Is the Iraqi government collapsing, with this? - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 06:52 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Yes, it did work in the past, until we became a nation of weak kneed Libs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 07:08 PM
It Is What It Is, Dude

Date registered: Mar 2006
Vehicle: 1978 107.024 RIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by guage
Yes, it did work in the past, until we became a nation of weak kneed Libs.

Please cite one instance wherein this country invaded a non-threatening sovereign nation with the express intent of regime change for the benefit of that nations citizens. And was successful.
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 08:10 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 95 E300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisdave
Please cite one instance wherein this country invaded a non-threatening sovereign nation with the express intent of regime change for the benefit of that nations citizens. And was successful.
Depends on whose propaganda you read.

B

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and that’s what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 08:12 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2006
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
hmm..Panama? Grenada?
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 08:15 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
I can't. We have never done that.
post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 07:48 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D
heh, heh. Not one right-winger can take responsibility.
Just what exactly is that supposed to mean?

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 09:27 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
Just what exactly is that supposed to mean?
It means you can't acknowledge fault where you are involved. It means invoking Clinton's name when Bush fucks up. It means isolating the enemies behavior from proper context. In case you haven't heard this before, there was a reason why the USS Cole and the WTC were bombed -- we built a base in Saudi Arabia during the first Gulf War and stayed. The 9/11 hijackers were SAUDI. To not understand this point, and claim the US is faultless is NOT TAKING RESPONSIBILITY. So grow up.

OBK #35

post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 09:54 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botnst
Qusay Saddam Hussein

Saddam's second son. Head of the Republican Guard. Has overall responsibility for Saddam's security organisations.

"On that day which followed the visit of QUSAY SADDAM HUSSEIN to the prison, 180 prisoners were executed. The guards walked up and down the corridors calling out names. They took some prisoners from nearly every cell...when QUSAY SADDAM HUSSEIN visited a prison, mass executions would often follow and so we all realised what it meant when they began calling out the names of prisoners..."

"On several occasions I saw QUSAY SADDAM HUSSEIN walk along the row of cells, open the slot in the door and spray what I believe to be something like mustard gas into the cell...The bodies of the dead were bloated by the gas. They foamed at the mouth and were bleeding from the eyes...The prisoners were screaming. I remember one of them was only about twelve years old. I remember QUSAY shouting something like "Put this bastard in - he's a member of the [X] family'...The little boy was screaming. He was already bleeding from previous beatings. QUSAY killed him along with all the others...The little boy screamed out "I am sorry, I don't want to die, I want my father." QUSAY said, "Your father is in the cell next door", which was true. QUSAY then proceeded to spray him with gas and he died after about ten minutes of agony. We could hear them screaming... I estimate that QUSAY SADDAM HUSSEIN personally murdered between 1200-1300 people during this period."

"There was a machine designed for shredding plastic. Men were dropped into it and we were again made to watch. Sometimes they went in head first and died quickly. Sometimes they were put in feet first and died screaming. It was horrible. I saw 30 people die like this. Their remains would be placed in plastic bags and we were told they would be used as fish food.... On one occasion, I saw QUSAY SADDAM HUSSEIN personally supervising these murders."

"QUSAY SADDAM HUSSEIN went into the torture room...screaming..."I'll put an end to you with my own hands"...[the prisoner] was brought back into the cell with his right foot covered in filthy bandages. It had been cut off during his torture...the amputation had been carried out with a power saw during his torture under the direct supervision of QUSAY SADDAM HUSSEIN...it had not been done cleanly and it had taken some time to cut the foot off."

Tell me Botnst, why I, as an American taxpayer, should give a sweet fuck.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 09:55 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D
It means you can't acknowledge fault where you are involved. It means invoking Clinton's name when Bush fucks up. It means isolating the enemies behavior from proper context. In case you haven't heard this before, there was a reason why the USS Cole and the WTC were bombed -- we built a base in Saudi Arabia during the first Gulf War and stayed. The 9/11 hijackers were SAUDI. To not understand this point, and claim the US is faultless is NOT TAKING RESPONSIBILITY. So grow up.
Oh , OK, I see it all clearly now, we (the US) supplied all the poisons and various nefarious machinery the the Hussains used to kill and maim their own people. This whole WOT is all because we had bases in Saudi Arabia, and OBL didn't like it?
Damn you have it all in a nutshell don't you.......
Isn't it time for your Valium, or maybe your aluminun foil helmet?

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 10:02 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Jesus Christ, who is in denial? Saddam was our proxy against Iran all during the Reagan admin. Where the fuck do you think he got the technology to produce poison gas? His big sin with us was trying to unite the Arab people, otherwise, we never gave a fuck how many people he killed. And your other point? True as well.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in