post #51 of 212 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 07:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chill_babe
I've never been to Chicago, but I'm supposed to go there pretty soon, to meet up with a friend. But I was trying to figure out the cheapest way to get there from St. Louis, and me being a girl, and I would be traveling alone. I'm thinking flying there would be the best and safest option. What areas of Chicago are bad?
Southwest Airlines into Midway, booked 14 days in advance, cheap.

You can pretty much get raped or killed anywhere in Chicago.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 212 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 07:59 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: C230
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerkebi
Drive. Stay at the Drake. Go to the Cape Cod Room. Get the Bookbinder soup. (I thought he wanted to take you to Vegas.)
dangit nothing gets passed you still on for Vegas
post #53 of 212 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 07:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBenz94
I too would drive. And like mentioned above, try priceline or something of that sort. For the most part Chicago is overpriced. Try any of the burbs that put in about 45 min of drive time.
Drive? Nah, fly into Midway, rent a car from Enterprise. I agree with the rest, head west. Go to mine and Germanstar's favorite town, Downer's Grove. It's right past Quaalade Hills.

This is my favorite hotel, I always stay there when I am in Chicago, it's in Oakbrook:

Holiday Inn OAKBROOK TERRACE Hotels | CHICAGO OAKBROOK | Welcome

Next door is Vic's Italian Steakhouse, where you will have the finest Italian food you ever ate in your entire life. The waiters even hold up a sheet between tables if the gumba in the next booth is getting whacked.

About $150 a night, not bad for a first class luxury hotel in Chicagoland. If you want cheap, just drive past it heading west, on the same street when you get into Lombard there is a Holiday Inn Express and Comfort Inn that are about half that.

I like to stay in that area because if you turn east on 22nd Street (the street the hotel is on) you get to drive through some pretty neat parts of Chicago. La Grange is a cool little town, and there are lots of great shops and resturants, and it ends in the Grant Park area.

The number one thing you should see is the Art Institute of Chicago. It is one of the greatest art collections on Planet Earth, period.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

post #54 of 212 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 08:01 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
well you got the Republican part right

but I'm kinda Liberal at some things
Well. I do have a special "Feel The Love" discount on a hotel room.

post #55 of 212 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
I always recommend staying in town, right near Michigan Ave. All the good stuff in Chicago is going to be in the City. Knickerbocker Hotel is nice, you should like the shopping, Neiman Marcus is just down the street on the Miracle Mile [Michigan Ave] [some of the best shopping short of Rodeo Drive], Rush Street is the Party/Bar area about 4 blocks west and rocks until 3am.

Gino's is the PIZZA joint you want to go to. Behind Neiman Marcus on Huron.

Marriott is also pretty nice on Michigan Ave, right by the river.

For things to do, if you get a chance to take the river cruise that coincides with sunset, do it. Get the tour that does the river and then goes out past the piers and into the lake and does the turnaround. The skyline at sunset is knockout. The Art Museum is VERY good. Worth a day.
hmm...well my uncle has timeshare in Marriott, so maybe I'll call him up haha. Yah I'm sure (we'll) be hitting up Rush Street. He's been there he knows, but I was trying to be knowledgeable beforehand thanks for the tips!
post #56 of 212 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 08:03 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Southwest Airlines into Midway, booked 14 days in advance, cheap.

You can pretty much get raped or killed anywhere in Chicago.
Good point. She should not come within 50 milles of my house. I surgically removed one of my dogs noses and grafted it to my face. I can smell pussy from the next town over. I'm that creature all the people been talkin' about.

post #57 of 212 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 08:04 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
thanks I'm thinking I'll be taking I55 North, although I don't really take 55 around here that often, but I know OF it....so yes the navi will definitely help me, it also talks to me, so I can talk back too haha
If you drive into Chicago you will regret the living shit out of doing it. The only people who do do it, are fucking nuts. Mark my words. Coming in from the south is beyond crazy, its insane.

post #58 of 212 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 08:05 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Drive? Nah, fly into Midway, rent a car from Enterprise. I agree with the rest, head west. Go to mine and Germanstar's favorite town, Downer's Grove. It's right past Quaalade Hills.

This is my favorite hotel, I always stay there when I am in Chicago, it's in Oakbrook:

Holiday Inn OAKBROOK TERRACE Hotels | CHICAGO OAKBROOK | Welcome

Next door is Vic's Italian Steakhouse, where you will have the finest Italian food you ever ate in your entire life. The waiters even hold up a sheet between tables if the gumba in the next booth is getting whacked.

About $150 a night, not bad for a first class luxury hotel in Chicagoland. If you want cheap, just drive past it heading west, on the same street when you get into Lombard there is a Holiday Inn Express and Comfort Inn that are about half that.

I like to stay in that area because if you turn east on 22nd Street (the street the hotel is on) you get to drive through some pretty neat parts of Chicago. La Grange is a cool little town, and there are lots of great shops and resturants, and it ends in the Grant Park area.

The number one thing you should see is the Art Institute of Chicago. It is one of the greatest art collections on Planet Earth, period.
wow you travel to Chicago often? I've only been to London once oh talking about Art galleries, have you ever been to the "Chateau" I think it's called? A HUGE castle like structure built over a body of water? That was damn nice!!

WAIT??!! I just looked at your avatar...I thought you were from London??
post #59 of 212 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 08:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
I always recommend staying in town, right near Michigan Ave. All the good stuff in Chicago is going to be in the City. Knickerbocker Hotel is nice, you should like the shopping, Neiman Marcus is just down the street on the Miracle Mile [Michigan Ave] [some of the best shopping short of Rodeo Drive], Rush Street is the Party/Bar area about 4 blocks west and rocks until 3am.

Gino's is the PIZZA joint you want to go to. Behind Neiman Marcus on Huron.

Marriott is also pretty nice on Michigan Ave, right by the river.

For things to do, if you get a chance to take the river cruise that coincides with sunset, do it. Get the tour that does the river and then goes out past the piers and into the lake and does the turnaround. The skyline at sunset is knockout. The Art Museum is VERY good. Worth a day.
That's good advice. Keep it all right in that area, don't go wandering around, you will love it.

post #60 of 212 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
If you drive into Chicago you will regret the living shit out of doing it. The only people who do do it, are fucking nuts. Mark my words. Coming in from the south is beyond crazy, its insane.
so....I should fly and then rent a car or what??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in