LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 08:42 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
Again, look at your own chart. I have no objection to your presenting the debt amounts for the four years. But what is clearly non-sensical is your putting growth percentages without consideration for inflation; your math is correct, but your purpose is rhetorical (and to be frank, partisan).

Your point would have been much more credible if you had left off the percentages and reiterated your oft-made argument about the amount of interest paid that distorts each years fiscal budget. .
The ENTIRE REASON for the little table was to provide accurate data for a comment that cmitch made Waaaaaay back on post #16. That was the sole reason for that specific set of data. Reagan Day1 to Clinton Day1; Clinton Day1 to Bush Day1; Bush Day1 to Current and all the correct amounts from Treasury and the exact percentages of increases.

If you look at the post, and the post that instigated it you will see that is was posted without comment.

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
post #52 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 07:18 AM
Moderately subtle
Date registered: Dec 2003
Vehicle: 94 E500, 97 500SL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Send a message via AIM to edfreeman
Originally Posted by bottomline1 View Post
You are a very unusual person if you lived this long without borrowing to buy a house or a car or some other expensive item. Even putting your gas on a credit card qualifies as deficit spending. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I expect that you have participated in deficit spending, whether you liked it or not.

Based on your rhetoric, you would have stopped fighting WWII when the gov't checkbook dried up instead of urging folks to "buy war bonds". You can call Ron Paul first before posting your answer.
I buy gas on a credit card for the rebate I receive, then I pay it in full each month. Who do you think is going to pay for the debt we've accumulated as a nation?

Last edited by edfreeman; 12-22-2008 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Had to add the quote, intervening posts.
post #53 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 07:34 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Gentlemen, when purchasing my fine products, I want all of you to know that your credit is good. Give the Ms. GermanStar and Ms. Freeman a special gift this Christmas, via our Magic Member Cream! The results are instanteous, but you only have days to act. And remember our slogan" "She just wants to Feel The Love!".

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #54 of 54 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 10:39 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1973 450 SL
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
^Seems like there should be a "truth in labelling" issue there.

Charter member of the Vast Rightwing Conspiracy and proud of it.

God Bless the America we're trying to create.
--Hillary Rodham Clinton
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: