Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1763 Post(s)
^sTarT oF WwII EmBrAcEd ThAt menTaliTy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 07:10 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanStar View Post
"Asian mentality" is irrelevant. If anyone comes along to intervene, it should be someone who has a vested interest in the situation. Sorry, but the whole "as long as there are dead Americans involved, it's fine with me" angle of yours is pretty silly. If you want to fix it, get off your lazy ass and fix it yourself.
As you said in your previous post the "regional players" should help out and become active, that would be where the Asian mentality would come in to play, sorry for having to point out such an obvious point. Point in case, Thailand's Ruling Military Junta have been chasitized for keeping such a low profile when talking about the subject of Burma and the atrocities taking place other Asian neighbors are speaking up but in a sedate way. China is the only one speaking with some authority but this is entirely from a business/captilistic point of view and not from a human riights point of view. The Chinese will not do anything to help the people of Burma, they are only looking after thier business interests.

As for my lazy ass, sorry I asked to be discharged today but the doctors declined, they actually said "The GermanStar can handle this situation with 1 hand tied behind his back"
post #33 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Such is the nature of life. Consider that all countries of the world are companies that both compete and rely on each other's patronage. Why should USA, Inc. get involved in Burma, Inc.? Where is the payoff for the USA stockholders? If China, Inc. has a vested interest, then they should take steps to protect those interests, up to and including a hostile corporate takeover.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #34 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 07:35 PM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Such is the nature of life. Consider that all countries of the world are companies that both compete and rely on each other's patronage. Why should USA, Inc. get involved in Burma, Inc.? Where is the payoff for the USA stockholders? If China, Inc. has a vested interest, then they should take steps to protect those interests, up to and including a hostile corporate takeover.
Oh come on GS, China and India is doing millions of dollars of business with the CEO's (Generals) of Burma, they are lining their pockets left right and center. Now what kind of business move would that be, this situation cannot be looked at as you posted above.
post #35 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 07:44 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Sounds like everyone is happy, so there is no problem after all. Personally, I couldn't care less, it's of no concern to the U.S., and that is the only point that matters. I think your new kidney is killing off your brain cells. The only known cure is a rare kind of amoeba. I can sell you some if you're interested.

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #36 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 08:02 PM
~BANNED~

Quote:
Sounds like everyone is happy, so there is no problem after all. Personally, I couldn't care less,
Well I don't know about that, seems those 10 people the military killed the first day might not be happy nor the Monks they beat the shit out of and then the 30 bodies seen laying on the sidewalk yesterday I bet they are not so well off either, glad to know you care though........
post #37 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 10:34 PM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 958 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade View Post
...which might be a be a much better idea for those wanting a regime change in Iran....by maybe letting or helping out the Iranians themselves in strategically taking out the revolutionary guards & mullahs, than bombing the $hit out of their country or invading it ourselves.....
The Revolutionary Guard structure, full name is Guardians of the Islamic Revolution of Iran,
consist of about 118,000 people. Most of them had little before, but have too much to lose now.
Only force will remove these people from power.
Unlike the Shah, who at the time was dropped like a hot potatoe, and even refused entry into the U.S.
post #38 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 11:15 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teutone View Post
The Revolutionary Guard structure, full name is Guardians of the Islamic Revolution of Iran,
consist of about 118,000 people. Most of them had little before, but have too much to lose now.
Only force will remove these people from power.
Unlike the Shah, who at the time was dropped like a hot potatoe, and even refused entry into the U.S.
118,000!!!! I did not know that there were so many of them.

Agreed that these people need to be be removed from power, what would be the best way to do it, then?

Force applied from within or from outside? How bloody would it be? (if the rev guards would only go down with guns blazing?)

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #39 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-28-2007, 11:24 PM
CH4S Artist

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 1985 500SEC, 1991 190E 2.6.
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 958 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
They control some of the logistics, and most of the ordinance / ammonition etc. for the rest of Iran's military, so there is zero chance of a military coup d'état.
post #40 of 76 (permalink) Old 09-29-2007, 05:15 AM
Membership withdrawn by request

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakarta Expat View Post
Well I don't know about that, seems those 10 people the military killed the first day might not be happy nor the Monks they beat the shit out of and then the 30 bodies seen laying on the sidewalk yesterday I bet they are not so well off either, glad to know you care though........
More little non rioting kids around the world die than the rioters of Burma everyday from land mines dumped helter skilter around the third world by the US , you could take a moral stand on that one , and the Muslims as a collective do fuck all for the poor of this world , they leave that one to whitie even when it's their own, they do how ever find time to blow up statues of Buddha just to keep those Monks happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in