Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
Well, what more is there to say? Perky Katy Couric has spoken. And she is speaking from Baghdad from first hand knowledge of the situation on the ground there. This is more really good news from our front line on the War on Terror, and I am sure all of you will be please to get the good news! Right?

"We hear so much about things going bad, but real progress has been made there in terms of security and stability," Couric said Tuesday.

wcbstv.com - Couric: 'Real Progress' In Iraq
Let's think about this a moment - when was the last time Katie Couric was in Iraq?

Never?

Hmm..

Sooooo....how can we know what her observation - "significant progress in Iraq" is based upon?

Also, what parts of Iraq did she see which did not require her to wear a flak jacket?

I thought so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 01:15 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
I tend to think that with term limits, the entrenched old hardliners that seem to form the agenda, and hard feelings, on both sides will be out, and some new thinking, which is desperately needed on both sides, will have a chance to see what it can do.
A side benefit is that the PAC’s and lobbyist’s would not be able to tempt these guys as much as they have.
The people that framed the Constitution never envisioned Congress to be a full time occupation, and it’s pretty obvious that those on both sides have feathered their beds very nicely with our wallets.
(Surprisingly) to me, I agree with you here. I also happen to loosely concur with your views illegal imigration - I personally happen to think you are spot on about that.

amazed.

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QBNCGAR
Let's think about this a moment - when was the last time Katie Couric was in Iraq?

Never?

Hmm..

Sooooo....how can we know what her observation - "significant progress in Iraq" is based upon?

Also, what parts of Iraq did she see which did not require her to wear a flak jacket?

I thought so.
I think she was comparing her experience to what the drive-by media and democrats had been saying about our progress in Iraq. I saw lots of shots of her talking w/ people in the streets and bizarres and I think I could tell if she had a flack-jacket on. After all her chest was a flat a usual...

Don't believe everything you think
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 01:46 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade
(Surprisingly) to me, I agree with you here. I also happen to loosely concur with your views illegal imigration - I personally happen to think you are spot on about that.

amazed.
Not to worry, we can find something else to fight about...

Seriously, I honestly don't see the need for all the foul mouth and confrontation this site seems to have. There will always be disagreement, but I think some of the rhetoric is waaay out of line, and only really practiced by few that haven't reached puberty yet.....

I have to think that acting like ladies and gentlemen can’t be all that hard to do, and it might bring more people into the mix………..

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 01:57 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2007
Vehicle: ML320
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:

Seriously, I honestly don't see the need for all the foul mouth and confrontation this site seems to have. There will always be disagreement, but I think some of the rhetoric is waaay out of line, and only really practiced by few that haven't reached puberty yet.....

I have to think that acting like ladies and gentlemen can’t be all that hard to do, and it might bring more people into the mix………..
I think that is an excellent observation.
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Surely A Large Human

Date registered: Jun 2006
Vehicle: '08 C219
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
I think she was comparing her experience to what the drive-by media and democrats had been saying about our progress in Iraq. I saw lots of shots of her talking w/ people in the streets and bizarres and I think I could tell if she had a flack-jacket on. After all her chest was a flat a usual...
Can't feel it when you're kicked in the privates, can you...

If I had a personal battallion following me around everywhere, I'd feel pretty safe too.

Last edited by Qubes; 09-05-2007 at 03:04 PM.
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 02:13 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
But we all are happy if things are going better. That means fewer deaths of troops, shorter tours and a quicker return.
True dhat
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 02:26 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by barberhauler
Katie Couric needs a spanking.....
Oh man! Sign me up for that. I would love to discipline that biatch. .

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 02:32 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Quote:

Naaaaah, it's more fun just like it is. You $%^&*(!!!!!)

Jim

post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-05-2007, 02:37 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade
Naaaaah, it's more fun just like it is. You $%^&*(!!!!!)

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in