BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: 1994 W124 e320 Blue/Tan
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
no kills section?!

i have a friend who is a major bimmerforums fan,
one thing i will give them is some great racing stories, whether it be on the track the strip or the road?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 12:58 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
^^^^^

Our Shane is the road and track racing fan here. Are you in Texas? I'm sure he would be pleased to have you over.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 01:15 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
You are not allowed to talk about street racing as there are more then a few self righteous weenies here who bat no eye to place their hypocritical, uneducated views upon you like a 30 ton weight spiked with sharp, revolving objects. When you approach them about it in a rational manner they run screaming bloody murder to the nearest moderator in order to confirm their self righteous convictions upon all willing and unwilling victims. The mod then has to acquiese and all is lost due to a screaming radical who is not smart enough to sense their views consist of only one point of view in a world of many. In other words it is just like real life. Only bad thing about this being online is you cannot wait until after work or school to beat the ever living shit out of the fucker who imposes his oppressive view upon all.
Track stories are really kinda lame since there are too many rules to allow genuine door to door, bumper to bumper racing. That being said the most fun I ever had in a Mercedes was a SLK32 with renntech upgrades. It was the ultimate modern day sleeper.
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 01:20 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
^^^^
I forgot you were in Sta. Fe, sorry! Anyway, don't be a tease, give him something to chew on.

Last edited by deathrattle; 09-10-2007 at 01:32 PM.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 01:39 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
While I have been known to run pretty much anyone on road or track, I have not been a fan of a Kill Stories section as they always remind me of the old "Dear Penthouse, I can't believe this happened to me..."

We have a motorsports section that, when participants post up, provide their track times from various track days.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 03:23 PM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
If you'd like to hear about the time I killed a Veyron with my '78 Rabbit just say so.

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 03:49 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2005
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so...
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 04:44 PM
Membership withdrawn by request

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Austro-Bavarian scum, stories are all they have .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 300sel amg.jpg (21.8 KB, 71 views)
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 04:52 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane
You are not allowed to talk about street racing , blah blah blah........ spiked with sharp, revolving objects. blah blah blah....etc.
YAWN...... wgas...

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 09-10-2007, 05:50 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
I am going to waste my time and tell a true story so all can see and object either to its content or validity.

DISCLAIMER: This took place somewhere in Mexico.

My friend Benny and I were out at 2:00am on a six lane, concrete barrier, lighted, and divided highway waiting for the semi affluent bar trash to enter on the road with liquid courage filled to the rim. We spot a yellow GTS Viper blast over to the inside lane and settle into a near speed limit crawl. I bring the SL55 with Renntech pulleys and programing up next to the Viper. Matt pulls up even next to me in his SL600 ('98.) The solid grey haired driver, who is premature grey, but probably around 45 to 50 years of age looks over and doesn't even hesitate. He gears down and is flat gone. I am caught a little off guard but Matt nails it and I do as well thinking to myself this damn SL55 is faster then anything else I have done this in to date. This becomes the fastest race I have ever encountered in my life, and sadly I have been in more then I can count and more then you can ever reasonably be expected to believe.
Well this Viper just doesn't let off, he is not interested in drag racing, but rather in road racing. This race goes I estimate for about 12 miles. We blast around the very few other cars on the road. It appears the Viper and SL55 are very close to each other in terms of acceleration above 100mph. I catch even a couple of times but the Viper driver is either too drunk or too good for me to stay even with on the corners. I finally cry uncle noticeably when I enter a curve that I have never taken above 135mph. I enter the curve at 150+mph and brake while the GTS guy takes all three lanes to straighten the curve some and never lets off. I figure he went through it at around 155mph. I take a couple of lanes but want plenty of room to catch the car should over steer become a seat shitting problem. I realize in hindsight I was over cautious but I am still here, and that's my story and I am sticking to it.
Well now I feel weak and Benny is rubbing it in as well, Matt almost catches even in his SL600 to me at this point. I stand on it and vow to catch the damn Viper on the upcoming, mostly straight part. I never let off. I watched the speedometer touch 185mph when I have to start braking because I am seriously gaining on him and the highway ends up ahead as well. I am within ten car lengths and gaining when I see him blast through a toll booth signifying the end of the major highway and onto a split, two lane access road. Benny yells cop at the top of his lungs, but I have already seen the white Crown Vic start to move. The Viper blasts by the already moving Vic and I am abusing the brake rotors hoping he doesn't see me as well. He doesn't.
Now at this point I would like to say I realize the poor, ace driver in the Viper was tagged, but I thought to myself how crazy it would be for him to pull over as all this Viper guy has to do is turn around at the next light and get back on the freeway from which we came. Hell if he just drove 50% of what I just witnessed he would be clean and free within 10 mins, from my (ahem) experience. This is what he does.
He takes out two red lights where you can easily see both ways and proceeds to enter the opposite direction toll booth lanes.
This is where he goofs. He figures the booths have cameras, as some do indeed, so he jerks the car back and stays on the access road. How do I know this? Matt and I are tailing the Crown Vic and back peddling so as not to pass the much slower cop car. The Viper stays into it and then brakes hard and pulls to the curb before a very large, blind, divided intersection that would have been disaster to blow through. The cop car stops, the cop runs out with his gun pulled and that is all we see as we pass the two parked cars.
Curiosity makes us take the loop again and sure enough we pull up next to the Crown Vic with the grey haired Viper owner sitting on his hands in the back. Matt is in front of me at this point and stops to ask the cop a question or just to insult the poor civil servant, but the cop refuses to drop the window. Matt power brakes the SL600 and does a large, hairy burnout. I am laughing so hard I proceed to do the same thing whilst giving the pig the finger (saw it in a movie somewhere.) The cop is smart and does not attempt to go after us. Some lesser experienced cops would try, but this one would use the radio and be content with his already significant catch. Benny decides, of all things now, that this was not cool and becomes quiet and wanting to call it a night. We do.
PS Our license plates on the two SL's would not get anyone anywhere.

Last edited by Shane; 09-10-2007 at 06:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in