I'm confused why the Democrats want to immediately withdraw from Iraq? - Page 12 - Mercedes-Benz Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #111 of 146 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 01:50 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
The Iraqi government announces they are taking a month off. The Sunni bloc withdraws from the government. The Kurds warn of civil war over Kirkuk. And the guy who started this thread is confused? You bet the fuck.
But Gen P says things are looking up. Of course he also says we need to extend the Surge through next year [remember he is the one that planned THIS surge length] and that we will be there for years and years. But they are looking up.

McBear,
Kentucky

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 146 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 01:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2005
Vehicle: S500/W220/2000
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbear
But Gen P says things are looking up. Of course he also says we need to extend the Surge through next year [remember he is the one that planned THIS surge length] and that we will be there for years and years. But they are looking up.
Just remember, our Congress always takes August--and a lot of other weeks and months--off too! And things ARE looking up in Iraq--if one can believe two Brookings Institution liberals like Mike O'Hanlon and Ken Pollack in the NYTimes...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/30/op...=1&oref=slogin

Don't believe everything you think
post #113 of 146 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 02:18 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old300D
You still trapped in the fun house?
Ya, right next to you sweety.......

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #114 of 146 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 02:20 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elau
You are regurgitating your Party line over and over. It is getting old, much like your age.
You should hope to live as long as I have, you might learn something, but I doubt it.

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #115 of 146 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 02:22 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
You should hope to live as long as I have, you might learn something, but I doubt it.
I know you are only drawing from your own experience.

OBK #35

post #116 of 146 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 02:23 PM
guage

Mentioned: Post(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
Just remember, our Congress always takes August--and a lot of other weeks and months--off too! And things ARE looking up in Iraq--if one can believe two Brookings Institution liberals like Mike O'Hanlon and Ken Pollack in the NYTimes...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/30/op...=1&oref=slogin
It just ruins there day when we have good news, and this just may work out for America.
post #117 of 146 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 02:24 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
I know you are only drawing from your own experience.
Yes, I am. I've learned a lot over the years. One of the things I've learned is that there is little help for people like you and elau. The kind of folks that don't have a clue, and never will....

Vladimir Putin

Paul Harvey 8/31/94

Justice Clarence Thomas
post #118 of 146 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 03:13 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2003
Vehicle: '83 240D
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Yes, I am. I've learned a lot over the years. One of the things I've learned is that there is little help for people like you and elau. The kind of folks that don't have a clue, and never will....
Now you say you HAVE learned something in your years? Hard to pin you down when you flip-flop all over the place...

OBK #35

post #119 of 146 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 03:40 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Now you say you HAVE learned something in your years? Hard to pin you down when you flip-flop all over the place...
See, there you go, your reading comprehension is shot already.
My wife is a nurse, she tells me that there is help for you through prescription drugs. See you Doctor or Designo, I'm sure he can help you with your problem, unless your Jewish.

It would appear that you like to play the fool, that's fine if that's what you want to do. I don't feel like humoring you anymore, so if you intend on persueing this farther, you'll be doing it on your own.... That means you'll be playing with yourself.... some more.

Vladimir Putin

Paul Harvey 8/31/94

Justice Clarence Thomas
post #120 of 146 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 03:43 PM
Administratoris Emeritus

Vehicle: 2021 SL770
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 591 Post(s)
Quote:
See, there you go, your reading comprehension is shot already.
My wife is a nurse, she tells me that there is help for you through prescription drugs. See you Doctor or Designo, I'm sure he can help you with your problem, unless your Jewish.
LOL

"If spending money you don't have is the height of stupidity, borrowing money to give it away is the height of insanity." -- anon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in