post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 10:24 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2004
Vehicle: 2005 E320 CDI, 1995 E300D, 2002 Avalanche
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wonder how DR made out?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sm0073_the_grim_reaper.jpg (8.9 KB, 67 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 10:30 AM
Designo_E320

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
But there aren't any here. Does that mean I've had a stroke?
How old are you and do you have hyperlipidemia, diabetes, and high blod pressure? If so then you need to go to your doctor especially if you feel dizzy and are not strong in some parts of your body.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2007, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
^^^^

LOL, no my cholesterol levels are fine, my blood sugar level well regulated and my BP runs low, around 95/60. I have no idea where the smell came from, but it went away. I'm glad it was a fruity smell-I could think of many worse odours to have to endure.
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 06:12 AM
Designo_E320

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
^^^^

LOL, no my cholesterol levels are fine, my blood sugar level well regulated and my BP runs low, around 95/60. I have no idea where the smell came from, but it went away. I'm glad it was a fruity smell-I could think of many worse odours to have to endure.
Well, that great! Best of luck and hope you remain in good health. Anyways, I would definitely let the doctor know about this during the next regular check-up. Secondly, if this happens again, then PLEASE tear your self away from BWOT and go to the doctor and let him know. I wish you best of health.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 07:27 AM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Vorschlag
Titre du document / Document title
Lateralization of brain activation to imagination and smell of odors using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI): Left hemispheric localization of pleasant and right hemispheric localization of unpleasant odors
Auteur(s) / Author(s)
HENKIN Robert I. (1) ; LEVY Lucien M. (2) ;
Affiliation(s) du ou des auteurs / Author(s) Affiliation(s)
(1) The Taste and Smell Clinic, Washington, D.C., ETATS-UNIS
(2) Department of Radiology, Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, D.C., ETATS-UNIS

Résumé / Abstract
Purpose: Our goal was to use functional MRI (fMRI) of brain to reveal activation in each cerebral hemisphere in response to imagination and smell of odors. Method: FMRI brain scans were obtained in 24 normal subjects using multislice fast low angle shot (FLASH) MRI in response to imagination of banana and peppermint odors and in response to smell of corresponding odors of amyl acetate and menthone, respectively, and of pyridine. Three coronal sections selected from anterior to posterior brain regions were used. Similar studies were obtained in two patients with hyposmia using FLASH MRI and in one patient with hyposmia using echo planar imaging (EPI) both before and after theophylline treatment that returned smell function to or toward normal in each patient and in two patients with birhinal phantosmia (persistent foul odor) and global phantogeusia (persistent foul taste) with FLASH and EPI fMRI before and after treatment with neuroleptic drugs that inhibited their phantosmia and phantogeusia. Activation images were derived using correlation analysis. Ratios of hemispheric areas of brain activation to total hemispheric brain areas were calculated for FLASH fMRI, and numerical counts of pixel clusters in each hemisphere were made for EPI studies. Total pixel cluster counts in localized regions of each hemispheric section were also obtained. Results: In normal subjects, activation generally occurred in left (L) > right (R) brain hemisphere in response to banana and peppermint odor imagination and to smell of corresponding odors of amyl acetate and menthone. Whereas there were no overall hemispheric differences for pyridine odor, activation in men was R > L hemisphere. Although absolute activation in both L and R hemispheres in response to banana odor imagination and amyl acetate smell was men > women, the ratio of L to R activation was women > men. In hyposmic patients studied by FLASH fMRI, activation to banana odor imagination and amyl acetate smell was L > R hemisphere both before and after theophylline treatment. In the hyposmic patient studied with EPI before theophylline treatment, activation to banana and peppermint odor imagination and to amyl acetate, menthone, and pyridine smell was R > L hemisphere; after theophylline treatment restored normal smell function, activation shifted completely with banana and peppermint odor imagination and amyl acetate and menthone smell to L > R hemisphere, consistent with responses in normal subjects. However, this shift also occurred for pyridine smell, which is opposite to responses in normal control subjects. In patients with phantosmia and phantogeusia, activation to phantosmia and phantogeusia before treatment was R > L hemisphere; after treatment inhibited phantosmia and phantogeusia, activation shifted with a slight L > R hemispheric lateralization. Localization of all lateralized responses indicated that anterior frontal and temporal cortices were brain regions most involved with imagination and smell of odors and with phantosmia and phantogeusia presence. Conclusion: Imagination and smell of odors perceived as pleasant generally activated the dominant or L > R brain hemisphere. Smell of odors perceived as unpleasant and unpleasant phantosmia and phantogeusia generally activated the contralateral or R > L brain hemisphere. I think you may have had what they call a flash back . Treatment should be refraining from putting mirco dots on you cornflakes
The only thing that lengthy Bot-like tome did for me is give me a taste for a Heineken.

post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 08:44 AM
Membership withdrawn by request

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillKill
The only thing that lengthy Bot-like tome did for me is give me a taste for a Heineken.
mission successful
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 12:29 PM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
Sniff Ass.
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Cruise Control

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: '87 300TD/'90 300D/'94 Quattro/'89 Vanagon TDI/'01 EV Weekender VR6
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1426 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
^^^

Just thinking out loud, or is that on your to-do list?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in