Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle View Post
"But for Sanchez to come out, especially after his personal responsibility for atrocities a Abeu Grab, and attack the administration is 1.a marketplace or shopping quarter, esp. one in the Middle East. 2.a sale of miscellaneous contributed articles to benefit some charity, cause, organization, etc. 3.a store in which many kinds of goods are offered for sale; department store. and just plain wrong! "

Owkay.

That's it, in plain "American"

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 01:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Suggesting the Colon Powell could present a fair and balanced assessment of anything related to the Bush administration, especially the war in Iraq, is a bad joke. You are being facetious aren't you? And suggesting that Franks and Rumsfeld would deliberately w/hold anything requested by those on the ground in Iraq, is equally ridiculous. You jokers really ought to take your show on the road--or at least Comedy Central!
See, this is the problem with having a discussion with an avowed partisan, because you can't look past party lines in order to consider all sources of information. Powell is uniquely qualified to critique GWB on this one. You might remember Powell from such events as Desert Storm, back in 1992. He was the guy that helped assemble the largest military coalition in the history of the world, where nations contributed troops in a meaningful way, to remove Hussein from Kuwait and remove Hussein's ability to threaten his neighbors. He did this while working for GWB's dad.

Additionally, I am completely suggesting that Rumsfeld would withold both men and material because he was utterly convinced that the only way for US military to go in the future was a lean, mean, technology-driven enterprise. He wanted fast, mobile and responsive as opposed to slow and troop-heavy. Anyone who disagreed with that approach was sidelined. Rumsfeld set out to prove a point, and he was wrong. Powell, under GWHB, put 400,000 people in the desert to remove Hussein from Kuwait. How the hell did Rummy and Franks plan to take over and provide security for the whole nation of Iraq with only 1/3 the troop strength? If Rumsfeld followed this type of a plan, your nation would probably already be out of Iraq and on to other things, like Iran.

Read sources from both sides and make informed decisions yourself. It is called independent thought. All the cute little lists about Rep/Dem traits/beliefs, or cute little insulting pictures do is dumb down the discussion into a bumper sticker.
post #93 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 01:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlomon View Post
See, this is the problem with having a discussion with an avowed partisan, because you can't look past party lines in order to consider all sources of information. Powell is uniquely qualified to critique GWB on this one. You might remember Powell from such events as Desert Storm, back in 1992. He was the guy that helped assemble the largest military coalition in the history of the world, where nations contributed troops in a meaningful way, to remove Hussein from Kuwait and remove Hussein's ability to threaten his neighbors. He did this while working for GWB's dad.

Additionally, I am completely suggesting that Rumsfeld would withold both men and material because he was utterly convinced that the only way for US military to go in the future was a lean, mean, technology-driven enterprise. He wanted fast, mobile and responsive as opposed to slow and troop-heavy. Anyone who disagreed with that approach was sidelined. Rumsfeld set out to prove a point, and he was wrong. Powell, under GWHB, put 400,000 people in the desert to remove Hussein from Kuwait. How the hell did Rummy and Franks plan to take over and provide security for the whole nation of Iraq with only 1/3 the troop strength? If Rumsfeld followed this type of a plan, your nation would probably already be out of Iraq and on to other things, like Iran.

Read sources from both sides and make informed decisions yourself. It is called independent thought. All the cute little lists about Rep/Dem traits/beliefs, or cute little insulting pictures do is dumb down the discussion into a bumper sticker.
My problem is NOT being an "avowed partisan," I read many diverse sources for my information and believe I have a much better understanding of Colon Powell than some foreigner. My problem is trying to have a rational discussion w/ a kookberger from Canada. Now there's a bumper sticker for you...

Don't believe everything you think
post #94 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
My problem is NOT being an "avowed partisan," I read many diverse sources for my information and believe I have a much better understanding of Colon Powell than some foreigner. My problem is trying to have a rational discussion w/ a kookberger from Canada. Now there's a bumper sticker for you...

Does this ring a bell, grandpa?

Jayhawk
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
So what did you do as part of the solution? You think a vote for Shrub counts? Very funny indeed.

And name-calling is even less attractive...
post #95 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 01:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Ah yes, of course, thanks for clarifying what the real problem is. Something weird just happens when a non-American reads something that was written by an American, rendering it impossible to understand

If you understand him as well as you claim to, you could start by spelling his name properly. If the facts of your argument are strong on their own, then it wont be necessary to ridicule him in order to validate your point.
post #96 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 01:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlomon View Post
Ah yes, of course, thanks for clarifying what the real problem is. Something weird just happens when a non-American reads something that was written by an American, rendering it impossible to understand

If you understand him as well as you claim to, you could start by spelling his name properly. If the facts of your argument are strong on their own, then it wont be necessary to ridicule him in order to validate your point.
Colon is what always comes to mind when I think of that asshole...

post #97 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 03:02 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Not to JLomon and Deathrattle

And to others from Canada, Great Britain and countries that exist beyond the continental borders of the USA

Neither George W Bush, Dick Cheney or Jayhawk is IN ANY WAY representative of the mentality or thinking of the vast majority of decent Americans.

What an embarrassment <shudders>

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #98 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 03:49 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1967 Irish/ Pole
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade View Post
And to others from Canada, Great Britain and countries that exist beyond the continental borders of the USA

Neither George W Bush, Dick Cheney or Jayhawk is IN ANY WAY representative of the mentality or thinking of the vast majority of decent Americans.

Jay Hawk's line, between who is and who is not to be affirmed, is not drawn around US citizens. It's a subset.

-Marty

"...pour out of one vessel into another; and as those old Romans robbed all the cities in the world, we skim the cream of other men's wits, pick the choice flowers of their tilled gardens to set our own sterile plots."
-a Richard Burton
post #99 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 04:12 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Anyone want to bet that Jayhawk does not realize he is a mega radical and makes the so called radicals on here look tame?
post #100 of 105 (permalink) Old 10-16-2007, 04:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade View Post

What the hell would you know about the mentality or thinking of the vast majority of decent Americans?"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in