LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 04:35 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
^^^^

You are both wrong, it's clearly a dumbocracy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 06:50 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2004
Vehicle: W203 modified
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to miroj Send a message via Skype™ to miroj
Quote:
Originally Posted by 420 SE
Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

In a democracy even minorities are permitted to have their say, including you.
History speaks for itself.

Modz ... enjoy the difference. www.benzmodz.com
post #53 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 12:59 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroj
And which one of these pro-active idealists ever made a difference in politics ? We have had the framework for 2000 years and not one John Lennon or Groucho Marx in office. The type of men who forge society on the anvil of public opinion are those prone to listening not shouting.

After having the chance to hear Bush speak for longer than 10 seconds I have come to the conclusion that he is listening and aware of the argument according to many points of view. Why that makes him wrong is not clear. He inherited his problems from the people and by not pleasing all of them he is suddenly held accountable.

Let's for example have "NO OIL DAY" and see how many people don't even make it to work or otherwise become totally incapable of living the life they have now. This includes making this forum redundant by virtue of all Mercedes cars being held in storage for that day.

Clearly the way forward is to build new systems at the same time as the old systems are in place. Whilst I was in Boston in 1999 I had the opportunity to observe what happens when you build an underground road and keep the existing road at the same time. It was chaos in the extreme. Now amplify that by a global population and ask yourself if change is visible, cheap and immediate whilst everything old is in place and new systems are being brought into the foreground.

Change is slow because the amount of work is overwhelming. Society is so finely tuned and the cash supply so limited that 5% interest would send >50% of the marketplace into a tailspin and crash speculative development. Speculation into the future is in fact driven by new income streams from innovation. Unfortunately, until those business models are in place and making money there will be no nett shift in the profile of global business relations.

After taking into consideration how change is enabled I feel that education is the key. That includes simple solutions for complex problems which come from research.

The one-laptop-per-child project will empower society far more than someone who causes disruption, makes noise and conspires to mislead those around him as to the true political value of leadership. The really sad thing is that hands and people are needed in these places but that would be too much like hard work.

After looking at the news footage tonight of the anti-bush protesters in Sydney I have come to realise they probably ran home to see which TV channel they are on. Not one "serious" protester failed to produce a goofy face, thinking perhaps that may raise their profile enough to be on TV looking like a clown and at the same time proving how deep their convictions are.

Let's see some of these activists roll up their sleeves ....... (as if)

Sorry you don't get it. That's ok. We'll be fine while you roll up you sleeves and write missives.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #54 of 54 (permalink) Old 09-08-2007, 08:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2004
Vehicle: W203 modified
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to miroj Send a message via Skype™ to miroj
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
Sorry you don't get it. That's ok. We'll be fine while you roll up you sleeves and write missives.
I see protesting as a form of shotgun diplomacy. But as I always say in matters of diplomacy, once they agree on who is going to be given the well for water, what size the well is, what colour it is, who is going to pay for it and where it is going to placed, they always leave it someone else to dig the hole. So now there are people all over the world digging holes for water and they dont need any more political BS to get the job done.

When was the last time you saw someone with dreadlocks break into a sweat (that wasn't withdrawal related).

Modz ... enjoy the difference. www.benzmodz.com

Last edited by miroj; 09-08-2007 at 08:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in