Bush setting America up for war with Iran - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 01:27 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
So how many of our OT members are aged 20-36?

If we can just get all the NeoCon Bushies to either join up, get their sons and daughters or grandsons and granddaughters to join up, we MIGHT not need the draft to crank up again. I think its time to put up or shut up.

You have a Republican Congressman or Senator that has kids and grandkids that are not in the service, ask your media to find out why they aren't supporting their President. Call every day.

Otherwise, boys and girls, if Iran becomes more than a surgical strike [and I am betting they won't roll easily], then we will have a solid war zone that will stretch from Syria in the East to Afghanistan in the West. If Israel is pulled in, the zone moves from the Mediterranean to Tora Bora.

Now that will ripple some karma.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 03:29 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
It would be unsurprising and in character if Bush bombs or invades Iran

Since it is clearly obvious by now that President Bush acts on what HE THINKS is right, without any regard whatsoever, to what his advisors, the judiciary, the congress, or the public thinks, so he would do it if he decides he wants to.

A fake, trumped excuse of some sort would be manufactured, just like before.

2009 is a long time away.

He has made it abundantly clear that he is going to do exactly what HE personally wants to do, and any mess that is made, will be for his successor to clean up.

He believes himself to be accountable to no one, and acts accordingly.

Nothing short of impeachment, conviction and removal from office and imprisonment will stop Bush and Cheney at this point. Anything less than that misses the point completely.

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 05:07 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I don't want them imprisoned. It will be a vacation for them.

As a CiC, the punishment of treason for him and the Dick is firing squad. I want them to pay with their bloods. Nothinng short of that will satisfy me.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 05:39 PM
Designo_E320

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
What is the age limit for the draft?
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 05:40 PM
Designo_E320

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
So how many of our OT members are aged 20-36?

If we can just get all the NeoCon Bushies to either join up, get their sons and daughters or grandsons and granddaughters to join up, we MIGHT not need the draft to crank up again. I think its time to put up or shut up.
Well said . Would never happen as they are just a bunch of pussies with diarrhea of the mouths
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 05:57 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2005
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow, even your avatar yawns when you post......
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 09:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Designo_E320
What is the age limit for the draft?
If done the way it was last time, they start with the 19YOs and start working up through about 34. They take volunteers up to 43 in the National Guard right now and are unable to meet numbers in most states.

Back in the 60s and 70s one of the ways that the local Selective Service Board would fill its numbers would have local judges make judicial decisions/sentencing based on volunteering for the service. Sort of "you can volunteer for the Army for 3 years OR 12 months in the clink". The higher numbers of volunteers in an area kept the draft numbers for that area down. Of course it put marginal volunteers in the infantry. This only worked for the Army since the rest of the branches were volunteer already and actually had standards.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-17-2007, 10:19 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Originally Posted by elau
I don't want them imprisoned. It will be a vacation for them.

As a CiC, the punishment of treason for him and the Dick is firing squad. I want them to pay with their bloods. Nothinng short of that will satisfy me.
Given their present trajectory it would not surprise me if a lot more people joined you in that way of thinking within another year or so

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 09:20 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I would even volunteer to pay for all the bullets out of my tax dollars.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-18-2007, 01:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Dec 2006
Vehicle: 2013 VW Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2011 Mazda 2, 2000 E320 4Matic Wagon (retired),1994 C280 (retired)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elau
I would even volunteer to pay for all the bullets out of my tax dollars.
You would probably have to buy them from a Haliburton-related company. They were awarded the contract for the Presidential/Vice-presidential executions. There was no tender/RFP process.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in