post #51 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 05:40 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Yes. He put his beliefs above his political ambitions back in 1991 when he first started on this [and was called ozone man by Bush1] and refused to stop banging the drum on a topic that he, and a lot of other folks believe is the most important subject that this planet will address this century.

Knowing the polls and the opposition would be harsh, he could have back burnered Climate Change prior to 2000 and fought a different election but chose to stick to his principles. When he lost he could have retreated from public view like many politicians who have had loses and let others take over. He ratcheted UP. He could have positioned himself for a run in 2008 with the Dems providing him a "payback" opportunity for 2000 but chose to continue to beat the drum for this message and stick to his principles.

The last two nights I have been having long conversations of the medical interactions between the thinking part of the brain and the thinking part of the heart and my interests are on the decision making differences, not the physiological differences. I think the last 15 years of Al Gore's life are a good example of someone who has thought with both his brain and his heart in guiding his moral compass.

Some denigrate the Nobel Prize as not a worthy consideration. They use Kissinger or Arafat as examples. Kissinger secretly went behind the scenes to negotiate directly with China and NVN to have things ready for Paris at great risk to his stature as a diplomat. Arafat defied much of the entire Arab people at great risk to his personal safety to try to bring peace to his area of the world. Did he succeed, no, did he put more on the table than anyone else, yes.
Now we can all denigrate the Nobel Prize as not worthy because they gave it to Algore! That works for me!!

Don't believe everything you think
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 05:43 PM
Moderately subtle

Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to edfreeman
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Yes. He put his beliefs above his political ambitions back in 1991 when he first started on this [and was called ozone man by Bush1] and refused to stop banging the drum on a topic that he, and a lot of other folks believe is the most important subject that this planet will address this century.

Knowing the polls and the opposition would be harsh, he could have back burnered Climate Change prior to 2000 and fought a different election but chose to stick to his principles. When he lost he could have retreated from public view like many politicians who have had loses and let others take over. He ratcheted UP. He could have positioned himself for a run in 2008 with the Dems providing him a "payback" opportunity for 2000 but chose to continue to beat the drum for this message and stick to his principles.

The last two nights I have been having long conversations of the medical interactions between the thinking part of the brain and the thinking part of the heart and my interests are on the decision making differences, not the physiological differences. I think the last 15 years of Al Gore's life are a good example of someone who has thought with both his brain and his heart in guiding his moral compass.

Some denigrate the Nobel Prize as not a worthy consideration. They use Kissinger or Arafat as examples. Kissinger secretly went behind the scenes to negotiate directly with China and NVN to have things ready for Paris at great risk to his stature as a diplomat. Arafat defied much of the entire Arab people at great risk to his personal safety to try to bring peace to his area of the world. Did he succeed, no, did he put more on the table than anyone else, yes.
Uhhhh . . . the man "reinvented" himself 2 or 3 times in 2000, ain't what I call sticking to his principles.

post #53 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 05:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
^^^^Well written Bear but I am not convinced on this climate change, personally believe it is ole Mother Earth at work, it has been documented that has happened before man came on the scene. Too bad none of us really know for another 20 or 30 years if it for real or a farce.

AS for Al Whore he lost me when he claimed to invent the internet and then all that crying about 2000
I'm w/ you bro! It is ol' Mother Nature, and ol' Algore is quoting weather forcasters who can't accurately forcast the weather next week--but they want you to believe they know what will happen a thousand years from now. Everyone really needs to get a grip!

post #54 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 05:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by edfreeman View Post
Uhhhh . . . the man "reinvented" himself 2 or 3 times in 2000, ain't what I call sticking to his principles.
And word is he is angling for a "Nobel Peace Prize" for inventing the Internet 2. I can hardly wait...

post #55 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 05:53 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
hahahahaha

post #56 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 05:54 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
nanananana

post #57 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 06:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite

OMG!

Hey bear: KY just beat #1 LSU 43-37!! That is incredible!!! You really should have been home for this one!

post #58 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 06:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
nanananana
There ya go...

post #59 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 06:05 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof View Post
nanananana
He is not running, Hillary wants this and he would never oppose her because she knows where the bodies are buried
post #60 of 85 (permalink) Old 10-13-2007, 06:13 PM
Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Hey bear: KY just beat #1 LSU 43-37!! That is incredible!!! You really should have been home for this one!
KY is a rather third-rate lubricant, but I'm glad they were able to pull-out a squeaker.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in