LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 11:33 AM
RNT
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Jul 2007
Vehicle: 1985 Mercedes 380SE Metallic Navy Blue
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the free advice. I am always happy to associate with posters who are proud of Bush's words and his interpretation of patriotism.

"Unlike you and the other Realists here, I do not find Bush's version of America and his interpretation of patriotism to be bad words. They make me proud! - Cascade"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
I also don't get the Vietnam parrallels. Our withdrawing from Vietnam seems to have worked out pretty well for them.
Our w/drawl from Vietnam was an unmitigated disaster! Tens-of-thousands were massacred, the U.S. reputation was badly damaged and the country is still struggling to survive. In fact, it is running from Vietnam that prompted bin Laden to attack us on 9/11 and all the other times. He even said the U.S. is weak and does not have the will to fight or win so we (the Islamo-fascists) have nothing to fear from the "paper tiger." And he specifically referenced our defeat in Vietnam as proof of our vulnerability. The images of our people and our troops jumping from the roof of the US embassy in Saigon on to landing helicopters still haunts me. It was the worse thing I have ever seen in my lifetime in our country's history. You really need to wake up, or be prepared to "die right!"

Don't believe everything you think
post #33 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
The president's problem is the same problem he has always had. He continues to claim democracy can be implemented in Iraq. The problem is that Iraq is not a homogenous society capable of nationhood. Japan, Germany, Korea, these are ancient homogenous societies. Better comparisions to Iraq would be India and Paksitan, Yugoslavia and the current societies in Sudan and Afghanistan. These were and are artificial nations created for the purposes of Western Imperialism. The idea that we can make these cluster fucks stand up on their own is ludicrous. There is really no such thing as an "Iraqi".
That is exactly the same misguided argument used by critics of the administration in WW II w/ regard to Japan. It is as wrong today as it was then! You really need to read the President's actual words.

post #34 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 11:49 AM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
Our w/drawl from Vietnam was an unmitigated disaster! Tens-of-thousands were massacred, the U.S. reputation was badly damaged and the country is still struggling to survive. In fact, it is running from Vietnam that prompted bin Laden to attack us on 9/11 and all the other times. He even said the U.S. is weak and does not have the will to fight or win so we (the Islamo-fascists) have nothing to fear from the "paper tiger." And he specifically referenced our defeat in Vietnam as proof of our vulnerability. The images of our people and our troops jumping from the roof of the US embassy in Saigon on to landing helicopters still haunts me. It was the worse thing I have ever seen in my lifetime in our country's history. You really need to wake up, or be prepared to "die right!"
Fine then maybe you should go back over there to Vietnam and fight to make things right.

Tell you what, whyn't you go over there with Bruce R?

He's bombed the $hit out of the place before, and said he knows the place really well.

Plus, he is always bragging about all the guns he has, and all the ammunition, so he'd be a PERFECT Commanding Officer for you to serve under.

We at Benz World would be happy to stay here and watch, through VEERY heavy lenses.

One little thing, though, the "Mission" in Vietnam. Every war is supposed to have one....

Could you explain again what it was?

We missed it the last war we had over there..........

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #35 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
The kookbergers here obviously have no idea what the President actually said, so read it and weep! THEN continue to demean him and the U.S. if you desire.

President Bush Attends Veterans of Foreign Wars National Convention, Discusses War on Terror

Here's what he said about Vietnam: Whatever your position is on that debate, one unmistakable legacy of Vietnam is that the price of America's withdrawal was paid by millions of innocent citizens whose agonies would add to our vocabulary new terms like "boat people," "re-education camps," and "killing fields."

There was another price to our withdrawal from Vietnam, and we can hear it in the words of the enemy we face in today's struggle -- those who came to our soil and killed thousands of citizens on September the 11th, 2001. In an interview with a Pakistani newspaper after the 9/11 attacks, Osama bin Laden declared that "the American people had risen against their government's war in Vietnam. And they must do the same today."

His number two man, Zawahiri, has also invoked Vietnam. In a letter to al Qaeda's chief of operations in Iraq, Zawahiri pointed to "the aftermath of the collapse of the American power in Vietnam and how they ran and left their agents."
Zawahiri later returned to this theme, declaring that the Americans "know better than others that there is no hope in victory. The Vietnam specter is closing every outlet." Here at home, some can argue our withdrawal from Vietnam carried no price to American credibility -- but the terrorists see it differently.

We must remember the words of the enemy. We must listen to what they say. Bin Laden has declared that "the war [in Iraq] is for you or us to win. If we win it, it means your disgrace and defeat forever." Iraq is one of several fronts in the war on terror -- but it's the central front -- it's the central front for the enemy that attacked us and wants to attack us again. And it's the central front for the United States and to withdraw without getting the job done would be devastating.

Last edited by Jayhawk; 08-22-2007 at 12:00 PM.
post #36 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 12:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Then tell me, Birdbrain. Why is OBL is still roaming free in Pakistan? Your argument is weak, as before. There still no link between Iraq and OBL until we deposed Saddam.

You are repeating your Party lines regardless of their validity, no more no less. As I said, fucking Bush's speech is as powerful as my fart.

I cannot believe in this day and age you still buy his shit by the boat load. You are really a pathetic human being. You have escalated stupidity to a new level.

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #37 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 12:16 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
continue to demean him and the U.S. if you desire.
Fuck George Walker Bush. Now, there you have it.

By the way, GW has done his fair share demeaning the U.S. and her citizens. So.................fuck him again!!!!!

'95 R129
'04 G35.5 BS
'10 X204
post #38 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 12:17 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
That is exactly the same misguided argument used by critics of the administration in WW II w/ regard to Japan. It is as wrong today as it was then! You really need to read the President's actual words.
They said Japan was a non-homogenous society ?

Bush promoted a falsehood in his speech that "some were against what we were doing in Japan" as evidenced by your wind-up doll spewing of his new talking points, but that is a more or less unmitigated lie. There was no widespread opposition to it.
post #39 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 12:21 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
A possible reference to Japanese and Okinawans.....

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
post #40 of 104 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 12:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: Bandwidth
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
heh, heh.......heh, heh.........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bin_bush_noogie.jpg (14.5 KB, 43 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in