the beauty of Gun ownership (2nd amendment - Page 18 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #171 of 175 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Jillian80 View Post
Do a bunch of shit-fingered back issues of Guns and Ammo festering in your toilet really count as a library?

He's such a dick.

Your wit is sharper then mine.

Sponsored Links
post #172 of 175 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 01:27 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member
Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: Looking to pop my Unimog cherry
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Originally Posted by NZ Benz View Post
Sorry a further edit, and in my limited understanding of your constitution doesn't the 2nd amendment state something about a well regulated militia being needed for times of unrest? How are you yourself and all the other un-licenced/un-registered gun owners with some nuts thrown in well regulated? I don't think it is or ever was supposed to be a mandate for individual vigilantism.
"Well regulated" at the time the Second amendment was written meant "well trained" or able to hit what they shot at. "Militia" meant able bodied citizen.
post #173 of 175 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 01:34 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I always thought that "Well Regulated" part had to do with eating oatmeal and 12 Grain breads and all that. Maybe it was a misinterpretation.

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #174 of 175 (permalink) Old 09-25-2007, 02:53 PM
Surely A Large Human
Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Originally Posted by Abiqua View Post
"Well regulated" at the time the Second amendment was written meant "well trained" or able to hit what they shot at. "Militia" meant able bodied citizen.
And "all men are created equal" didn't include blacks. What's your point?
post #175 of 175 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 09:47 AM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 2014 E250 Bluetec 4-Matic, 1983 240D 4-Speed
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)

I watched the tail end of a story on the news last night about the Miami police department issuing their standard patrol cops automatic weapons to give them a fighting chance against the nasties roaming the streets with automatic weapons. They showed a resident who has armed himself with automatic weapons because he says the neighborhoods are crawling with them, and he needs several to defend his household. All but the cops get theirs on the street for several hundred bucks a pop. Illegal, likely stolen, etc. Seems to be the opinion of the police chief as well. Hardly a response you would find necessary for less than one percent of the gun toting population of the nation, unless the problem is bigger than that. Or so it seems to me. Make the manufacturers liable for damages resulting from their products that are not transfered through official, documented channels, then the new owners and so on. No innocent person should be harmed by anyone else's carelessness with gun manufacturing, sales, and ownership. Responsible owners should agree, it is their responsibility to safeguard their weapons. And the NRA should take a proactive stance on limiting the escalation of weapons technology being made available to the general public under the guise of the second amendment of the Constitution. Same logic for ammo manufacturers and distributors. No logical reason why an automatic weapon is cheaper on the street than the cops can buy one from a legitimate source. Jim
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: