I-35W Bridge over Mississippi collapse in Minneapolis, Mn - Page 11 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 238 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 09:48 PM
BenzWorld Elite
 
mcbear's Avatar
 
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Location: The BlueGrass State
Posts: 29,579
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by guage
Let me guess, see post #94
It's unfortunate and a little cold to say, but maybe now things well start rollings ahead with improvements.
You hit the nail on the head. It takes crap like this to get people's attention.

It took last year's crash in Lexington to get two Air Traffic Controllers in about half the towers in the US [yes kiddies there was only one in many of the towers for up to 10 hours a day]

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
mcbear is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #102 of 238 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 07:33 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Bruce R.'s Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Location: Near Washington, DC
Posts: 14,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
Do you tell so many lies that you assume everyone else has the same low standards? Or, as in your frightening slant on politics and history, do you prefer your own delusions to matters of fact? I'm beginning to believe your use of 'we' and your fantasised knowledge of my life is a form of homo-erotic stalking. Have you been spending too much time with your bright chum guage? Even for a geriatric, you are beginning to get a bit creepy.
You really are an arrogant wanker aren't you? The only low standard around here is you, and as to lies, you seem to be up there with the best of them.
I think I’ll hand over my Professor’s cap to you genius, as I have never seen or heard of fantasised spelled quite like you have. The exception might be in Australia where they seem to be stuck in the same old rut.
Most of us spell it fantasized, but I have to assume that your English PUBLIC SCHOOLS still teach the ancient ways, and haven’t moved on up to anything more modern then that has been, King George III.

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94


"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
Bruce R. is offline  
post #103 of 238 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 08:23 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Bruce R.'s Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Location: Near Washington, DC
Posts: 14,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
And no, the money spent for repairs of infrastructure is not mind boggling, nor is it particularly well spent. We have been having the bridges and roads conversation for two decades. We have been having the Air Traffic Control conversations for as long. We have been having Port security issues for six years now [we currently screen 5% of containers]
I have to assume that the literally BILLIONS spent on infrastructure per year is not mind boggling to you, it is to me.
The roads and bridges have been talked about for far more than two decades, which sounds like a lot, but is only 20 years. The Silver Bridge collapsed in 1967, the West Side Highway in New York collapsed in 1973, the Mianus River Bridge in 1983 just to name a few. Lots of talk, but little action. The States have to accept some responsibility for their roads, bridges, and levees, they get enough money from the Feds to do that, and they have for a very long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
I didn’t say Bush was the only one that didn’t do anything. I simply said that the NeoCons will be jumping up and down and point out that the Democrats are RAISING TAXES when it comes time to pay for all this procrastination, much of it in the past six years.
( 1 ) As long as the blame gets spread evenly to ALL those involved I have no problem. I do have a problem when only Bush or the Republicans catch the crap. I would hope that we all know better than that, as there is plenty of blame for everybody to take the heat.
Now as far as raising taxes to pay for all this, I would say that Minnesota had a fair budget. They had almost 16 Billion dollars of their own to spend, and almost nothing went into the repair of this bridge. Why?
( 2 ) You claim procrastination over the last six years, are you saying that there was a different attitude previous to that? If so why wasn’t the bridge properly repaired when the first failure report came in? I believe the first report was in 2000.
I can agree with your comments on the ATC system to a point. The problems there have been long standing and are a pure Federal problem. Again however both sides can take blame for any lack of movement.

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94


"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
Bruce R. is offline  
post #104 of 238 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 08:29 AM
BenzWorld Elite
 
Bruce R.'s Avatar
 
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Location: Near Washington, DC
Posts: 14,926
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedd
THE BRIDGE COLLAPSED BECAUSE OF GW BUSH'S IRAQ WAR!
OF COURSE IT DID, WHAT OTHER REASON COULD THERE BE?

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94


"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
Bruce R. is offline  
post #105 of 238 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 10:39 AM
~BANNED~
 
deathrattle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Location: Head in the clouds
Posts: 11,045
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
You really are an arrogant wanker aren't you? The only low standard around here is you, and as to lies, you seem to be up there with the best of them.
I think I’ll hand over my Professor’s cap to you genius, as I have never seen or heard of fantasised spelled quite like you have. The exception might be in Australia where they seem to be stuck in the same old rut.
Most of us spell it fantasized, but I have to assume that your English PUBLIC SCHOOLS still teach the ancient ways, and haven’t moved on up to anything more modern then that 'has been', King George III.
What evidence do you have that I have lied in this forum? State it, or be man enough to apologise and shut the fuck up.

With regard to your comments on 'fantasise', this exemplifies the way where in so many areas you wear your offensive ignorance with pride. Most sound minded people would be ashamed of such behaviour. You are a poorly educated, small-town hick with a big mouth.
fantasise - Wiktionary

So tell me, in Vietnam, did you catch some shrapnel in your head or your arse? The fomer could explain your stupidity and the latter your bad attitude.
deathrattle is offline  
post #106 of 238 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 11:13 AM
guage
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
What evidence do you have that I have lied in this forum? State it, or be man enough to apologise and shut the fuck up.

With regard to your comments on 'fantasise', this exemplifies the way where in so many areas you wear your offensive ignorance with pride. Most sound minded people would be ashamed of such behaviour. You are a poorly educated, small-town hick with a big mouth.
fantasise - Wiktionary

So tell me, in Vietnam, did you catch some shrapnel in your head or your arse? The fomer could explain your stupidity and the latter your bad attitude.
I love it
No results found for fomer.

Last edited by guage; 08-04-2007 at 11:16 AM.
post #107 of 238 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 11:21 AM
~BANNED~
 
deathrattle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Location: Head in the clouds
Posts: 11,045
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by guage
I love it
No results found for fomer.
You would love it, since you are unable to distinguish between typos and ignorance, you thick pile of pig shit.
deathrattle is offline  
post #108 of 238 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 11:32 AM
guage
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
You would love it, since you are unable to distinguish between typos and ignorance, you thick pile of pig shit.
I knew that you would come up with that lame excuse AGAIN.
Sure it's not a sticky keyboard from wanking on it.
I love it, cause you are the pompous ass who runs from post to post telling everyone how you are so well educated and this is how things are spelled, turns out, you're just a little insecure babyrattle when the shoe is on the other foot.

Wiki based, we all know that's 100%

I is, who I is, but I'm sure damn glad I is not you!

Last edited by guage; 08-04-2007 at 11:39 AM.
post #109 of 238 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 11:36 AM
~BANNED~
 
deathrattle's Avatar
 
Date registered: Jan 2005
Vehicle: 1992 W126 300 SE
Location: Head in the clouds
Posts: 11,045
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
^^^^

"I is, who I is, but I'm sure damn glad I is not you!"

What is your excuse, pig shit?
deathrattle is offline  
post #110 of 238 (permalink) Old 08-04-2007, 11:39 AM
guage
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrattle
^^^^

"I is, who I is, but I'm sure damn glad I is not you!"

What is your excuse, pig shit?
It's that you are a pompous ass, get it now? Or should I SPELL it out for ya?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











  • Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
     
    Thread Tools
    Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
    Email this Page Email this Page
    Display Modes
    Linear Mode Linear Mode



    Similar Threads
    Topic Author Forum Replies Last Post
    Mississippi Coast/Deep South GTG powerpig Events 0 02-22-2007 07:17 PM
    Minneapolis Meet - or other car event to go to? Bif Powell Events 1 09-19-2005 02:27 PM
    Mechanic in Saint Paul or Minneapolis Samurai1833 W126 S,SE,SEC,SEL,SD,SDL Class 0 06-12-2005 06:46 AM
    BBC visits its assumptions in Mississippi Botnst Off-Topic 6 05-09-2005 05:23 PM
    Mechanic in Minneapolis? Mesium W124 E,CE,D,TD Class 4 01-15-2005 11:57 PM

    Posting Rules  
    You may post new threads
    You may post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are On
    Pingbacks are On
    Refbacks are On

     

    Title goes here

    close
    video goes here
    description goes here. Read Full Story
    For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome