About homosexuality.......... - Page 8 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

View Poll Results: Is homosexuality a genetic thing or are there environmental factors involved?
Genetic 18 60.00%
Environmental 12 40.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 12:28 AM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 958 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
Yes, and why not include WGAS, as well?
I had to look this up.
WGAS Web Graphics Artist Society
WGAS West Gloucestershire Art Society (UK)
WGAS Who Gives A Sweat? (polite form)
WGAS Wood Green Animal Shelters (English charity)
Which one is it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 01:38 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 1984 300GD "G" Wagen, and 1998 Steyr Puch 290GD "G" Van & a 1988 MB Trac 1000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Difflock
Well to stir the pot a bit , what about the current issue here in our liberal UK, of same sex couples being allowed to foster or adopt children, what about the sterotyping / wish fufilment issues there
Oh
And the male gay couple who were held up to be ideal foster/adoptive parents of guess what sex children, OK you guessed correct 3 boys, and what was the attraction, gosh you guessed right again.
So now that is another two or three literally fucked up children due to our chronically fucked up Social Services.
post #73 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 06:26 AM
Designo_E320

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Vorschlag View Post
Poor Jayhawk , he's got the IQ of lint
Actually as a doctor, I really do believe that Jayhawk has a very high IQ. Although we are at the opposite ends of the spectrum as far as political issues are concerned I would like to say for the record that I truely enjoy his mind.
So far this has been a very healthy discussion. I will also put my .02 in soon.
post #74 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 06:27 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Designo_E320 View Post
Actually as a doctor, I really do believe that Jayhawk has a very high IQ. Although we are at the opposite ends of the spectrum as far as political issues are concerned I would like to say for the record that I truely enjoy his mind.
So far this has been a very healthy discussion. I will also put my .02 in soon.
Are you enjoying his mind in a sort of homosexual kind of way?

Jim
post #75 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 06:29 AM
Designo_E320

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyc280 View Post
It's obvious the answer is "Global Warming".
lol
post #76 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 06:39 AM
Membership withdrawn by request

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSmith View Post
Are you enjoying his mind in a sort of homosexual kind of way?

Jim
Stop that right now Jim lol ! , I enjoy his mind as much as the next guy , in fact some of my best friends have minds .
post #77 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 06:53 AM
Designo_E320

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightbird View Post
My first response to the question that started this thread is a question in itself: Why is this important for you to know?

There has to be a reason for posting this question in a car forum, and quite frankly I'm interested in how this is affecting you personally so much so that you felt the need to post this in our forum. Enquiring minds want to know..respectfully of course... =)

As for whether this is a learned trait or genetic, I am really baffled that this question is still being asked. Homosexuality has existed since the beginning of our species, and other species I may add. Homosexuality has been observed in over 1,500 species. Here is a link to an MSNBC story on this and the First-ever museum display showing 51 species exhibiting homosexuality:

Gay animals out of the closet? - LiveScience - MSNBC.com

We live in a world so rich with bio-diversity, so rich with strange looking and acting animals, animals who live in environments we humans never could, and animals like the clown fish who can even change their sex. With all this diversity and change, why is it so hard for some people to believe that Homosexuality is a natural trait? Mostly, it is due to religion and ignorance. People use to be raised to believe slavery was just fine and dandy, and in some parts of the world this belief continues today, either blatantly observable or only subtley so.

I also find it amusing that 99% of the people who claim to know the answer to the "Is homosexuality genetic or not" question never bother to actually ask a Homosexual about this, ask them how they feel they came about being Gay, and whether they feel they learned this behavior or not. All of my gay friends laugh out loud when they get this question, and all of them cite that they felt this way as children, and last I heard, children weren't being taught "how to be gay" in school. I would also like to point out that being gay is not a "lifestyle"..a lifestyle is going boating every weekend. Being gay is a Life, not a style. And gays don't want any special privileges, they want Equality..just like Blacks did when all sorts of reasons and justifications were made to keep them in slavery and without rights...everything from how our country would go down the drain without slave agricultural labor to how society would not be able to deal with "mixed" race children if blacks and whites were allowed to marry. It only looks like Gays want "special privileges" to some because Heterosexual american society at large is so used to denying them what they get automatically, mainly the right to marry, taxation and social security spousal benefits, and spousal rights. Heteros and Homos put the same thing into the American system, mainly taxes. So why is it only the Hetero group gets all those taxation, social security spousal benefits and marriage rights? You tell me who is getting special privileges?

I think the best way to answer this question is to use the same rules of application on Heterosexuals. As a Heterosexual, did you learn to like the opposite sex or did it just come naturally to you? If it just came naturally to you, if those feelings were always their without them being taught to you or you being conditioned to them, if that urge inside to love and want to be close and intimate with the opposite sex was something that just sprung forth from within without any learning, then how can you look at a Homosexual who feels this same way about the same sex and deny them that it came from the same source that your feelings and emotions came from? As Spock would say, "Captain, that simply is not logical.." =)

And now for a little levity:

10 Reasons Why Gay Marriage is Wrong

01) Being gay is not natural. Real Americans always reject unnatural things like eyeglasses, polyester, and air conditioning.

02) Gay marriage will encourage people to be gay, in the same way that hanging around tall people will make you tall.

03) Legalizing gay marriage will open the door to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal standing and can sign a marriage contract.

