hip-hop style...

馬鹿は死ななきゃ治らない。

post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 10:26 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
Quote:
Do you really think you're doing your child a favor by teaching him intolerance and hate? If you dress a certain way, you're a "bad kid"? You're really on a roll today.......
Excellent point, Ron. I seem to remember a thread with a similar point recently, where the original poster was very much opposed to the vilification of an entire group of people based on the actions of a part of that group.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/off-...es-people.html

Hate is clearly taught at home.
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 10:32 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 1988 560SEL sold: 2006 Honda Element EX-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Designo_E320
I think that if every parent sat down and not only listened to their kids BUT ALSO give them advice when needed then a lot of problems facing our children would simply vanish...
...Gist of my post is that we as parents REALLY need to TALK to our kids.

Yes, I agree. However, you overlooked the fact that parents can come in varying degrees of qualities and moral standards.

Quote:
NEEDED to loose 40lbs. Not only have I lost the 40 pounds but an additional 5 pounds on top of that. Yeah I am successful in EVERYTHING that I do. I followed Drewprofs advice and hit the gym. Yup i accomplish EVERYTHING I set out to do. As far as sex is concerned, I get more pussy thrown at me every day than you have seen pictures of surfing the net. Maybe its my great looks, maybe its the MD that goes after my name, maybe its my personality? Who the hell cares?

Quote:
That "MD" gives me the power and knowledge to bend you over and stick my finger up your ass and tell you what's wrong with you.

and you wonder why your precocious son wanted to dress in hip-hop style...

Wasn't there also a recent thread discussing whether homosexuality is inherited or learned?

I'm guessing that lad is going to be confused at the very least.
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 10:37 AM
Designo_E320

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Do you really think you're doing your child a favor by teaching him intolerance and hate? If you dress a certain way, you're a "bad kid"? You're really on a roll today.......
So you are saying that something I think is distasteful is teaching hate? I don't think there is a better way to start explaining to a 7 year old about the hip hop culture. Do you suggest that I talk to him about sex, drugs, dog fights, cars with spinning wheels, guns,etc. Would that not be teaching hate? Or is there something positive about the hip hop culture that I have overlooked? Simply stating "bad kids" is enough and a good enough reason to deter him at his age of ONLY 7 years. When the time comes, I can discuss the above with him and he can make his own decision. If you had a daughter who want to wear a miniskirt that would show half or her crack the would you say "bad girls" or "indecent girls" dress this way or would you say "whores dress that way?" Would that be teaching hate and intolerance? Intolerance against loose girls? (Would that be bad?) There are too many bad influences out there. I think that the hip hop culture as a whole is a bad influence on young minds and I will TRY to protect my children from it and other bad influence for as long as I possibly can. it is my duty.
There are some things you allow your kids to do and some you don't. You as a parent have to make that decision. It is YOUR JOB AND the highest of duties. Let them make their own decisions when they get to that age.
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 10:46 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
There are some things you allow your kids to do and some you don't. You as a parent have to make that decision. It is YOUR JOB AND the highest of duties. Let them make their own decisions when they get to that age.
Yes, and I will continue to do so without teaching intolerance and hatred toward other cultures or kids who dress funny.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 10:48 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Nov 2003
Vehicle: 1988 560SEL sold:
Quote:
So you are saying that something I think is distasteful is teaching hate? I don't think there is a better way to start explaining to a 7 year old about the hip hop culture. Do you suggest that I talk to him about sex, drugs, dog fights, cars with spinning wheels, guns,etc. Would that not be teaching hate? Or is there something positive about the hip hop culture that I have overlooked? Simply stating "bad kids" is enough and a good enough reason to deter him at his age of ONLY 7 years. When the time comes, I can discuss the above with him and he can make his own decision. If you had a daughter who want to wear a miniskirt that would show half or her crack the would you say "bad girls" or "indecent girls" dress this way or would you say "whores dress that way?" Would that be teaching hate and intolerance? Intolerance against loose girls? (Would that be bad?) There are too many bad influences out there. I think that the hip hop culture as a whole is a bad influence on young minds and I will TRY to protect my children from it and other bad influence for as long as I possibly can. it is my duty.
Again, your heart is in a right place but I question the means to accomplish it.

You missed GS's point. Showing your judgemental side (hip hop = bad) will no doubt have negative effect on your kid in the long run. Simply stating that the way he wanted to dress was not appropriate for school would have been sufficient and there was no need to add value judgement to that persuasion.

When the time comes for the son to start making decisions, your words during will be of great influence to his thought process, hence GS's concern.

馬鹿は死ななきゃ治らない。

post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 10:54 AM
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Hey Dr. Designo, here my latest suggestion for you to tone up and get in shape: YouTube - Hip Hop Abs -- Take It To The Dance Floor
Now you need to do this with the whole family to get the kid in shape and wifey all lookin luscious and easier to handle

post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 10:57 AM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomilla2.0 View Post
Again, your heart is in a right place but I question the means to accomplish it.

You missed GS's point. Showing your judgemental side (hip hop = bad) will no doubt have negative effect on your kid in the long run. Simply stating that the way he wanted to dress was not appropriate for school would have been sufficient and there was no need to add value judgement to that persuasion.

When the time comes for the son to start making decisions, your words during will be of great influence to his thought process, hence GS's concern.
Well put, Nao -- your kid has a good dad workin' for him.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 10-24-2007, 11:08 AM
~BANNED~

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1762 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomilla2.0 View Post

Oh you are soooo superior. Gonna take the high road are you? Gonna deconstruct it to the bare meaning and work your way out, eh? Well we have guilt trips and manipulation to deal with fellas like you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in