Shouldn't the GOP follow the example of their Iraqi puppets, and take a month off? - Page 2 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 01:34 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I guess I missed where our Congress is dealing with suicide bombers out in the street. Just another example of the loss of logic on the right wing. More "straw man" bullshit from the Artful Dodger, Mr. Botnst. Instead of addressing the issue of why our so-called "government" of Iraq is going to let our soldiers die in the street while they are on their way to Paris, he pulls a Coulter and strawmans our ass and goes"hey, look over there - never mind this embarassing example of the most fuckedup war fought by our most fucked up "President". Like I said in an earlier post, fundamental intellectual dishonesty. Tell me truthfully Botnst, what the fuck does our Congress have to do with this issue? I am so tired of you lying sacks of shit.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 01:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 95 E300
Quoted: 392 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Designo_E320
Did that include their paid summer vacation?
I do not think anybody has provided the voters with the total compensation package of Senate & House. They have a lot of perks. I think the base salary varies from around $150k to 180k.

My favorite argument is from people who think we should pay them more so we can attract better people to run for office. To me, that's f-ing stupid. I think there are plenty of junkie mother fuckers who would be less of a threat to peace and liberty if they were elected than many of the 537 people elected to run the gov.

B

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

~ Senator Barack H. Obama
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Subject of the thread too much for you?

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 01:52 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
I guess I missed where our Congress is dealing with suicide bombers out in the street. Just another example of the loss of logic on the right wing. More "straw man" bullshit from the Artful Dodger, Mr. Botnst. Instead of addressing the issue of why our so-called "government" of Iraq is going to let our soldiers die in the street while they are on their way to Paris, he pulls a Coulter and strawmans our ass and goes"hey, look over there - never mind this embarassing example of the most fuckedup war fought by our most fucked up "President". Like I said in an earlier post, fundamental intellectual dishonesty. Tell me truthfully Botnst, what the fuck does our Congress have to do with this issue? I am so tired of you lying sacks of shit.
You don't want them to be our puppets, but you want them to do YOUR bidding, is that hypocritical or am I making a mistake?
FoTL you are truly an ass..........

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 02:05 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Subject of the thread too much for you?
Oh, i thought it was about wanting only the Republican Members of Congress to take-off from work, like the title and first post seemed to indicate.

Next time maybe you could write a title that has something to do with the subject you wish to discuss.

Just a suggestion.

B

The biggest problems we are facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all and thatís what I intend to reverse.

post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
BenzWorld Elite

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
You don't want them to be our puppets, but you want them to do YOUR bidding, is that hypocritical or am I making a mistake?
What I want them to do is get their country straightened out so we can get out. And you are truly a first class blood-soaked dope. Tell me, why are our boys dying for these pieces of shit?

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 07:06 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
What I want them to do is get their country straightened out so we can get out. And you are truly a first class blood-soaked dope. Tell me, why are our boys dying for these pieces of shit?
Wait, did you just change the title of the thread again?

So when Nancy takes her month off in August will you oil her back or will she oil yours? I don't know how this politics stuff works and I must say, you seem to be an expert.

B

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 07:45 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2006
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Tell me, why are our boys dying for these pieces of shit?
Sounds like a good thread title..

I am going to start one.

Credits go to FTL..
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-31-2007, 08:57 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
Seem to have learnt a new word today "hypocritical", eh, Bruce R.?

You constantly decry others' getting personal, but once again your remarks above forfeit you the moral high ground you claim...if you ever had it in the first place.

YOU, sir are a hypocrite and your remarks quoted above are the PROOF.

Part of your problem is that you can dish it out but you can't take it.

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 05:20 AM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade
Seem to have learnt a new word today "hypocritical", eh, Bruce R.?

You constantly decry others' getting personal, but once again your remarks above forfeit you the moral high ground you claim...if you ever had it in the first place.

YOU, sir are a hypocrite and your remarks quoted above are the PROOF.

Part of your problem is that you can dish it out but you can't take it.
Blow smoke up some one elses butt cascade, you have shown yourself up for what you are, a political hack.

As to the hypocrite thing, you would be the one that started that. You can't define it, but you seem to like to call people that.

One more thing, if anyone can take it around here, it's me. What I decry (using your words) is the foul mouth language that some here can't seem to get away from because they have no argument without it. Look back and see if that isn't true. Of course there are some like you that don't have an argument with facts to back up, only feelings and half truths. You knock my service in 'Nam, but you keep going back to that to in some way prove me wrong. You STILL haven't done that, anymore then you have with anything else here. Your "feelings" may carry weight in your world, but not much in real life.

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in