04) Straight marriage has been around a long time and hasn't changed at all; women are still property, blacks still can't marry whites, and divorce is still illegal.

05) Straight marriage will be less meaningful if gay marriage were allowed; the sanctity of Britany Spears' 55-hour just-for-fun marriage would be destroyed.

06) Straight marriages are valid because they produce children. Gay couples, infertile couples, and old people shouldn't be allowed to marry because our orphanages aren't full yet, and the world needs more children.

07) Obviously gay parents will raise gay children, since straight parents only raise straight children.

08) Gay marriage is not supported by religion. In a theocracy like ours, the values of one religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why we have only one religion in America.

09) Children can never succeed without a male and a female role model at home. That's why we as a society expressly forbid single parents to raise children.

10) Gay marriage will change the foundation of society; we could never adapt to new social norms. Just like we haven't adapted to cars, the service-sector economy, or longer life spans.
Thanks for the response. Actually from looking at your post count it seems that you are a fairly new member. BWOT is a place in which we discuss pretty much everything EXCEPT cars. There are others sections dedicated exclusively for cars. This is a discussion not a question. No I don't NEED to know. It is an avenue for people to share their thoughts. I meet and treat homosexuals in my practice. I for one tend to think that there is yet another reason for this behavior as many actually I would put the number roughly at about 95-99% of my homosexual patients have been sexually abused in the past. This too would go under the heading of "environmental factors". Homosexuality has existed since the beginning of time yet we know nothing about it. Personally homosexuality doesn't bother me at all. In fact I find it amusing to see these people acting in a "different" way. I do however side with Jayhawk's explanations on this subject and until there is a definite scientific proof of this phenomenon, I will believe that it is a learned behavior due to environmental influences. Studies have also shown (and I can't produce a link, I have read a few) that another factor may be that in a majority of cases when the woman was pregnant with the homosexual person the woman had moderate to severe stress/depression during pregnancy that would suggest some sort of a chemical imbalance, hence another argument for environmental factors in this case the intrauterine environment. We also can't really depend on science as it contradicts itself. Take the example of eggs. First they tell us that they are no good for us and we shouldn't eat more than 1 egg per week, now they tell us we can have 3-4 eggs per week. Another example is HRT (hormone replacement therapy) in women. This was the gold standard to treat women for the last 20 years that were post menopausal but now they say that the risks are too great for the actual benefits. the original study was flawed.
So unless and until we find concrete evidence that this in fact is a medical condition then I will continue to side with JAY. The psychiatric community recently changed homosexuality from abnormal and unhealthy behavior to a normal behavior and I do believe that this was done for political reasons. Besides, the fields of psychiatry tends to invent or label many conditions as diseases just so they can make a medical diagnoses and get paid by the insurance companies for making the diagnoses. An example of this in my opinion is the so called "learning disability." WTF is a freakin learning disability? Actually it is to let bad parents put the blame on a medical condition. When I was growing up the proper treatment for learning disability was a proper spanking and being grounded until your grades went up and it meant parent sat down with their children for hours after school tutoring their own kids. I have known many parents who are of foreign ethnicity who have had kids diagnosed with this "learning disability." These parents disciplined the hell out of their kids and made sure they graduated at the top of their classes. So to me a learning disability means that the kids is a fuckin' lazy bastard and his parents suck. I in the future plan on doing a study just on this topic of learning disability as soon as I can hire a pediatrician to join my practice. Will post results of my study in the next 5 years or so.
Thanks
post #78 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 07:06 AM
Membership withdrawn by request

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
An example of this in my opinion is the so called "learning disability." WTF is a freakin learning disability? Actually it is to let bad parents put the blame on a medical condition. When I was growing up the proper treatment for learning disability was a proper spanking and being grounded until your grades went up and it meant parent sat down with their children for hours after school tutoring their own kids. I have known many parents who are of foreign ethnicity who have had kids diagnosed with this "learning disability." These parents disciplined the hell out of their kids and made sure they graduated at the top of their classes. So to me a learning disability means that the kids is a fuckin' lazy bastard and his parents suck. I in the future plan on doing a study just on this topic of learning disability as soon as I can hire a pediatrician to join my practice.

WTF!
Dude you are out of luck you will have to go forth on your own with your practice as Dr Joseph Mengele is dead !
post #79 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 07:25 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1763 Post(s)
It is not learned or environmental, it is not from any type of abuse/neglect, or from single parents or gay parents; it is from your birth that you are made that way. And if you are not made that way or have no tendencies then it will be difficult for you to comprehend. You might fall prey to any ridiculous explanation that might sound reasonable in your mind but has no basis in reality or historical precedence.
BTW, the vast majority of souls swing both ways, they have a preference but they will go both ways if the situation arises.
post #80 of 139 (permalink) Old 10-18-2007, 07:37 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1967 Irish/ Pole
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Designo_E320 View Post
Thanks for the response. Actually from looking at your post count it seems that you are a fairly new member. ...
Why don't you just use the 'Date registered: Mar 2004' under nightbird's user name to stave off any unnecessarily speculation.

-Marty

"...pour out of one vessel into another; and as those old Romans robbed all the cities in the world, we skim the cream of other men's wits, pick the choice flowers of their tilled gardens to set our own sterile plots."
-a Richard Burton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in