Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 960 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
The real Suicide Bomb

The real suicide bomb:

From NRO: Denial, England: Have we learned nothing? by Melanie Phillips. (via Banafsheh Zand-Bonazzi)

When I published my book Londonistan last year, I believed Britain was deeply in denial over the threat of radical Islamism. Today — six years after 9/11; two years after the 7/7 London suicide bombings; one year after the discovery of the al Qaeda transatlantic-airline plot; two months after the car-bomb attacks on a London nightclub and Glasgow airport — even with an apparently neverending procession of trials of British Islamist terrorists and with MI5 stating that it is monitoring no fewer than 200 U.K. Islamist terror groupings, 2,000 individual terrorists, and 30 known active major terrorist plots, Britain is still failing to acknowledge the true nature and scale of what it is facing and what needs to be done to counter it. ...
The biggest danger to the West is this climate of defeatism, appeasement, and cultural collapse now on display for the Islamists to see. This is the single biggest impetus to Islamist terrorism. We all have to grasp that terrorism is not the biggest threat we face. The biggest threat is the ideology that drives it. It’s not enough to fight terror, vital though that is. The principal battleground is the world of ideas, the battle for hearts and minds. The Islamists see this very clearly. They understand that psychological warfare — the fomenting of paranoia, resentment, hysteria, and demoralization — is their most effective weapon. If they can hijack the human mind to the cause of hatred and lies, they have an army; and if they can bamboozle and demoralize their victims, they will win.

Phillips says, "The liberal West, which worships at the shrine of reason, does not understand that ideas can kill." I disagree; it's the West's rejection of reason that has blinded it to threats by Islamic totalitarians, not an embrace of reason.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	05_07_20_RealSuicideBomb-X.gif
Views:	23
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	145346  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-09-2007, 11:50 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
I have read Londonistan just this year. It is a very well written fictional look at what it is like being a Pakistani in modern day London. Especially a teenage one and living near or in a council estate. (Or "housing project" as they say in "American".

By turns funny, horrifying, enthralling, edifying and entertaining, it is a MUST read.

I really recommend it.

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 06:39 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Time marches on. You can't fight demographics. The British carried on world wide colonialism and ended up with lots of high birth rate minorities that do not assimilate. Now its pay back time. What is the solution? There is none, these people are British subjects, where are they to be deported to? This is the future of Europe. America is not much different, it's just a Hispanic future instead. We refuse to institute any real solutions to change that outcome, such as national ID cards and throwing employers in prison, because the same forces that push the War in Iraq, super rich fascists, want them here to destroy the US Middle Class, a political force that has stood in their way towards world domination for the last sixty years.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 10-10-2007 at 06:44 AM.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Membership withdrawn by request

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
You know very well what will happen Kirk, you do know Europe's history, it's the inevitable , there will be a new fool in town to get the Nazi's up and dancing.
Attached Images

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 01:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: Bandwidth
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
heh, heh....The favourite American Hero USAma appears to have struck deep into the hearts of his devoted fan-clic! heh, heh.......
Attached Images

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 01:54 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1763 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
The real suicide bomb:

From NRO: Denial, England: Have we learned nothing? by Melanie Phillips. (via Banafsheh Zand-Bonazzi)

When I published my book Londonistan last year, I believed Britain was deeply in denial over the threat of radical Islamism. Today — six years after 9/11; two years after the 7/7 London suicide bombings; one year after the discovery of the al Qaeda transatlantic-airline plot; two months after the car-bomb attacks on a London nightclub and Glasgow airport — even with an apparently neverending procession of trials of British Islamist terrorists and with MI5 stating that it is monitoring no fewer than 200 U.K. Islamist terror groupings, 2,000 individual terrorists, and 30 known active major terrorist plots, Britain is still failing to acknowledge the true nature and scale of what it is facing and what needs to be done to counter it. ...
The biggest danger to the West is this climate of defeatism, appeasement, and cultural collapse now on display for the Islamists to see. This is the single biggest impetus to Islamist terrorism. We all have to grasp that terrorism is not the biggest threat we face. The biggest threat is the ideology that drives it. It’s not enough to fight terror, vital though that is. The principal battleground is the world of ideas, the battle for hearts and minds. The Islamists see this very clearly. They understand that psychological warfare — the fomenting of paranoia, resentment, hysteria, and demoralization — is their most effective weapon. If they can hijack the human mind to the cause of hatred and lies, they have an army; and if they can bamboozle and demoralize their victims, they will win.

