BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
I know more than a few Dallas natives that moved to Atlanta when they were fresh out of the university. They liked it and some still live there but most thought Dallas was and is a better place to live overall. That should tell you something as Dallas and Atlanta are very similar, sister cities in many repects. Neither city is typically considered as nice as San Diego. Since you are now living in San Diego I would say move only if the new job gives a significant pay raise.
Thank you Shane, that will plant alot of thoughts in the brain. It was so much easier for me to move from New York to San Diego because I was in my early 20s at the time. Now that I am in my 30's I have to consider so many other things. I guess its going to boil down to whether I want to stay in a city with great whether, beautiful women and a very slowing economy and poor reality market. Atlanta has its ups, but I do know I have been spoiled with the beaches and sun, but when you start considering the next 15 years, retirement, investing, slowing things down, and housing become some of the biggest factors in ones living situation.

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 12:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2003
Vehicle: 2004 Lexus LS 430 Modern Luxury. 2012 Acura TSX (fun fun) Maybe MB again one day...
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
I thought you just said you weren't going to buy a home anytime soon? Why not just stay put in SD and watch the RE prices goes down? You'll have plenty of time. I'd stay in SD before going to Atlanta.
post #23 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyc280 View Post
I thought you just said you weren't going to buy a home anytime soon? Why not just stay put in SD and watch the RE prices goes down? You'll have plenty of time. I'd stay in SD before going to Atlanta.
Thank you for reply, true indeed I wont be buying anytime soon. But I have been the type to consider down the line say 15 to 20 years from now. Current market trends and flux of cost of living has me considering options. I am a firm believer in planning, but we all cant do so with ease in some cases. Considering market trends drives me to wonder were we will be in 20 years considering the war, reality, fed rates, consumer debt ect... I know it may be to much thinking in the end, but considering I got out of New York before the reality market inflated and there was a slowing in the economy at the same time, which drove the rental market sky high, I consider my self lucky to have caught the warning signs.

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
post #24 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 01:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybydesignw210 View Post
The you for the advise. The reason why I didnt want to drive it down there was because if I do take it down there, I would not drive it during the winter, I would keep it garaged during winter and rainy days, and buy a get a round for bad wheather days. To be honest, I dont know if I have the patience for driving that far. I took GreyHound from New York to San Diego to do the cross country thing, which was both exciting and stressful.

FTL, I am surprised you feel this way. I was planning on buying stock in FTP Enterprises when I move my nest egg to ATL, but now I must reconsider...LOL...FTL, can you explain alittle on why you wouldnt move there? Did you have a personal bad experience.
FTP Enterpries? You mean my competitor, Feel The Pain? Oh, you sicko, yes you do deserve to live in Atlanta.

1> People from Georgia suck
2> Atlanta is the most crime-ridden city in the country
3> The traffic is a nightmare
4> The airport is the worst in the world
5> Both Newt Gingrich and Mercedes Shop call it home.
6> The white people hate the black people almost as much as the black people hate them.
7> The place is being invaded by fucking Mexicans.
8> The food is food eaten by Georgia crackers, soaked in animal fat before they butter it real good.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #25 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 01:09 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
I know more than a few Dallas natives that moved to Atlanta when they were fresh out of the university. They liked it and some still live there but most thought Dallas was and is a better place to live overall. That should tell you something as Dallas and Atlanta are very similar, sister cities in many repects. Neither city is typically considered as nice as San Diego. Since you are now living in San Diego I would say move only if the new job gives a significant pay raise.
Yes, that should tell you something, because Dallas is the asshole of Texas, so if Atlanta isn't as nice....

I don't know why you brag on that place Shane, it has the worst weather in the US, no ocean or even a decent lake other than mud-bottomed prairie pits, a drab, monotonous landscape and some of the snootiest people in the country. The streets are a freaking screaming nightmare of congestion, and people drive like god damned fools as the pour ever more carbon monoxide into their thermally inverted shitosphere. Yes, a wonderful place. If you are going to live in a city in Texas, there is only one to live in: Austin. Houston sucks too, but at least you can go for a swim from an oil-slick encrusted beach among three eyed fish and dolphins with mustaches.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 09-27-2007 at 01:15 PM.
post #26 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
FTP Enterpries? You mean my competitor, Feel The Pain? Oh, you sicko, yes you do deserve to live in Atlanta.

1> People from Georgia suck
2> Atlanta is the most crime-ridden city in the country
3> The traffic is a nightmare
4> The airport is the worst in the world
5> Both Newt Gingrich and Mercedes Shop call it home.
6> The white people hate the black people almost as much as the black people hate them.
7> The place is being invaded by fucking Mexicans.
8> The food is food eaten by Georgia crackers, soaked in animal fat before they butter it real good.

, FTL, your funny in your candidness. I apreciate your feed back, even if it is on the downside of life...I will still consider your feed back as it is your true experience.

Thank you

post #27 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 01:42 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove View Post
Yes, that should tell you something, because Dallas is the asshole of Texas, so if Atlanta isn't as nice....

I don't know why you brag on that place Shane, it has the worst weather in the US, no ocean or even a decent lake other than mud-bottomed prairie pits, a drab, monotonous landscape and some of the snootiest people in the country. The streets are a freaking screaming nightmare of congestion, and people drive like god damned fools as the pour ever more carbon monoxide into their thermally inverted shitosphere. Yes, a wonderful place. If you are going to live in a city in Texas, there is only one to live in: Austin. Houston sucks too, but at least you can go for a swim from an oil-slick encrusted beach among three eyed fish and dolphins with mustaches.
Dallas is better than Houston, don't kid yourself, by why are we dwelling on such poor weather places? Austin is by far the best big town to live in Texas, but congestion there is far worse than Dallas or Houston. I have not been to Atlanta in recent years so I have no clue as to the traffic there, but I hear it is horrible as well. The best big town I hear nice things about now is Portland, Salt Lake, and Raleigh/Durham. I am over big towns anyway, it is the small, university ones that do it for me.
post #28 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 01:55 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Shit man, I don't know what part of Dallas you drive in, but it ain't the north side of town or Garland. Dallas is a place for insane people. The best big towns are IMO, are all out on the West coast with the exception of Boston, MA. Salt Lake and Raleigh? Yeah, if you think the earth was created 6,000 years ago with the help of the Angel Moroni and don't mind a side of cigarette fumes with your dinner, you'll be right at home. And which Portland, the cute one in Maine or the pretty one sitting under the most active volcanic zone in the US?

Last edited by FeelTheLove; 09-27-2007 at 01:59 PM.
post #29 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 01:55 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 97'C280
Atlanta is nice....BUT it's a LOT of gays that live there.
post #30 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 02:08 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
^BAHAHAHAHWAWAWAWAWAAAA!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in