About homosexuality.......... - Mercedes-Benz Forum

View Poll Results: Is homosexuality a genetic thing or are there environmental factors involved?
Genetic 18 60.00%
Environmental 12 40.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 10:30 AM
Designo_E320

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Arrow About homosexuality..........

Genetic or environmental? Please discuss your point of view.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 11:46 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Nuture NOT Nature

Speaking as a trained behavioral psychologist, I can say w/ certainty that homosexuality is a learned, and aberrant, form of behavior. It is not natural or normal, and only the most extreme of PC psych's will try to attribute causes to inherited traits and characteristics. The reasons for my position on the issue are far too numerous to discuss here, but a few would include the following:
  • There is no scientifically verifiable research evidence linking biological or genetic differences between heterosexuals and homosexuals that cannot be accounted for by environmental factors. (And I can tell you from first-hand experience that the gay community has been desperately trying for decades to come up w/ some/any evidence to prove their behavior is genetic and not learned.)
  • Early homosexual experiences influence adult patterns of behavior.
  • Many change their sexual preferences--there are many ex-homosexuals, and the vast majority of homosexuals started out as heterosexuals.
  • Sexual conduct is influenced by cultural factors--especially religious convictions.
Homosexuality is a complex conditioned behavior and not a minority "genetic identity" which can and does change. The left, and almost all of the gay community have been conditioned to believe that they are gay because it is genetic. To believe otherwise would require them to admit that they are abnormal. When the far, far, left-wing APA removed homosexuality from its list of abnormal behaviors several years ago I resigned my membership w/in a few days--and so did many other psychologists. It is sad that a self-proclaimed professional association scummed to political pressure and did what was Politically Correct rather than Professionally Correct. I could not, in good conscience, remain a member of such an organization.

Don't believe everything you think
post #3 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 12:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Homosexual babies are babies over whom Satan has cast a spell. He does this to infuriate God and to bait good Christians into supporting the homosexual agenda. In the end they will all be cast into a Lake of Fire, barbecued for Jesus. Pass the mustard, please.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #4 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 12:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: Bandwidth
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
heh, heh......mental disorder of the highest calibre! heh, heh......
Attached Images

post #5 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 12:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Speaking as a trained behavioral psychologist, I can say w/ certainty that homosexuality is a learned, and aberrant, form of behavior. It is not natural or normal, and only the most extreme of PC psych's will try to attribute causes to inherited traits and characteristics. The reasons for my position on the issue are far too numerous to discuss here, but a few would include the following:
  • There is no scientifically verifiable research evidence linking biological or genetic differences between heterosexuals and homosexuals that cannot be accounted for by environmental factors. (And I can tell you from first-hand experience that the gay community has been desperately trying for decades to come up w/ some/any evidence to prove their behavior is genetic and not learned.)
  • Early homosexual experiences influence adult patterns of behavior.
  • Many change their sexual preferences--there are many ex-homosexuals, and the vast majority of homosexuals started out as heterosexuals.
  • Sexual conduct is influenced by cultural factors--especially religious convictions.
Homosexuality is a complex conditioned behavior and not a minority "genetic identity" which can and does change. The left, and almost all of the gay community have been conditioned to believe that they are gay because it is genetic. To believe otherwise would require them to admit that they are abnormal. When the far, far, left-wing APA removed homosexuality from its list of abnormal behaviors several years ago I resigned my membership w/in a few days--and so did many other psychologists. It is sad that a self-proclaimed professional association scummed to political pressure and did what was Politically Correct rather than Professionally Correct. I could not, in good conscience, remain a member of such an organization.
Please explain why homosexuality is routinely observed among primates and other mammals as well.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #6 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 12:30 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
Please explain why homosexuality is routinely observed among primates and other mammals as well.
I read way back about how when rat populations get too large to support continued geometric population growth, homosexuality becomes more prevalent. Seems like it is genetic - the coding for data processing that makes one rat sexually attracted to another rat of the same sex has to be there to start with - and environmental - there has to be a trigger to "turn on" the alternate program that is environmental. So, since we likely share many of the programming features of other mammals who preceded us in the path of evolution, we likely have a genetic "permissive" set of software concerning homosexuality, and then there is an environmental or social or other trigger mechanism that selects it. But since we know Jaybaugh isn't a believer in things like evolution, he is absofuckingloutely certain homosexuality is a choice made by individuals at some point that is not permanent, why is anyone asking this question to the whole BWOT forum? Just PM that trained behavioral psychologist next time. Yeah, the same one who can't understand his own behavior patterns. Jim
post #7 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 01:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1967 Irish/ Pole
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
In rural areas, it's genetic, but in cities, it's environmental.

-Marty

"...pour out of one vessel into another; and as those old Romans robbed all the cities in the world, we skim the cream of other men's wits, pick the choice flowers of their tilled gardens to set our own sterile plots."
-a Richard Burton
post #8 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Easy fer you to say, wit all dem good-lookin' sheep runnin' round jes throwin' temptation in yer face. Oh, dat's beestialitee -- ne'er mind.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #9 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 01:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 1967 Irish/ Pole
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
Easy fer you to say, wit all dem good-lookin' sheep runnin' round jes throwin' temptation in yer face. Oh, dat's beestialitee -- ne'er mind.
Quite right, and oddly, reversed, as animal... 'love'... stems from environmental.factors in rural areas and has genetic causation when found in urban settings.
In the suburbs it's a combination of the two factors that ultimately determines whether an individual will pork a porcupine or some such.

-Marty

"...pour out of one vessel into another; and as those old Romans robbed all the cities in the world, we skim the cream of other men's wits, pick the choice flowers of their tilled gardens to set our own sterile plots."
-a Richard Burton
post #10 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-17-2007, 02:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
Animals are no less likely to engage in abnormal behavior, such as homosexuality, than are humans. From studies I have seen this usually occurs as a consequence of other environmental factors such as overpopulation where there a lot more males than females--and they've got to get their rocks off somewhere. (Why do you think there are approximately as many women as men in the world? It is no freak accident of nature.) But it is strictly an environmental phenomenon. There are dozens of good books and articles that have discussed animal homosexuality, but in no way does abnormal animal behavior contradict abnormal human behavior. This article by Luiz Sérgio Solimeo is one that might help you understand: The Animal Homosexuality Myth

There have been many studies of gay twins that purport to prove gayness is genetic, and some studies have shown that sexual orientation tends to cluster in families, but that does not prove genetics is involved. If you think about it, family members--especially twins--are extremely likely to experience exactly the same environmental factors and therefore does not prove a genetic link and tends to reinforce an environmental explanation. I'm not saying that some day someone will find a "gay gene," but I am certain that the existence of that gene can only be proven by a healthy dose of environmental factors. I will concede that gayness could require a gene (though I doubt it), but that it will only occure in response to specific environmental stimuli. A gene may be necessary for gayness, but it will never be sufficient to explain that abnormal behavior.

No scientific consensus exists as to how biology influences sexual orientation, or even if it does. This is a very complex subject and does not lend itself well to easy explanations, but unless a gene is found that can explain even a small part of homosexuality--and the Human Genome Project tried and failed--I will cling to a strict environmental explanation.

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in