post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-10-2007, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
It's amazing how many people think Chris Matthews is a douchebag.

Google it. 51,800 matches. The connection between the two is uncanny.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 03:58 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
That's true, but I deliberately looked at frequency of mention in many stories rather than what people were saying about the candidates as a more objective measure of their success, rather than trying to interpret the comments through my own biased mind.
The disconnect between the media coverage of Ron Paul and his continually winning of these debates has been noted here.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 10:44 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
The disconnect between the media coverage of Ron Paul and his continually winning of these debates has been noted here.
OK dumbkoff, we'll try this one more time--and w/ a little more data: HE IS NOT WINNING ANYTHING. He is the "Republican" version of Howard dean, and he will not do nearly as well in the primaries as Dean did. His online-groupie-clones are trying to make it appear that he is winning. They sit around, 24 hours a day, repeatedly Googling his name to make it look like he is somebody. It is an illusion at best, perpetrated by a bunch of kids in social fora such as MySpace and Facebook. The base of his support comes from a constituency that is probably not old enough to vote, on average; and those that are old enough will probably not vote anyway because the demographics of kids voting are definitely against him ever getting even 5% of any national vote. He has never polled above 4% in any national survey and as time goes on that percentage is very likely to decrease, not increase.

Don't believe everything you think
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 10:54 AM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1275 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
OK dumbkoff, we'll try this one more time--and w/ a little more data: HE IS NOT WINNING ANYTHING. He is the "Republican" version of Howard dean, and he will not do nearly as well in the primaries as Dean did. His online-groupie-clones are trying to make it appear that he is winning. They sit around, 24 hours a day, repeatedly Googling his name to make it look like he is somebody. It is an illusion at best, perpetrated by a bunch of kids in social fora such as MySpace and Facebook. The base of his support comes from a constituency that is probably not old enough to vote, on average; and those that are old enough will probably not vote anyway because the demographics of kids voting are definitely against him ever getting even 5% of any national vote. He has never polled above 4% in any national survey and as time goes on that percentage is very likely to decrease, not increase.
Jay, I know that I am usually a smartass here but in all seriousness, I would like to know where or how that information is available. After watching the Morgan State Republican debate, I thought I did see some of what you are describing. I find the man interesting but come Primary time, I'd like to cast a meaningful vote and if what you say can be substantiated, I'd likely go another way. I know it looks like I'm too lazy to do my own research but you seem so convinced that I'd like to read or hear what you read and hear on this subject.

Would you be able to provide something that could help?

Thanks.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 11:05 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow View Post
Jay, I know that I am usually a smartass here but in all seriousness, I would like to know where or how that information is available. After watching the Morgan State Republican debate, I thought I did see some of what you are describing. I find the man interesting but come Primary time, I'd like to cast a meaningful vote and if what you say can be substantiated, I'd likely go another way. I know it looks like I'm too lazy to do my own research but you seem so convinced that I'd like to read or hear what you read and hear on this subject.

Would you be able to provide something that could help?

Thanks.
My sources are numerous and diverse, but the thing that triggered my rant today was a USA Today article: Paul campaign fueled by Web cash and savvy - USATODAY.com

Most of the stuff about his online-groupy-clones comes from a dozen or more blogs such as those on Digg, Drudge, etc...

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 12:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: May 2005
Vehicle: 1982 300CD
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
"He is the heir to the Howard Dean campaign in recognizing that individual donors talking to one another and building websites and blogging can do more for a campaign that any campaign staffer sitting in an office," said Andrew Rasiej, a former Dean adviser and TechPresident co-founder.

Sounds to me like people discussing ideas and drawing their own conclusions rather than sitting back and internalizing what the talking heads tell them to think.

And from this you gather that Ron Paul is like Howard Dean in that his campaign will implode?
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Look at this guy, and perhaps you'll be a little less confused.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is Kansas.

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-11-2007, 05:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregs300CD View Post
"He is the heir to the Howard Dean campaign in recognizing that individual donors talking to one another and building websites and blogging can do more for a campaign that any campaign staffer sitting in an office," said Andrew Rasiej, a former Dean adviser and TechPresident co-founder.

Sounds to me like people discussing ideas and drawing their own conclusions rather than sitting back and internalizing what the talking heads tell them to think.

And from this you gather that Ron Paul is like Howard Dean in that his campaign will implode?
Hey! You're not as dumb as you look...

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-12-2007, 04:02 AM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1275 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
My sources are numerous and diverse, but the thing that triggered my rant today was a USA Today article: Paul campaign fueled by Web cash and savvy - USATODAY.com

Most of the stuff about his online-groupy-clones comes from a dozen or more blogs such as those on Digg, Drudge, etc...
Thanks!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in