BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jan 2007
Vehicle: My Two Left Feet
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by missinlinc View Post
Only move there if I can come with you!!! LOL!!! Just kidding. Atlanta is a GREAT place! And the female to male ratio is CRAZY!!! A single man would LOVE Atlanta!!!
LOL, thats a good one. When I was there I loved the greenery. People were very pleasant for the most part. What makes it hard to choose is because if I say OK I will move there will be months of work involved to make such a move.

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
I like Atlanta alot. Traffic can be very bad if you don't know the area or skim. If you know your way around and where you are going, it is much easier.

Real Estate prices will blow you away compared to SD or NYC. The 600K that you would spend for a 2500sqft house in the SD or NYC burbs will get you ACRES to play with in Georgia.

And Jonathan [jhodg5ck] who owns AMG East is the perfect person to handle all your wrenching needs.

Taxes are low, insurance rates for your car will be lower, as pointed out earlier F:M ratio is VERY advantageous. Great social events, good MB group, Road Atlanta, 5 hours from the beach, 4 from the Smokey Mountains. Overall a very good metropolitan city.

See its these kinds of statements that make me wanna do it. I wouldnt have a problem getting a good job, because of what I do so income wont be an issue. The housing market out there is good, but I wont buy any time soon do to the fact that I dont have kids, and am not married, but in that event I would want to do it in an area where I can actualy purchase with ease and I heard you can get a 5 bedroom for a good price out there. once again I thank ya'll for responding because it is something that is one my mind heavily

3. Paul Hamm, Gymnast: I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.
post #13 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 11:19 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I also appreciated the city's commitment to 'invisible policing'
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	011.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	143333  
post #14 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle View Post
I also appreciated the city's commitment to 'invisible policing'
LOLOLOL

post #15 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
I have a question, should I ship my car down to ATL if I move or just sell it before hand and buy one out there? I realy like her alot, but when I was there I saw so many MB's of all models. Just wondering what ya'll think.

post #16 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 09:28 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Feb 2003
Vehicle: 2001 Jaguar XJR, 1994 E320(sold)
Drive it out there, its a nice drive. I have done a few trips from Ca to IL(I buy all my cars from "clean" states). Besides, you know the history of your car and know that it hasnt seen salt.

My Car WOO HOO...... Now SOLD
New car.... 2001 Jaguar XJR!!!!

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
post #17 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 09:32 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Why wouldn't you just drive it?

I would prefer an older car that had spent its days in a desert climate better than the humidity of GA.

Do they salt the roads in ATL in winter? If they do, that knocks the shit out of cars.
post #18 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 09:33 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybydesignw210 View Post
I am strongly considering moving to Atlanta. I live in San Diego, and like it alot. I am from New York, and have been here the past 6 years. I am now considering moving to Atlanta and want to know what ya'll think. I like it alot, and as a single man, no kids would this be a place for me? Thanks for your input.
Atlanta sucks, I wouldn't live in that shit hole unless I was certified crazy.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #19 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
The you for the advise. The reason why I didnt want to drive it down there was because if I do take it down there, I would not drive it during the winter, I would keep it garaged during winter and rainy days, and buy a get a round for bad wheather days. To be honest, I dont know if I have the patience for driving that far. I took GreyHound from New York to San Diego to do the cross country thing, which was both exciting and stressful.

FTL, I am surprised you feel this way. I was planning on buying stock in FTP Enterprises when I move my nest egg to ATL, but now I must reconsider...LOL...FTL, can you explain alittle on why you wouldnt move there? Did you have a personal bad experience.

post #20 of 64 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 10:01 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1762 Post(s)
I know more than a few Dallas natives that moved to Atlanta when they were fresh out of the university. They liked it and some still live there but most thought Dallas was and is a better place to live overall. That should tell you something as Dallas and Atlanta are very similar, sister cities in many repects. Neither city is typically considered as nice as San Diego. Since you are now living in San Diego I would say move only if the new job gives a significant pay raise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in