Phillips says, "The liberal West, which worships at the shrine of reason, does not understand that ideas can kill." I disagree; it's the West's rejection of reason that has blinded it to threats by Islamic totalitarians, not an embrace of reason.
Damn this is getting old, I have to agree again. It is pretty simple stuff actually. If a bully threatens you or beats you up you MUST attack him back with enough force to prevent the bastard from ever thinking about it again, as this is the only thing a flawed mentality like that can understand. Our biggest failure in Iraq was not recognizing the need for overwhelming force and bloodshed, which is also the very reason we never should have attempted this. Now we have the worst of both worlds. An unstable middle east and a weakened morale at home and abroad.

Last edited by Shane; 10-10-2007 at 02:02 PM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 498 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
^ Attack what? There's no nation to invade. They have no pride or morality. They're a band of loosely-coordinated thugs who place so little value on life, that the precept of blowing themselves to bit for an ideal makes complete and total sense.

If I remember correctly, Osama bin Laden took matters into his own hands when his nation's government failed to act according to his vision.

Someone has to clamp down on him and people like him. It can either be Muslims, whose religion is being profaned by these barbarians, or it can be the rest of the world. I'll tell you this - if it comes down to individuals meting out vigilante justice, I can guarantee they'll be far less careful about who they shoot than US soldiers have been.

There will be no such thing as murder in a war of ideals, when the stakes are our very lives and souls.

I'm reminded of HHGTTG, and the story of how Earth became populated. Stories of impending planetary peril were broadcast, and massive evacuation plans were developed. A few space ships filled with people that nobody else on the planet could stand to live with anymore (for different reasons), crash landed here after either being sent first or becoming "separated" from the rest of the fleet.

I think Mars is a little closer to Allah than Earth...wonder how big a ship NASA could build.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 10:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: Bandwidth
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
^^^^^
heh, heh......absolute rubbish! Ignorance has no bounds! heh, heh......
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 12:25 AM
Always Remembered RIP

Luch with mc bear today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
Time marches on. You can't fight demographics. The British carried on world wide colonialism and ended up with lots of high birth rate minorities that do not assimilate. Now its pay back time. What is the solution? There is none, these people are British subjects, where are they to be deported to? This is the future of Europe. America is not much different, it's just a Hispanic future instead. We refuse to institute any real solutions to change that outcome, such as national ID cards and throwing employers in prison, because the same forces that push the War in Iraq, super rich fascists, want them here to destroy the US Middle Class, a political force that has stood in their way towards world domination for the last sixty years.
That is upsetting but absolutely true.

I had lunch with mc bear today in Sacramento and we were talking about America.

It could be the beginning of the decline of the American empire, its hegemony, whatever you want to call it.

He said, speaking as an IT expert, the Chinese could probably take out the USA in 30 minutes, by knocking out the internet, and maybe a laser blast at the satellites.

I thought that was not in their economic interest to do that and told him so.

He said the Americans are impatient. The Chinese in his opinion are not. He thinks their timeline bmight be about 300 years to take things over.

But we think this might be the beginning of the end of the USA as a world power.

Meanwhile the country is beginning a descent into fascism...

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 12:28 AM
Always Remembered RIP

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punjabi View Post
^^^^^
heh, heh......absolute rubbish! Ignorance has no bounds! heh, heh......
^^^^^ STFU, You are 99% a Troll.

At best, 1% lucid. (and that is being generous.)

Jim

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in