marriage questions! - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 04:30 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~
 
full house's Avatar
 
Date registered: May 2007
Posts: 199
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
marriage questions!

Is there a lawyer in this forum!?

If a man left her husband for 4 years and went to other country. Never meet again since 4 years. Are they still consider as married? or there marriage is not valid because of abandonment? or If a man left his wife for 4 years to be in another country, would the couple still be considered married. Even if they haven't even spoken to each other in those 4 years? Could this be a case of abandonment?

How long does a marriage last when any of the parties left and never return!?

full house is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 04:35 AM
slightly creased
 
420 SE's Avatar
 
Date registered: Sep 2005
Vehicle: 1988 420 SE; 2015 ML 400
Location: Gold Coast, QLD, AUS & Doha, Qatar
Posts: 16,177
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
It all depends what country each party is in.

But in most countries, when a man leaves their husband.....there is no marriage to abandon.

Ross

OzBenz

beware of fundamentalists

420 SE is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 04:40 AM
Membership withdrawn by request
 
Von Vorschlag's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Location: the pale blue dot
Posts: 19,563
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by full house
Is there a lawyer in this forum!?

If a man left her husband for 4 years and went to other country. Never meet again since 4 years. Are they still consider as married? or there marriage is not valid because of abandonment? or If a man left his wife for 4 years to be in another country, would the couple still be considered married. Even if they haven't even spoken to each other in those 4 years? Could this be a case of abandonment?

How long does a marriage last when any of the parties left and never return!?

for £250 an hour , I will be happy to answer your question .
Von Vorschlag is offline  
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 04:55 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Punjabi's Avatar
 
Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: Bandwidth
Location: In Virtual Reality
Posts: 3,256
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
heh, heh........"...if a man left her husband...", you have nothing to worry about! Go enjoy! heh, heh.......

heh, heh......on the other hand, there are issues of relation, consent, mutual agreements and children! heh, heh.......but if the wife is ugly as hell than the man is fully justified in his actions to keep distance! heh, heh.....

I shall PM you my invoice in due course! heh, heh......(modest 30 rupees per hour!) heh, heh......
Punjabi is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 05:12 AM
Membership withdrawn by request
 
Von Vorschlag's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Location: the pale blue dot
Posts: 19,563
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punjabi
heh, heh........"...if a man left her husband...", you have nothing to worry about! Go enjoy! heh, heh.......

heh, heh......on the other hand, there are issues of relation, consent, mutual agreements and children! heh, heh.......but if the wife is ugly as hell than the man is fully justified in his actions to keep distance! heh, heh.....

I shall PM you my invoice in due course! heh, heh......(modest 30 rupees per hour!) heh, heh......
Yes a lawyer will be the best person to advice you on the merits of the case . What I am concerned with now is the legal costs. You should make it clear that you would like to keep legal costs low especially at this early stage where you are not sure if there is a case to pursue. It may be that he will offer to use junior lawyers form Bombay on issues that do not require his personal attention (as a way to keep costs down).

I am not sure how the fee structure in India works, but it may be possible that if this escalates, he may agree to accept a lower fee if nothing comes out of it, but will, in return be paid a higher fee if he manages to win a certain degree of compensation form this women , for your suffering.

These are just ideas, but definitely highlight your concern with regards to costs during your initial discussions with him, and he should be responsible enough to take you through the options.

Do contact me if you have any questions. Also, just note that I am acting purely in a personal capacity on this matter, and none of this concerns my firm in any way.
PS : do you really want a 30 rupees per hour man dealing with this matter , you may consider getting a burger flipper to chip in aswel . At £245 per hour you will have the personal attention of someone can help .
Von Vorschlag is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 05:46 AM
Forum Administrator RC Colas® & Moon Pies®
 
Digmenow's Avatar
 
Date registered: Oct 2006
Vehicle: 1981 380SL 151K: 2001 E320 4Matic Estate 147K: 2008 E350 Sport 4Matic 120K: 2005 S500 116K
Location: The Land of Pleasant Living
Posts: 36,503
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1273 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Vorschlag
PS : do you really want a 30 rupees per hour man dealing with this matter , you may consider getting a burger flipper to chip in aswel . At £245 per hour you will have the personal attention of someone can help .
But if you call his toll free number, you can speak with his technical assistant Elizabeth Ann and don't let the accent fool you.

Elizabeth Ann is from Idaho. Yep. Uh-huh.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Digmenow is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 05:49 AM
Membership withdrawn by request
 
Von Vorschlag's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Location: the pale blue dot
Posts: 19,563
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
LOL and when asked were she is , the answer will be stting at her desk by the bindow .
Ah Punjabi .....lol

Last edited by Von Vorschlag; 09-07-2007 at 05:51 AM.
Von Vorschlag is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 05:57 AM
~BANNED~
 
deathrattle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Location: Head in the clouds
Posts: 11,045
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digmenow
But if you call his toll free number, you can speak with his technical assistant Elizabeth Ann and don't let the accent fool you.

Elizabeth Ann is from Idaho. Yep. Uh-huh.
Why do they always say Idaho or Iowa? When I got that reply from an HP techy on a msngr 'assistance session', I said 'Oh that's nice. So how long does it take you to drive to the coast for a swim?' Long pause, then 'Sir, we do not have that information'.....Hahahaha.
deathrattle is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 06:17 AM
Always Remembered RIP
 
cascade's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Location: Grass Valley, N. Calif. / Gardnerville, Nevada
Posts: 10,146
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Vorschlag
LOL
Ah Punjabi .....lol

Heh, heh, Punjabi is the real deal, he is a COMPUTER Indian, not a CASINO Indian, like in the US.....heh, heh

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.


"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
cascade is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-07-2007, 06:20 AM
Always Remembered RIP
 
cascade's Avatar
 
Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Location: Grass Valley, N. Calif. / Gardnerville, Nevada
Posts: 10,146
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
Why do they always say Idaho or Iowa? When I got that reply from an HP techy on a msngr 'assistance session', I said 'Oh that's nice. So how long does it take you to drive to the coast for a swim?' Long pause, then 'Sir, we do not have that information'.....Hahahaha.
Shiiite, DR, maybe he was just too embarrassed.

I mean, wouldn't YOU be, if for vacation you had to drive from Idaho or Iowa to go to the beach in Ohio, warmed by the fires burning on the Cuyahoga River?

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.


"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
cascade is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    The 3 Rings of Marriage Nutz 4 Benz Off-Topic 0 08-17-2006 05:15 PM
    Why gay marriage? Qubes Off-Topic 160 08-10-2006 07:36 PM
    ALL marriage should be banned. Jillian80 Off-Topic 22 07-23-2006 11:53 AM
    Marriage and Wills tiggerfink Off-Topic 4 02-28-2006 07:08 PM
    Before and after marriage Nutz 4 Benz Off-Topic 7 02-23-2006 02:45 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome