My little brush with death-or-4 wheelin' in an 18 wheeler - Page 4 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 12:59 PM Thread Starter
worst mod in BW history
Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
^ I've been looking for that picture for two years!!! Google has not been my friend.

Sponsored Links
post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 03:10 PM
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 982 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Originally Posted by deathrattle View Post
Nah, you'd be better off getting back into the music business.

Yep, he can join me, there always room for one more dancer

post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 03:18 PM
Date registered: Nov 2004
Vehicle: E55 ///AMG
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
I wondered what all the bullshit was in my rearview mirror.

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-15-2007, 04:23 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Originally Posted by ThrillKill View Post
Heh!! It's actually the air drier that releases moisture buildup in the air storage tanks. In the winter, that moisture would freeze up and you'd really be in a world of shit.

Jim, it's something that I have always wanted to do. I have several friends who are quite successful in the business so I knew about the pros and cons before I dove in. One of them liquidated his fleet to purchase pickup trucks and is now hauling new trailer homes around the country. I got 2 of his tractors for basically a song as truck prices go. I lease one out and drive the other. There are load brokerage firms all around the country who take a small percentage of the freight charge. At some point, I will probably sit in front of the computer all day in panties and a bra doing this myself but right now I'm enjoying the freedom of open road.
Cool! Sounds like a hell of a challenge, and I wish you all the luck. I am in the middle of a career change from being a technology manager in a defense oriented corporate world to developing a consulting business for advanced electric machinery/alternate energy source exploitation and development efforts. Much more interesting but there are some days I spend too much time on this site, and a lot more uncertainty from quarter to quarter.

I drove an 18 wheeler for about 3 miles around the washboard gravel roads in the Exxon/BP oil fields at Prudhoe Bay once. I wear glasses and the whole cab shook so violently my glasses started shaking and then the whole view out the windshield went nuts. I decided truck driving was probably not my bag then, although a paved road is likely quite different. Loads of gear shifting though, and a very narrow useful rpm band, with some adverse consequences of losing track of where you are in those boxes and what is coming next.

Good luck, Jim
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: