Quoted: 991 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 01:56 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewprof
I ask you for some sort of back up and get called a "Brown Shirt"?
Well Herr Goebbels, I’ll be sure to never question your credibility again! Since when is it in this country someone isn’t allowed to ask questions? You want it your way, and that’s all there is to it huh? That is sometimes called a Fascist or Marxist standpoint. Then you have the nerve to call me names? Way to go Herr Gobbles. Looks more to me like YOU are the one with the brown shirt, the one that can’t be questioned.

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #33 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 02:03 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I think the small detail you are missing Bruce, is that you are in fact a fascist.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #34 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce R.
I ask you for some sort of back up and get called a "Brown Shirt"?
Well Herr Goebbels, I’ll be sure to never question your credibility again! Since when is it in this country someone isn’t allowed to ask questions? You want it your way, and that’s all there is to it huh? That is sometimes called a Fascist or Marxist standpoint. Then you have the nerve to call me names? Way to go Herr Gobbles. Looks more to me like YOU are the one with the brown shirt, the one that can’t be questioned.
Ah how sweet it is when you think you can just discount the suffering of a group of people then feel all superior and anyone reporting that suffering is full of shit and must prove it. I gave you the links but as I expected, you would discount them.
This was not a question of credibility because I NEVER claimed it as my story but in your mind anything coming from me must be not only suspect but false. What's your defense now? Ah yeah, Homy don't play that! that's all you can come up with.
You say you asked questions but you didn't , because you already had made up your mind, remeber this?

Why am I not surprised that you are running off "half cocked" again?
post #35 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 02:08 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Sep 2004
Vehicle: 83 Astral Silver 280 SL
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Bruce, if you're feeling half cocked, there is nothing like a Feel The Love penis implant. Personally delivered by me, it is first inserted as a suppository.

Recall that earlier generations faced down fascism and communism not just with missiles and tanks, but with sturdy alliances and enduring convictions. They understood that our power alone cannot protect us, nor does it entitle us to do as we please. Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.

-President Barack Obama, 1st Inaugural address
post #36 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 02:39 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
This is a long standing way of doing business in the Gulf states and Saudi Arabia
It goes far back, beyond 25 years ago.

Western companies do the pioneer work and set up the system. Then Korean, Phillipino and Pakistani companies, paying very much lower wages to their workers, move in and take over, by undercutting the Western companies by millions, when the contracts come up for renewal.

Their incursion has devastated European and
American civil engineering contracts and Western companies have lost huge sums in the process which is why they now concentrate on high technology.

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #37 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 02:42 PM
Always Remembered RIP

Date registered: Nov 2006
Vehicle: 1991 560SEC AMG
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to cascade
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
I think the small detail you are missing Bruce, is that you are in fact a fascist.
You forgot "ignorant"

Jim
<--- superschnelle 300 hp 10:1 ECE euro HV, Hochverdichtung = high compression (11/2011) ... Wie im Freien Fall. Nur horizontal.

"I swear to god, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity." >'='<
post #38 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
DP

Vehicle: 190E, 400E, SLK350
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Lifetime Premium Member
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascade
This is a long standing way of doing business in the Gulf states and Saudi Arabia
It goes far back, beyond 25 years ago.

Western companies do the pioneer work and set up the system. Then Korean, Phillipino and Pakistani companies, paying very much lower wages to their workers, move in and take over, by undercutting the Western companies by millions, when the contracts come up for renewal.

Their incursion has devastated European and
American civil engineering contracts and Western companies have lost huge sums in the process which is why they now concentrate on high technology.
I know that but this group of people were hired by a Kuwaiti company that is a KBR subcontractor. In essence WE paid for this shit which Bruce does not seem to understand.

check out this example:
t r u t h o u t - Halliburton Exploits Foreign Workers in Iraq

Last edited by DP; 08-03-2007 at 02:47 PM.
post #39 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 02:47 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Vehicle: 2002 SLK 32 AMG, bone stock. 1987 190E 2.3-16 valve (destroyed). 2005 E320 new toy.
Quote:
Ah how sweet it is when you think you can just discount the suffering of a group of people then feel all superior and anyone reporting that suffering is full of shit and must prove it. I gave you the links but as I expected, you would discount them.
This was not a question of credibility because I NEVER claimed it as my story but in your mind anything coming from me must be not only suspect but false. What's your defense now? Ah yeah, Homy don't play that! that's all you can come up with.
You say you asked questions but you didn't , because you already had made up your mind, remember this?

Why am I not surprised that you are running off "half cocked" again?
Prof, excuse me, Herr Goebbels since you have become a mind reader as well as the semiofficial mouthpiece of the extreme left you will probably know what I am thinking, and that would go double on the weekends.
You first piece gave ONE link, and it was full of speculation. Do you deny that? If so, no sense in going any farther.
I’m glad that you realize that most anything you link to is suspect, as often it is. Reports that guess and point at things without a solid background are always suspect, or do you have trouble understanding that? Reports from Moveon.Org are suspect as are a number of other sites that have a clear and present agenda.
NOW as to having a defense, why would I need one? I asked a question, and you FINALLY were able to answer it, there is NO NEED to defend that, Herr Gobbles.
The company involved was a Kuwaiti company was it not? Questions were raised by AMERICAN sub contractors were they not? How are you going to hang that on the US, since there is apparently no question in your mind that this is automatically OUR fault, or should I say Bush’s fault?
There is no apparent indication that these people were mistreated other than being kidnapped. Nowhere did anyone say they were whipped, beaten, underfed, or anything else. That part was and apparently still is your personal hang up and you still have to prove it. I cannot argue that they APPARENTLY were kidnapped, but if workers were needed, workers work, slaves barely shuffle. It makes little sense to mistreat them unless you plan on killing them afterwards. Got any proof of that?

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon, the pigeon knocks over all the pieces, on the board and then struts around like it won the game."
Vladimir Putin

"They have gun control in Cuba. They have universal health care in Cuba. So why do they want to come here?"
Paul Harvey 8/31/94

"The only people who have quick answers don't have the responsibility of making the decisions."
Justice Clarence Thomas
post #40 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-03-2007, 02:48 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelTheLove
Bruce, if you're feeling half cocked, there is nothing like a Feel The Love penis implant. Personally delivered by me, it is first inserted as a suppository.
You are always welcome to give it a try, butt wipe......

Vladimir Putin

Paul Harvey 8/31/94

Justice Clarence Thomas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Mercedes-Benz Forum > General Mercedes-Benz Forums > Off-Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mercedes-Benz Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in