Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think you are all a bunch of sexist!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 05:22 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoseyman View Post
I think you are all a bunch of sexist!
You sound like my wife........
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 05:32 PM
Will Moderate For Cigars

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: 2002 ML320, 2005 S430 4MATIC, 2010 F150 Crew Cab
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post

Clinton vows review of executive power

Michael Tomasky in Washington
Tuesday October 23, 2007
Guardian Unlimited

Hillary Clinton would launch a policy review as president with an eye towards giving up some of the executive powers accumulated by George Bush, she tells Guardian America in an interview today.
The New York senator and frontrunner for the Democratic presidential nomination also accuses the Bush administration's broad brush approach to terrorism of making it harder to understand "what it is we were up against", and expresses concerns about the attitude of the president's nominee for attorney general to interrogation and "expansive" executive power.

On the accumulation of White House power under the current administration, Ms Clinton said the president and Dick Cheney both had taken actions "beyond any power the Congress would have granted" and - even when congressional authorisation was possible - chosen not to pursue it "as a matter of principle".
"The power grab undertaken by the Bush-Cheney administration has gone much further than any other president and has been sustained for longer," she said. "Other presidents, like Lincoln, have had to take on extraordinary powers but would later go to Congress for either ratification or rejection."

Ms Clinton said the accumulation of executive power had put America into "new territory" because Mr Bush and the vice president had taken the view that were what previously extraordinary powers were now inherent powers that belonged to the White House.

"I think I'm going to have to review everything they've done, because I've been on the receiving end of that," she said. Ms Clinton stated it was "absolutely" conceivable that, as president, she would give up executive powers in the name of constitutional principle.

"That has to be part of the review I undertake when I get to the White House, and I intend to do that," she said.

Ms Clinton, speaking by telephone from Las Vegas, would not say how she would vote on the confirmation of Michael Mukasey, Mr Bush's nominee to succeed Alberto Gonzales as attorney general, but said his views on executive power and interrogation were a concern to her.

On the Bush administration's terrorism policies, Ms Clinton argued it had been a mistake to paint all terrorists with "a broad brush, which has not been particularly helpful in understanding what it is we were up against". She said claims that terrorists hate Americans for their freedoms had not proven to be an effective diagnosis.

"I believe that terrorism is a tool that has been utilised throughout history to achieve certain objectives. Some have been ideological, others territorial. There are personality-driven terroristic objectives.

"They may not share all that much in terms of what is the philosophical or ideological underpinning."
What is most amazing is that you actually have bought into what this lying cunt said.

2005 S430 4Matic 'Morton' W220.183 • 722.671 Rest in Peace

Bells and whistles are thorns and thistles.
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Speaking of buying into lies, how's that WMD thing working out?

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
She would never give up any executive powers she would keep them in her black bag of tricks to come out when she sees fit. Bait and Switch, Vote for me and I will change the system unless I see a reason after I am president to not change the system.

I really do not see how a man as smart as you are FTL could be suckered in by this ass of a woman.
Pah leez! I did not advocate voting for her anywhere in my post. I have stated a number of times that my preference is for Gore, and that absent his running I was currently supporting Ron Paul, but in the event of his failure the only real option left will be Hillary as the Republican field is just the same old shit. This thread merely gives a reason for considering Mrs. Clinton. I think in truth it is another one of Bill Clinton's famous triangulations, where he is essentially coopting a Paulian position, in the hopes of staving future defections in the event of a third-party challenge as Paul is rapidly becoming a formidable candidate on the Left, despite his Republican label.

What I don't get is the vitriol - "cunt", "ass of a women", etc, heck she is showing herself to be the genius of the campaign. While the GOP flounders in confusion and cacophony, she has steadily worn down what started out as a formidable opponent, Mr. Obama, to where she now leds him by substantial double digits, and for the first time she is polling over 50% in head to head matchup polls with Guiliani. For an ass of a cunt, she sure seems to be pretty smart.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 10-23-2007 at 05:54 PM.
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 06:10 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
I have stated a number of times that my preference is for Gore...
There's Hillary's running mate, right there -- think about it...

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Nah, too "nineties".

post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 06:24 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
It would clinch the election for her, and place Mr. Gore in an ideal position to further his agenda -- much better than if he were president, in fact.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 06:32 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2007
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I for one would not be in favor of:

higher taxes
more goverment control
out of control spending
massive social programs
socialized medicine

to name just a few. If that's what you are looking for, then Hillary is your man......errr, woman.

Ciao.....Dino
Ferrari 360 CS/SL55 AMG/M3/AM V8 Vantage
March/Cosworth Indycar/Ducati 916
www.VelocePerformance.com
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 10-23-2007, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
I might like the idea if I thought she would die conveniently.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in