(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
I believe I have..........
Typical Gonzales response

Sponsored Links
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 02:20 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Originally Posted by drewprof
Typical Gonzales response
No, a typical political response. I have heard exactly the same kind of answer from the left, and there's a group nod of agreement............

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 02:35 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Apr 2004
Vehicle: E500Es
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Both the Sunnis and the Shiites are responding in the way I indicated above. They are all getting tired of the insurgents killing their own. But apparently you don't believe that AQ is egging them both on.....
I think that the Sunnis and the Shiites are in a civil war with each other and that is ONE problem. I think that NOW there is an AQ element that is in the mix but not egging both sides on. Their religious differences with AQ elements are striking enough that many would not play ball with AQ on religious principle alone.

Iran is also stirring the turd with weapons, as is Syria and I would bet China too.

My dead honest appraisal, based on watching this for 54 months and talking with many friends who are/have been on the ground, and having watched how this Administration likes to spin is that the AQ presence is much LESS than is being announced and that any "terrorist" or non aligned insurgent is labeled AQ. It has been the nature of this Administration to bring out the name AQ at EVERY possible turn, whether there has been proof or not, and use that as justification for actions.

Look at how many Gitmo prisoners have been released, some years later that turned out to have NO AQ ties. Look at how many US terror cells that were reported in press conferences to be "linked to AQ" and later found to be fully home grown and the "link" is that they were Muslim AND had looked up AQ on the internet.

I am not saying that AQ is not in Iraq, just saying that history and strong pattern analysis has shown that not everything that this Administration and the Pentagon calls AQ is actually AQ.

Being smart is knowing the difference, in a sticky situation between a well delivered anecdote and a well delivered antidote - bear.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 02:39 PM
BenzWorld Elite
Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
It is a civil war between the Baath Party and the Shiites allied with Iran. Of course, our "president" never mentions that.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 02:42 PM
Always Remembered RIP
Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
[QUOTE=Bruce R.]That's funny, the Generals and others in charge say it IS working, and working quite well. But of course YOU would know better then they would because you read all about it in the newspaper and saw it on TV news, right?

Tell me please, do you think the Generals are going to say, "Oh my God, we are losing, we have to get out?"

Unlike some I do NOT share the rediculous conspiracy fashionable on the extreme radical side of the Republican party that the "Media" controls the outcome of battles and of the war in Vietnam, Iraq, and Korea.

My belief, naive and silly as it may sound to you is that
those are the result of the tactics and strategy that the Commander in Chief, and those Generals to which he delegated those duties, and the Armed Forces carried out.

You believe that the Media directed the wars and were responsible for their outcome. That is the standard ultra right wing whine.

The same could be said for many of the radical liberals, and Bush haters, on this site.
Classic Pee Wee Herman response. 'Nuff said.

Like I said before, don't count your chickens before they're hatched. The American public may not like Bush right now, but the poles clearly show they like the Congess even less.....
Perhaps because of its hipocrisy on behalf of BOTH parties; even YOU must agree of you are being honest with yourself, that it is NOT only people like Feinstein, Pelosi and Boxer, but a raft of Republicans who demonstrate corruption. Plenty of examples on both sides of the coin, so naturally the Public at large sees the institution as a whole as people putting their own self interest first.

The Congress is a whole composed of its parts. Certainly the Democrats have dithered about and done little, but Republican blind loyalists to Bush such as Mc Connell are so desparate now that are grasping at procedural strategies to thwart positive action by the Democratic bare majority to bring an out of control Republican presidency to heel and to answer for their outrageous attacks on the Constitutional system, and contempt and unaccountability to the public at large

Few of those Swift boat guys were liars, they knew what really happened, because they lived through it.
The term "Swiftboating" is now a VERB; it means to conduct a Political campaign using vicious character assassination and distortion of the facts for a short term Political gain. A synonym for that is "Mud slinging"

Kerry for whatever reasons, did not choose to reply with similar tactics. Even if in fact, his methods used in 1971 to criticize the war were questionable (my opinion), in the face of the Swiftboaters, he took the high road morally, and it cost him the election.

You and the right wing radical Republicans should be on notice that for 2008 it might be likely that after suffering that lesson, it might be possible that the Democrats might well find that turnabout is fair play, and find similar ugly tactics used upon whateve candidate they put up for President for 2008.

If they dish it out they better get ready to take it.

The Swiftboaters did it for money or personal gain. A $50,000 donor to that campaign was subsequently rewarded with an appointment to the Ambassadorship to Belgium......are you surprised?

I personally saw a medal handed out for a minor splinter scratch, received while running out of a whore house. It was a Purple Heart, the same as your apparent Hero got. He was too easily tripped up, and caught in a number of lies himself if you care to remember.......
LOL, those VC were everywhere, maybe he earned the PH. I heard the VC whores put glass shards in with the ice in the GI's drinks.

"Me love you LOONG time"

And who said Lurch was my "apparent hero" anyway?

Though in comparison with what we have now, he would have been a wonderful choice, hell, even BORAT would have been....

<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<

Last edited by cascade; 07-26-2007 at 02:47 PM.
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 02:49 PM
Always Remembered RIP
Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
I believe it's the media........... They are the ones that tell you what you are to think and do.....
As in:

WE REPORT.......YOU DECIDE.........Fox News

<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
Sponsored Links

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address: