Mazda RX-8 (Not a political/religious thread, THANK GOD!) - Page 3 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 08:31 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2005
Vehicle: 1967 Irish/ Pole
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Designo_E320
Yes the car does handle very well. I wonder if it is reliable and if it can be used as a daily driver. I enjoyed the very high revving engine but the torque sucked even though the car will get up and go.
I drove my brothers RX7 partway to Mighigan about 15 years ago. It diddn't set the highway on fire but I wasn't trying to break the land speed record either. I think they come with a few turbo options or at least they did... probably max out in the mid 200hp area... guess it depends on what your looking for. I too got a thrill from the high reving (of that RX7). Not sure how it compares maintaniance wise to other cars, but if it really is a Mazda and not a bunch of Ford engineered shite it should be ok.

-Marty

"...pour out of one vessel into another; and as those old Romans robbed all the cities in the world, we skim the cream of other men's wits, pick the choice flowers of their tilled gardens to set our own sterile plots."
-a Richard Burton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 08:46 AM
~BANNED~

Date registered: Aug 2002
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1761 Post(s)
A Bentley and now a RX8? Do yourself a favor and let your other half do the choosing for you. Your car choice meter is off the chart. They have to give them away at new car stealerships just o get them off the lot. Buy an SLK.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 09:13 AM
Designo_E320

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A264172
I drove my brothers RX7 partway to Mighigan about 15 years ago. It diddn't set the highway on fire but I wasn't trying to break the land speed record either. I think they come with a few turbo options or at least they did... probably max out in the mid 200hp area... guess it depends on what your looking for. I too got a thrill from the high reving (of that RX7). Not sure how it compares maintaniance wise to other cars, but if it really is a Mazda and not a bunch of Ford engineered shite it should be ok.
I agree with you there that it should be fine if they don't have any ford components. The RX-8 is a blast to drive. There is however a problem with the car getting choked and once you start the engine then you have to pretty much let it get to operating temps and then step on the gas to burn off the excess fuel so it doesn't choke and you can actually start it next time! You can't start it and move it out of the garage and turn it off immediately or you will pretty much have to get it towed to the dealer. This is the ONLY turn off for me at the moment. I hope they have fixed this issue by now. My clinic is only 3 miles away from my house and even my E320 doesn't get to peak operating temp by the time I arrive from work so I guess that it couldn't be a daily driver. It is a good looking car though.I don't want to buy a brand new one though as the resale values suck big time.
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-09-2007, 09:19 AM
Designo_E320

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane
A Bentley and now a RX8? Do yourself a favor and let your other half do the choosing for you. Your car choice meter is off the chart. They have to give them away at new car stealerships just o get them off the lot. Buy an SLK.
You are definitely correct and I have a lot of respect for the info you possess on cars and the fact that you are blessed to be able to own and have owned pretty much every kind of car! The SLK is a great car and i love it but I am a fan of "different' things. The perfect balance (50-50), handling like its on tracks, the high revving engine(zoom-zoom), and the rotary engine, and the innovating 4-door/4 seat design appeals to me. In plain words, it is "different" although it may be a piece of crap. Any car that I buy is NOT for long term anyways, just long enough for me to enjoy and get rid off. So if a car can last be a year or s without any problems then I am game as I don't like to keep any pre-owned car for much longer then that. The cars that I have bought brand new are there to stay until the bodies rust away as I know how I have maintained them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in