post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Politics got you Down? Vaffanculo-day. FnA

I'm trying to find a down side to this. Nothing comes to mind.

Rude-word campaign rocks Italy's political classes

Sun Sep 9, 2007 5:43PM BST

By Robin Pomeroy

ROME (Reuters) - An Italian comedian's campaign using a rude word to tell off politicians has won the support of more than 300,000 Italians who signed petitions to sweep away a generation of lawmakers they say are corrupt and ineffective.

Popular comic Beppe Grillo has sent shock waves through the political system with the level of support for his campaign which, if successful, would bar convicted felons from parliament and would limit politicians' careers to two terms in office.

An estimated 40,000 people attended Grillo's rally in Bologna on Saturday and many more went to hundreds of similar "Vaffanculo-day" protests around the country. The word is the Italian equivalent of the "f"-word in English.

Gaining grassroots support via his website, one of Italy's most popular blogs, the 57-year-old comic said Italy needed a radical break from what he said was the political mismanagement of Italy since the end of fascism and World War Two.

"Nothing has changed since 1943. Then the king fled a nation in disarray, today politicians barricade themselves in palaces immersed in 'cultural' issues," said Grillo who, by the end of the protest in the early hours of Sunday claimed at least 300,000 signatures to his petition.

The manifesto contains three points: no one with criminal records should be allowed in parliament; a maximum of two terms for any parliamentarian; and lawmakers should be elected directly, not by the current party list system.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 03:14 PM
Membership withdrawn by request

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Nice find McBear :)

It's thought that swearing first began as a form of 'word magic', connected to religion, in early civilisations. People were more likely to believe in divine beings who had the power to punish them. So people called on divine beings in order to curse people they didn't like. This became a tabooed use of language, and sometimes, just saying the name of the divine being was tabooed.

In Norse cultures, swearing, or 'flyting' as it was known, was a form of ritualistic entertainment. People would show off their creative skills, inventing clever insults for each other, in front of an appreciative audience. There's also a theory that swear-words are kept in a different part of the brain to other words, and these words come out automatically when we're very angry or emotional in some way - for example, if we hit our finger with a hammer. Some people who have damage to a part of the brain which means that they can't use language, can still swear. Tourette's syndrome, which is associated with people swearing uncontrollably, is also connected to damage in a part of the brain which is to do with control and inhibition. If our brains do have this special place which is reserved for swearing, then perhaps we have evolved swearing in our brains for a useful purpose - as an alternative to responding with violence when we get angry.

Campaigns to stop people from swearing in the past have only really had short-term successes - we now have more swearing on television than we did in the 1960s, despite campaigns by people like Mary Whitehouse and the NVLA (National Viewers and Listeners Association) to regulate language in the media. Increased exposure to swearing may mean that some swear-words lose their power to shock us, although it's likely that they will be replaced by newer words. It's certainly the case that many of the words that the NVLA disapproved of in the 1960s, no longer have the same power to shock or upset people. It would certainly pointless in banning swear-words altogether. Most people are aware about what sort of language is appropriate in specific contexts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 03:34 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
^

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 03:41 PM

Thats the sprite ! you have to just come out and say it sometimes FUCK fascism ! and then kick it in the balls !
Attached Images
File Type: gif NutKick.gif (125.2 KB, 53 views)
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 04:21 PM
DP

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
On our side of we need the get'er done dude to get our juices into reform mode
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1276 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Coincidentally, today, we had a conversation at work over the origin of the word "Fuck". I always believed it was a corruption of the Shakespearean "Faugh" but another person said it came out of the Plague. The population had been so greatly reduced by the disease that 'Fornication Under Consent of the King' was the law of the land. I just checked Wikipedia and it said he was a stupid cunt and I will so inform him the next time we work together. The leading candidate for "Fuck" is none other than our little Vonster and his merry Norwegians..."Fukka: To copulate".

Apparantly, "Faugh" is either an expression of disgust or a Hurling Team. That sounds like something I could get behind.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 11:06 PM
It Is What It Is, Dude

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1978 107.024 RIP
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow
Apparantly, "Faugh" is either an expression of disgust or a Hurling Team.
I try to disgust someone every time I hurl.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 11:11 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Fuck this thread, as a matter of fact fuckity, fuck, fuck.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-11-2007, 11:15 PM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®

Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1276 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane
Fuck ... fuckity, fuck, fuck.
Mating call?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-12-2007, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow
Coincidentally, today, we had a conversation at work over the origin of the word "Fuck". I always believed it was a corruption of the Shakespearean "Faugh" but another person said it came out of the Plague. The population had been so greatly reduced by the disease that 'Fornication Under Consent of the King' was the law of the land. I just checked Wikipedia and it said he was a stupid cunt and I will so inform him the next time we work together. The leading candidate for "Fuck" is none other than our little Vonster and his merry Norwegians..."Fukka: To copulate".

Apparantly, "Faugh" is either an expression of disgust or a Hurling Team. That sounds like something I could get behind.
In honour of your enlighten state now you understand who your overlords are , we present you with your own Norse Helmet to be worn with pride when you stand with the giants , and it's now OK for you to hit on our chicks , Hail Von Dig , to be know to us as Digmenow the eater of babies .
"Hon varr Draconian, gamla vis Hruga uskit'r."
I am a Draconian and thou art less than a heap of s__t.
"Gamla lombungr, sugandi toti tik madr."
Thou art morons, sucking at the teat of your bitch dog mother.
"Mikill Wotan! Doni langaspjot viti!"
Praise Odin! They're downwind of us!
This one is my favorite for personal combat:
"Kringlaugd wierd, ein spadi for qvoki ne skeifr drpr munni ne svinhqfdi!"
Gaze upon thy destiny, with this sword I will cleave your lying maggot mouth from your swine head!

Ok then - here is some sentences for picking up norwegian girls:

Du har nydelige øyne - you have beutifull eyes

Du lukter så godt - you smell really good

Du er så annerledes - you are so different from everybody else (a sure winner..)

Jeg spanderer en øl - i'll buy you a beer (norwegian girls like beer)

Jeg blir så glad når jeg ser deg - I become happy when I see you

Du er nydelig - you are gorgeous!

And if there's no such luck:

Så stikk av di støgge fitte - then, fuck of you ugly cxxt

well, enjoy ... and put to good use! And remember, swearing is both big and clever.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg haha.jpg (3.7 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg hhh.jpg (4.5 KB, 49 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in