The world's strangest laws - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 01:13 AM Thread Starter
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2006
Vehicle: PM me to Join the Expat Muslims for Obama Club........
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
The world's strangest laws

The world's strangest laws

Did you know it's illegal in France to name a pig Napoleon? Or that in Ohio you're not allowed to get a fish drunk? Alex Wade celebrates the spirit of the silly season with a list of the world's most ridiculous laws

25. It is illegal for a cab in the City of London to carry rabid dogs or corpses.

24. It is illegal to die in the Houses of Parliament.

23. It is an act of treason to place a postage stamp bearing the British monarch upside down.

22. In France, it is forbidden to call a pig Napoleon.

21. Under the UK’s Tax Avoidance Schemes Regulations 2006, it is illegal not to tell the taxman anything you don’t want him to know, though you don’t have to tell him anything you don’t mind him knowing.

20. In Alabama, it is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while driving a vehicle.

19. In Ohio, it is against state law to get a fish drunk.

18. Royal Navy ships that enter the Port of London must provide a barrel of rum to the Constable of the Tower of London.

17. In the UK, a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants – even, if she so requests, in a policeman’s helmet.

16. In Lancashire, no person is permitted after being asked to stop by a constable on the seashore to incite a dog to bark.

15. In Miami, Florida, it is illegal to skateboard in a police station.

14. In Indonesia, the penalty for masturbation is decapitation.

13. In the UK, all men over the age of 14 must carry out two hours of longbow practice a day.

12. In London, Freemen are allowed to take a flock of sheep across London Bridge without being charged a toll; they are also allowed to drive geese down Cheapside.

11. In San Salvador, drunk drivers can be punished by death before a firing squad.

10. In the UK, a man who feels compelled to urinate in public can do so only if he aims for his rear wheel and keeps his right hand on his vehicle.

9. In Florida, unmarried women who parachute on Sundays can be jailed.

8. In Kentucky, it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon more than six-feet long.

7. In Chester, Welshmen are banned from entering the city before sunrise and from staying after sunset.

6. In the city of York, it is legal to murder a Scotsman within the ancient city walls, but only if he is carrying a bow and arrow.

5. In Boulder, Colorado, it is illegal to kill a bird within the city limits and also to “own” a pet – the town’s citizens, legally speaking, are merely “pet minders”.

4. In Vermont, women must obtain written permission from their husbands to wear false teeth.

3. In London, it is illegal to flag down a taxi if you have the plague.

2. In Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a woman’s genitals but is forbidden from looking directly at them during the examination; he may only see their reflection in a mirror.

1. The head of any dead whale found on the British coast is legally the property of the King; the tail, on the other hand, belongs to the Queen - in case she needs the bones for her corset.

The world's strangest laws - Times Online
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 01:46 AM
worst mod in BW history

Date registered: Apr 2005
Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Lifetime Premium Member
14. In Indonesia, the penalty for masturbation is decapitation.

You must be in fear for your life every night, twice on Saturdays.

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 02:48 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: '90 560SEL, V8 Landcruiser, Toyota S/Wagon
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
13. In the UK, all men over the age of 14 must carry out two hours of longbow practice a day.

These days it's just called Wanking.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 02:58 AM
worst mod in BW history

Vehicle: ML CLK Iridescent Hyundai Accent lol,GoPed Freightshaker & Volvo semi's, c'mawn?
Lifetime Premium Member
17. In the UK, a pregnant woman can legally relieve herself anywhere she wants – even, if she so requests, in a policeman’s helmet.

There ya go Deathy. That ought to satiate your pig hatred. Have the missus stuff a pillow under her frock and take a steaming shit in the nearest bobby's brain bucket.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 03:26 AM
Membership withdrawn by request

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrimpton

These days it's just called Wanking.
It's on a Sunday for two hours after church , and if you kill someone with an arrow whilst doing this , no charges can be brought before you . Fancy a hoilday over here Shrimpy
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 03:30 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
TK

"There ya go Deathy. That ought to satiate your pig hatred. Have the missus stuff a pillow under her frock and take a steaming shit in the nearest bobby's brain bucket".

^^^^

So long as the pig's head was still in it.

As a matter of fact, the old 'tit heads' are a pretty rare sight these days due to the demise of the beat bobby. The most times I get to see one of our 'finest' are screeching their BMWs upto the nearest McD or KFC to feed their fat sweaty faces.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 03:42 AM
worst mod in BW history

Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
TK

"There ya go Deathy. That ought to satiate your pig hatred. Have the missus stuff a pillow under her frock and take a steaming shit in the nearest bobby's brain bucket".

^^^^

So long as the pig's head was still in it.

As a matter of fact, the old 'tit heads' are a pretty rare sight these days due to the demise of the beat bobby. The most times I get to see one of our 'finest' are screeching their BMWs upto the nearest McD or KFC to feed their fat sweaty faces.
I have to say that I'm somewhat insulted. If it wasn't for my thievery, drug abuse and preference for girls under 12 years old I would have been a policeman.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 03:52 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: '90 560SEL, V8 Landcruiser, Toyota S/Wagon
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Vorschlag
It's on a Sunday for two hours after church , and if you kill someone with an arrow whilst doing this , no charges can be brought before you . Fancy a hoilday over here Shrimpy

I think my quiver load would shoot off in all directions also if Sunday only is the restriction, but as for 14 year old boys.....holy shit!!!.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 03:56 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrillKill
I have to say that I'm somewhat insulted. If it wasn't for my thievery, drug abuse and preference for girls under 12 years old I would have been a policeman.
Unlucky, in the UK I think the minimum height requirement is 5' 10", but alternatively I guess with your special skills you could have applied to the 'Frying Squad'.

EDIT: And here is a clip to whet your appetite. Bullitt eat your heart out.
(Note to Jilly. That is Dennis Waterman in the back of the cop car)

YouTube - The Sweeney Car Chase

Damn, I just looked at this clip too. Haven't laffed so much for ages. No wonder I loved this show when I was a kid.

YouTube - The Sweeney - farce scene.=

Last edited by deathrattle; 08-16-2007 at 04:30 AM.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2007, 04:33 AM
Membership withdrawn by request

Date registered: Apr 2006
Vehicle: A red Vimana
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1119 Post(s)
Not enough bonnet sliding for me

silly names
The longest place-name still in use is
Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapiki maungahoronukupokaiw enuakitanatahu,
the name for a New Zealand hill.

Los Angeles's full name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula" and can be abbreviated to 3.63% of its size, "L.A."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in