post #151 of 175 (permalink) Old 09-22-2007, 11:02 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine_coon View Post
I truly regret California laws don't allow me to own Walther P9.
Why can't you own a WW2 era Walther P9? I am assuming you are talking about the vestpocket 25ACP.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 175 (permalink) Old 09-22-2007, 11:16 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear View Post
Why can't you own a WW2 era Walther P9? I am assuming you are talking about the vestpocket 25ACP.
For starters maine_coon lives in San Francisco.

In that moderately benighted city of about 550,000 souls, there were at last count, less than eight (yes, 8) CCW permits issued. Superior Court judges got most of them. I lived there myself till not long ago and I personally know that to be true.

It is definately not Kentucky there. Does that help?

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #153 of 175 (permalink) Old 09-22-2007, 11:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I think he has CA and SF gun laws mixed up.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #154 of 175 (permalink) Old 09-22-2007, 11:21 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade View Post
For starters maine_coon lives in San Francisco.

In that moderately benighted city of about 550,000 souls, there were at last count, less than eight (yes, 8) CCW permits issued. Superior Court judges got most of them. I lived there myself till not long ago and I personally know that to be true.

It is definately not Kentucky there. Does that help?
I understand CCW but he said "own".

But wow, only 8 permits. So nobody is carrying in SF. Must be a pretty safe place there.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #155 of 175 (permalink) Old 09-22-2007, 11:29 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Guns not really needed there IMO

Quote:
I understand CCW but he said "own".

But wow, only 8 permits. So nobody is carrying in SF. Must be a pretty safe place there.
Surprisingly, it really is. I lived there continuously for over 25 years, till fairly recently. And nothing untowards EVER happened to me. Not ever. And I walked a LOT.

A little common sense was all it took, be aware of what is happening around, and you just avoid a few certain areas. Piece of cake.

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #156 of 175 (permalink) Old 09-22-2007, 11:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Surprisingly, it really is. I lived there continuously for over 25 years, till fairly recently. And nothing untowards EVER happened to me. Not ever. And I walked a LOT.

A little common sense was all it took, be aware of what is happening around, and you just avoid a few certain areas. Piece of cake.
I have done biz in SF often [more before the dot.com bust] and never had an issue there. I kept a bike at a friends house in the Castro district and she and I would commute daily to work.

I would head back out that way to live again but the price differential is very annoying to me. For the price of a 2500sqft house in a fairly good area I can buy a 40 acre farm with a new house to my design specs.

McBear,
Kentucky

post #157 of 175 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 06:29 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
No, you didn't, and I am quite aware of that song and the Movie "Apocalypse Now" from whence Bruce R. adopted the slogans "Happiness is a Warm Gun" (listening to the lyrics gives an insight into the minds of gun fanatics) and "I love the smell of gunpowder (napalm, in the movie) in the morning" followed by the phrase "Works for me" as a concise statement of his personal philosophy and everything he believes in.

He was NOT being funny, (he is notoriously humourless, and most especially so on the issue of guns)... or trying to be too clever by half, as he isn't really that intelligent or witty.

Guns, weapons, dropping bombs and shooting stuff and talking about it are his entire life, the reason for his existence. It is deadly serious stuff to him, and no laughing matter.
I read this cascade, and had to laugh. It shows how little you know me, and how some here, and in particular you, "pigeon hole" people.
As to the Beatles song, I wasn’t aware that that phrase was in any of their lyrics. I do not and never did, think much of them and avoided their tunes whenever possible. The phrase from "Apocalypse Now" was and is a joke, whether you think so or not.

As to the point of being neither intelligent or witty, well, I’ll be happy to put my IQ up against yours any day of the week.
In any event being intelligent or witty clearly isn’t much in vogue on this site, as it is clear that few would fit that description well at all.

As to what is serious to me, the Constitution is very high among those things, people have fought and died for it, and there are VERY few here that have a clue as to just what that means. I believe that you are in the forefront of those that don’t have a clue. You talk up a blue streak, and that’s about all, when it comes to put up or shut up, you run away and look for someone else to do your dirty work for you…… That is all too typical of those from the land of fruits and nuts.

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #158 of 175 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 06:54 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine_coon View Post
I truly regret California laws don't allow me to own Walther P9.
Sorry, what's a Walther P 9? There's an H&K P9, a Kahr P9, and a Walther P99, but there's no official reference to a Walther P9 that I can find in my library or on the web.
I did however find a sort side note that some MIGHT refer to the Walther P99 as a P 9, but that is not considered as 100% accurate.
I happen to have a Walther P 99 in .40 S&W, a fine shooter.

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #159 of 175 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 07:06 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
From what I have seen, the only thing a .25 ACP is good for is to pi$$ someone else off really bad.... In spite of what Wiki states, the .25 ACP is NOT considered anything more than an annoyance unless someone gets very lucky, or unlucky, as the case presents itself. The .22 LR is a more serious threat, and more reliable, by most.
Is this what you were thinking about:
Modern Firearms - Walther PP PPK and PPK/S pistol
The site is reasonably accurate.........

Vladimir Putin

Paul Harvey 8/31/94

Justice Clarence Thomas
post #160 of 175 (permalink) Old 09-23-2007, 08:58 AM
Always Remembered RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R. View Post
I read this cascade, and had to laugh. It shows how little you know me, and how some here, and in particular you, "pigeon hole" people.
It is very true that people have little to go on around here except their on line personalities. Who is to say you are not a nice guy in person?

Quote:

As to the Beatles song, I wasn’t aware that that phrase was in any of their lyrics. I do not and never did, think much of them and avoided their tunes whenever possible.
I am somehow not surprised; The "Horst Wessel Lied" is more up your alley.

Or maybe this
YouTube - WWJD (a music video)

but you should read the lyrics in the whole song if you are going to crib some of them -

http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/Bea...-Warm-Gun.html

Quote:
The phrase from "Apocalypse Now" was and is a joke, whether you think so or not.
Oh I believe you mean it, all right! However, anyone who thinks burning things up with Napalm is FUNNY, has a pretty strange sense of humour.

Quote:
As to the point of being neither intelligent or witty, well, I’ll be happy to put my IQ up against yours any day of the week.
Go for it. My active Mensa membership number is #B011670, what is yours?

Quote:
In any event being intelligent or witty clearly isn’t much in vogue on this site, as it is clear that few would fit that description well at all.
Oh my paws and whiskers. Good heavens!

You must have missed DIG, BNZ, Deathrattle, VV, Thrillkill,Jillian80, teutone,
JimSmith, mcbear, FTL, QBNCGAR and many others. They are REALLY intelligent and witty and take things for what they are. It is what keeps me here.

Laugh your aZZ off, learn a lot and have fun!!

Quote:

As to what is serious to me, the Constitution is very high among those things, people have fought and died for it, and there are VERY few here that have a clue as to just what that means. I believe that you are in the forefront of those that don’t have a clue.
You are "out of ammunition" when you resort to remarks like that.

[/QUOTE]
You talk up a blue streak, and that’s about all, when it comes to put up or shut up, you run away and

look for someone else to do your dirty work for you
…… That is all too typical of those from the land of fruits and nuts.[/QUOTE]

What response do you seek to elicit? "I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees?'

You are the guy who posted here the other day that the Iraqi insurgents really ought to come out from behind the skirts of the women and children they are hiding behind, AND INTO THE STREETS AND FIGHT LIKE A MAN!!

muahahahahahaha

Ahh yes, I remember now, you were MERCILESS in keeping after me as to where I had travelled in the world, until I finally 'fessed up and told you.

Thank you for bombing Vietnam. SOMEbody had to do it I guess.

Jim

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in